Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leolas View Post
    Using quick flasher. Please read the 3 first post.

leolas
    sent from my phone.
    Thank you.
    The left of the screen cwm in some of the letters do not show

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
      720p Kernelpack:
      https://mega.co.nz/#!2EMkHK4Z!kwCBEl...XZh8_yAFka4CIU
      Note: You must flash small_icons patch with quickflasher before using a 720p kernel

Independent Patches:

Big Icons
      MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Small Icons
      MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Overlay ON

Overlay OFF

If I want to install the 720P Kernel from the Stock Minix 008 rom, how do I flash small_icons patch first? Should I quickflash from the Minix stock rom? I don't think thats what you meant. Am I missing something?

Or Should I first install 1080P ROM and then flash small icons patch and then 720P kernel? My TV does not support 1080P, I doubt if I will be able to see the display if I use the 1080P ROM.

Any help? Thanks in Advance.
      Last edited by madtech360; 03-18-2014, 11:32.

Comment

New Flash

Hi,

I have flashed this V2 ROM on my X7 and other than install the fusion add-on in XBMC (same one in V2) it is all stock.. After installing the ROM I powered up and while running through a few apps noticed a few updates kicking off.. WIFI connection was a little on the weak side but figured my location in the house may be the cause.. Later I noticed that I had not even put the WIFI antenna on (oops), but oh well - it was working.. (later switched to ethernet and everthing is good)

No real problems with the ROM that I can see, it looks great! Thanks to all!! Was wondering what icons I have with stock install ..? I'd like to see things a little smaller, on a larger HD TV it looks too much like an oversized tablet (I know.. that's what this OS is based on, but I'd like to see it more as a desktop OS)

One issue that has come up.. I have installed an app that requires the Hook app to stream live content. When Hook loads it takes the X7 down.. requiring the power to be unplugged from the X7 and replaced to recover. I haven't found an alternative to Hook (does anybody know of one?) but was wondering if there is a way to find out what is happening, a way to get around it, etc.

Will probably play with a slight OC kernel later, but so far I like it!

thanks,

-Craig

Comment

Hello,

* Before i expose my problem i'd like to thank The Nitro Team for this amazing rom.

From the moment i got the Minix X7 I've been using the WiFi connection without any major issues but since i started to use to Ethernet mode every couple of minutes i'm losing the connection, is it driving me nuts, i tried different cables (CAT5/CAT6), even switched from DroidMote to Lanmote Deluxe but nothing helps, i'm 100% confident the router is working perfectly.

Any ideas ?, i sincerely hope its not a defective device.

ps: I'm using the recommended 1080p Kernel.

Comment

Comment

Re: Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Originally posted by emtt_medo View Post
              Your TV must have an auto zoom function enabled. Try to disable it.

Originally posted by xtremeclock View Post
              Hello,

* Before i expose my problem i'd like to thank The Nitro Team for this amazing rom.

From the moment i got the Minix X7 I've been using the WiFi connection without any major issues but since i started to use to Ethernet mode every couple of minutes i'm losing the connection, is it driving me nuts, i tried different cables (CAT5/CAT6), even switched from DroidMote to Lanmote Deluxe but nothing helps, i'm 100% confident the router is working perfectly.

Any ideas ?, i sincerely hope its not a defective device.

ps: I'm using the recommended 1080p Kernel.
              Sorry but no ideas for my side I had the Ethernet in quickshot V2 working for almost a day some days ago, and no problems, using dhcp provided by router.

Originally posted by ceeuu View Post
              Hi,

I have flashed this V2 ROM on my X7 and other than install the fusion add-on in XBMC (same one in V2) it is all stock.. After installing the ROM I powered up and while running through a few apps noticed a few updates kicking off.. WIFI connection was a little on the weak side but figured my location in the house may be the cause.. Later I noticed that I had not even put the WIFI antenna on (oops), but oh well - it was working.. (later switched to ethernet and everthing is good)

No real problems with the ROM that I can see, it looks great! Thanks to all!! Was wondering what icons I have with stock install ..? I'd like to see things a little smaller, on a larger HD TV it looks too much like an oversized tablet (I know.. that's what this OS is based on, but I'd like to see it more as a desktop OS)

One issue that has come up.. I have installed an app that requires the Hook app to stream live content. When Hook loads it takes the X7 down.. requiring the power to be unplugged from the X7 and replaced to recover. I haven't found an alternative to Hook (does anybody know of one?) but was wondering if there is a way to find out what is happening, a way to get around it, etc.

