Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koshara View Post
    So, you mean I can use CifsManager/Mount Manager without any additional modules?

That is great! You guys rock!
    I didn't have any luck with this, os if you figure it out, please let me know how you did it. My wish scenario would be for the NAS to mount at Minix bootup, preferrably using a script or something so i don't have to run an app. I've seen dudes post the likes using some busybox stuff or something... dunno i'm terrible with linux terminal stuff
    -= HELLO KITKAT =-

Comment

Originally posted by flemming View Post
      I didn't have any luck with this, os if you figure it out, please let me know how you did it. My wish scenario would be for the NAS to mount at Minix bootup, preferrably using a script or something so i don't have to run an app. I've seen dudes post the likes using some busybox stuff or something... dunno i'm terrible with linux terminal stuff
      Oh, no, no, no, mate, you are thinking too highly of me I never claimed to be Linux guru. I have IT/engineering background and have general understanding how stuff works, but all my years of experience are with windows servers I'm afraid...
      So, google, forums and CWR backup are my best friends for now.
      Actually I don't reboot my MINIX too often, so simple manual mount would be a good win for me for now. Automount will stay in "nice to have" section for now.

Comment

Re: Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

So, you mean I can use CifsManager/Mount Manager without any additional modules?

That is great! You guys rock!
        Yes, you can I never used them, but the kernel have support for those protocols inside

Daemonium uses a nas, i think he can help you better than me.

leolas.
        REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
        My devices:
        Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
        MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
        Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
        Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
        Gearbest.com)
        MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
        Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Hi Folks,

I am really interested to try Quickshot but I'm kinda stucked with what I have right now. My current ROM comes with a CWM installed and when I try to flash the Quickshot cwm version, it completes without error but during boot up it's stuck with the MINIX logo forever. Now the problem is I can't try the other method because whenever I press the recovery button of MINIX, it'll boot to CWM all the time and my laptop can no longer detect device. Can someone give me an advise please. It's driving me nuts.

Comment

Oh, no, no, no, mate, you are thinking too highly of me I never claimed to be Linux guru. I have IT/engineering background and have general understanding how stuff works, but all my years of experience are with windows servers I'm afraid...
            So, google, forums and CWR backup are my best friends for now.
            Actually I don't reboot my MINIX too often, so simple manual mount would be a good win for me for now. Automount will stay in "nice to have" section for now.
            Hehe, we are much alike then... anyways, i got it working with CifsManager app, but only when i use the modules, which i copy to the modules folder myself.

I hope Daemonium can lift the curtain, so we can learn how to mount drives 'natively'
            -= HELLO KITKAT =-

Comment

Hehe, we are much alike then... anyways, i got it working with CifsManager app, but only when i use the modules, which i copy to the modules folder myself.

I hope Daemonium can lift the curtain, so we can learn how to mount drives 'natively'
              Actually I just went and tried CifsManager out. Worked like a charm. Mounted my PC shared drive without any questions or additional modules, just like leolas said. And it's also seems like file transfer/streaming speed are better compared to ES Explorer SMB share. Later needs more testing though. Will do later, as both devices are rather busy now, syncing their music files

Comment

Actually I just went and tried CifsManager out. Worked like a charm. Mounted my PC shared drive without any questions or additional modules, just like leolas said. And it's also seems like file transfer/streaming speed are better compared to ES Explorer SMB share. Later needs more testing though. Will do later, as both devices are rather busy now, syncing their music files
                I tested again just now. Deleted the modules and mounted 'as usual', and suddenly it works

I must have made some stoopid error when i tried it the first time.... not the last time
                Last edited by flemming; 01-31-2014, 01:27.
                -= HELLO KITKAT =-

Comment

Just want to say thanks for a great ROM.

Everything works fine for me, NAS through NFS. XBMC, no crashes in over a week of use.

Great, just great.

Comment

One more question if I may, mates.

