• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MK809III - KitKat 4.4 - SMIC717394 ---- 1080p ROM

Originally posted by Benobi View Post
    Hi,

I found this info:

Downloaded file, unpacked, but see errors (when try insmod command).

Hope you are able to do that

Benobi
    what error you get? you must have install busybox and pyton. i cant do it because i dont the unit to try it. Ill try something else.
    For all your computer problems...
    http://www.salvamipc.es

Comment

Just pointing out a very minor issue, icons disappear after rebooting. 2 on the bottom right and the one I put on the main screen.

Before reboot
      [IMG][/IMG]

After reboot
      [IMG][/IMG]

No need to fix for me, maybe fix in future release.
      HK1 Pro Plus
      FlowFon F1
      H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
      MXQ Pro+
      R-TVBOX Mini+
      MK809III

Comment

Originally posted by PolloLoco View Post
        Be careful though - that Kernel is less compatible than SMIC717394's. I installed the kernel you linked on several sticks, and it only booted for kitkat on my RK3188T sticks, ironically, not on the true RK3188's.

The kernels that Neomode and SMIC717394 are using for their Kit Kat Roms are the most compatible. Especially when you factor in SMIC's audio out fix for certain TV's. My best friend just called me yesterday, because he got no audio out from the stick I gave him. I had installed Quickshot on his stick - I'll replace it with this ROM, and SMIC's excellent audio-fix kernel. The only concern I have is that the Quickshot kernel had unlocked his RK3188T stick to 1.6ghz+, I'm not 100% positive that SMIC's kernel will do the same. . .

Besides that - some of you folks are focusing too hard on benchmarks as opposed to real life benchmarks. Before this ROM and Kernel - I was using SMIC's MK902 1080P Jellybean ROM. Antutu was only reporting 13000! It was, however, reporting a 1.6ghz clockspeed. But it was obvious that the ROM was much faster than stock, or competing custom ROMs in gaming and video. Since using SMIC's ROM - I've been streaming 1080P videos without a problem (at 1.4ghz, playback was stuttery) and getting excellent video game play. I suggest focusing more on real life benchmarks than Antutu. But if you're getting unsatisfactory performance, then by all means look around for a better option.
        You're right.
        But I noticed that when 1.6MHz system runs faster.
        Programs and browser open and run faster.
        I do not want highly overclock stick, 1.6MHz on cpu is enough.
        But with this firmware works fine network.
        Video Online and movies on a home network are almost without stopping.

Of all the firmware from this forum is the best IMHO.

THANKS smic717394 big THANKS !

Comment

Originally posted by imaddiced2u View Post
          Just pointing out a very minor issue, icons disappear after rebooting. 2 on the bottom right and the one I put on the main screen.

Before reboot
          [IMG][/IMG]

After reboot
          [IMG][/IMG]

No need to fix for me, maybe fix in future release.

Hi,

I can confirm the problem, although is not ROM related. The problem is the Launcher itself, it coluld be because we are reducing the dpi. The fix is simple you can install nova launcher.

I will release today a new ROM and change the default launcher with Trebuchet from CM11. I tested and with Trebuchet is fine.

Also would you guys like me to add the initial setup? When you first flash the box the initial setup is where it ask you to choose language, zone, wifi, so by the time you done the only thing you have to change is the resolution.

Thank you and sorry for the trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by smic717394 View Post
            what error you get? you must have install busybox and pyton. i cant do it because i dont the unit to try it. Ill try something else.
            Error:

insmod: init_module '/system/lib/modules/user-gpio-drv.ko' failed (No such file or directory)

Even when i try to dump i see:

/system/bin/sh: dump: not found

What to do?

Please help.

Regards,

Benobi

Comment

Hi,

I can confirm the problem, although is not ROM related. The problem is the Launcher itself, it coluld be because we are reducing the dpi. The fix is simple you can install nova launcher.

I will release today a new ROM and change the default launcher with Trebuchet from CM11. I tested and with Trebuchet is fine.

Also would you guys like me to add the initial setup? When you first flash the box the initial setup is where it ask you to choose language, zone, wifi, so by the time you done the only thing you have to change is the resolution.

Thank you and sorry for the trouble.
              I only just noticed it and thought I would mention it.
              Thanks, it's really not a problem.
              HK1 Pro Plus
              FlowFon F1
              MXQ Pro+
              R-TVBOX Mini+
              MK809III

Comment

I only just noticed it and thought I would mention it.
                Thanks, it's really not a problem.
                That's the same minor bug I pointed out earlier in the thread, but was too lazy to take a picture. ☺

It also happened with Smic's Jellybean Mk902 rom.

It's definitely not a problem, just something nice to have if you ever decide to update the rom, like exfat support. If it were up to me, I don't like the initial setup and wouldn't include it. I sometimes install roms on friends' sticks and don't want to fill in their info, I just want to see if the stick boots and sideload some apps.

Comment

Originally posted by PolloLoco View Post
                  That's the same minor bug I pointed out earlier in the thread, but was too lazy to take a picture. ☺

It also happened with Smic's Jellybean Mk902 rom.

It's definitely not a problem, just something nice to have if you ever decide to update the rom, like exfat support. If it were up to me, I don't like the initial setup and wouldn't include it. I sometimes install roms on friends' sticks and don't want to fill in their info, I just want to see if the stick boots and sideload some apps.

Ok, check first page for the new rom

Comment

Originally posted by Benobi View Post
                    Error:

insmod: init_module '/system/lib/modules/user-gpio-drv.ko' failed (No such file or directory)

Even when i try to dump i see:

/system/bin/sh: dump: not found

What to do?

Please help.

Regards,

Benobi
                    hi. you have to download the user-gpio-drv.ko

install a root file explorer and copy the user-gpio-drv.ko to lib/modules

cgech this link for the tools.

Comment

Works excellent. Many thanks.
                      HK1 Pro Plus
                      FlowFon F1
                      MXQ Pro+
                      R-TVBOX Mini+
                      MK809III

Comment

Works excellent. Many thanks.
                        you welcome.

Comment

I installed this on a friend's stick tonight. It ran great, no problems at all. He installed HBO Go, and it worked better than I expected.

Great work once again. I didn't get a chance to test exfat support.

Comment

SMIC: Spectacular work! V2 runs like a top with the default kernel on my RK3188 MK802IV AP6210. Im sure it will only improve with the 1.8ghz kernel. Video playback is smooth, network is quick and stable.
                            Thank you, SMIC!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
                            Please post your h/w & s/w as signature to help community with troubleshooting problems.
                            Mk802IV / AP6210 (RK3188) - SMIC717394 809III 1080p 4.4 (v2) base & default kernel w/ 4gb parameter.
                            uTechsmart (Asix AX88772 chip) USB Ethernet Adapter
                            iLuv iAD517 2.1A USB PS + Asus AD83531 2.0A USB PS
                            Motorola 89451N BT KB + Logitech K400r 2.4GHz KB

Comment

please please release for the old mk809III wifi.

Please

Comment

Originally posted by makelele View Post
                                please please release for the old mk809III wifi.

Please
                                ill try. I got someone who said is going to sponsor me to a unit, and instead of getting myself a nice new faster unit I choose to get the 809III with old wifi so i can make the kernel for you guys.

What unit you have and where u got it fron so I can get a similar one.

Comment

Working...
                                X