Currently (from the start actually) I'm using Stock_Stock_DDR720 kernel, quite happy with it, however sometimes it feels like my MINIX would benefit from another smaaaaaal push to remove occasional lags...
                    No issues with FullHD playback though. All is smooth and nice there.
                    Doesn't look like GPU needs additional motivation.

I'm thinking CPU1704_GPU_STOCK_DDR720 maybe? What are the BUS frequency? I'd like to use "full" multipliers, although it's not that important nowadays...

Anyone tried 1800/800 kernel? Any feedback? How is stability and temperature?

Thanks!

Comment

Great ROM

Ran rom last night. No problems. Appears to be very stable. I am running beyond xbmc 12.4 and it is great with this quickshot rom. No problems yet. Now i will try the finless bob 720 oc kernels and check out performance. The beyond xbmc dominated over xbmc for minix as far as cpu usage and ram usage so i deleted xbmc for minix.

Great rom , much much thanks. kevin

Comment

Originally posted by blackstarr View Post
                        Hi Folks,

I am really interested to try Quickshot but I'm kinda stucked with what I have right now. My current ROM comes with a CWM installed and when I try to flash the Quickshot cwm version, it completes without error but during boot up it's stuck with the MINIX logo forever. Now the problem is I can't try the other method because whenever I press the recovery button of MINIX, it'll boot to CWM all the time and my laptop can no longer detect device. Can someone give me an advise please. It's driving me nuts.
                        Strange, we checked that cwm install works fine for us, anyway, from what Rom do you come? I hope it was not a kitkat Rom, if you use a kitkat Rom, then you must use the pc way.

Good! When you got some free time, please post a miniguide, a lot of people will thank you.

I tested again just now. Deleted the modules and mounted 'as usual', and suddenly it works

I must have made some stoopid error when i tried it the first time.... not the last time
                        Nice! Please, like Koshara,,a miniguide will be apreciated gor a lot of users.

Originally posted by Bigleg View Post
                        Just want to say thanks for a great ROM.

Everything works fine for me, NAS through NFS. XBMC, no crashes in over a week of use.

Great, just great.
                        Nice! thanks for the feedback.

Currently (from the start actually) I'm using Stock_Stock_DDR720 kernel, quite happy with it, however sometimes it feels like my MINIX would benefit from another smaaaaaal push to remove occasional lags...

I'm thinking CPU1704_GPU_STOCK_DDR720 maybe? What are the BUS frequency? I'd like to use "full" multipliers, although it's not that important nowadays...

Thanks!
                        I tried it, my cpu in my X7 unit is not a great oc I run cpu1800h ddr720 gpustock without problems, only 1 crash since we released the Rom, and I was playing with some settings in framework, so I really don't know if the crash was for it) but it dont go up, at 1900 cpu the sistem reboots, don't tried gpu oc nor ddr800

Originally posted by smokie171 View Post
                        Ran rom last night. No problems. Appears to be very stable. I am running beyond xbmc 12.4 and it is great with this quickshot rom. No problems yet. Now i will try the finless bob 720 oc kernels and check out performance. The beyond xbmc dominated over xbmc for minix as far as cpu usage and ram usage so i deleted xbmc for minix.

Great rom , much much thanks. kevin
                        Thanks for the feedback.

leolas.
                        REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                        My devices:
                        Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                        MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                        Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                        Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                        Gearbest.com)
                        MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                        Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Thanks!
                          on my setup i use cpu1704_gpu_stock_ddr720, and it's pretty stable, i don't like going up to 1800. just my 2 cent.
                          There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by blackstarr View Post
                            Hi Folks,

Probably you were using a rom with different parameter layout before. So, cwm install option is not for you. Use the pc method and you're fine
                            There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Y'all think beyond xbmc is better then the minix buildin xbmc? Any reasons?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by benster1 View Post
                                Y'all think beyond xbmc is better then the minix buildin xbmc? Any reasons?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk
                                Because it has the word "beyond" in it which reminds me of Buzz from toy story
                                To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

Comment

Working...
                                X