Will probably play with a slight OC kernel later, but so far I like it!

thanks,

-Craig
              With stock install I think we provided the big icons by default. You van try small icons and see if it works better for you.

Sorry I didn't know hook app. I will try to take a look on it.

Originally posted by madtech360 View Post
              If I want to install the 720P Kernel from the Stock Minix 008 rom, how do I flash small_icons patch first? Should I quickflash from the Minix stock rom? I don't think thats what you meant. Am I missing something?

Or Should I first install 1080P ROM and then flash small icons patch and then 720P kernel? My TV does not support 1080P, I doubt if I will be able to see the display if I use the 1080P ROM.

Any help? Thanks in Advance.
              I think you must see it in 1080 resized go 720, so don't worry.
              Included in the ROM there is an app made by tincore called quickflasher.
              Install the ROM, copy the small icons patch to the folder quickflasher in sdcard, and copy there too the 720p kernel.
              Using the quickflasher app flash the patch and just after flash the kernel, that's all

leolas
              sent from my phone.
              REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
              My devices:
              Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
              MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
              Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
              Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
              Gearbest.com)
              MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
              Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
              Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

im getting some black outs "screen goes black and the picture comes back again" on my tv with this rom is anyone else having this problem

Comment

Originally posted by miccon View Post
                  im getting some black outs "screen goes black and the picture comes back again" on my tv with this rom is anyone else having this problem
                  Did you activate the "Stay Awake" option as suggested in post #3 ( as well as follow the other suggestions they made )

Comment

Thank you
                    But why can not to find AirDrop

Comment

@lealos thanks for this rom. it is the first time i have done it. and it is doing things that i want it to do ,firefox is ok with live streaming for football links as far as i know there is nothing that i stream that is in xbmc unless some1 can tell me if i can use live tv in xbmc. i went back on youtube and put fusion/mashup in the source, they seem to work but i also read it is not wise to run different sources on 1 xbmc. i have got the hulu apk plus the repository.xbmcplus.plugin is there a guide to root this is that right ie does it go on the internal sdcard. i want to know how to install plugins. i know i have the apk but not all plugins for xbmc are apks. and if i was to mount a 32g sd card would it format it to linux and not be able to use it with windows sorry for all the questions ive only had it for 3/4 weeks now so im just learning. i have had a play with the vpn but no connection i do i sub to a pia so does it work again thanks.

Comment

Just wanted to say a massive thanks, was put onto this forum and rom by somecooltech on youtube and delighted! Only question i have is there a way to reallocate the internal storage? I have a 32gig sd set up as the nand flash so wondered if i could reallocate the entire internal storage to the 16 gigs spare as opposed to the 4gig as standard? I noticed finless saying he has a patch for that, is it simple enough? If it isn't it's no big deal i'd just like to utilise the storage as much as possible. Thanks again guys, top effort!

Comment

This needs to be done at kernel level for the best result. But if the SD card get broken it will be a big failure.

Comment

Originally posted by goodoane View Post
                            This needs to be done at kernel level for the best result. But if the SD card get broken it will be a big failure.
                            Yeah that's true, as long as i can reflash i don't mind though i don't have anything on my box i can't easily replace. As far as kernel level goes, i'm struggling with the whole concept i'm not great on it, tried to find a guide but it may be that i just have to leave it. Thanks for the heads up mate it's much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by seagate1 View Post
                              @lealos thanks for this rom. it is the first time i have done it. and it is doing things that i want it to do ,firefox is ok with live streaming for football links as far as i know there is nothing that i stream that is in xbmc unless some1 can tell me if i can use live tv in xbmc. i went back on youtube and put fusion/mashup in the source, they seem to work but i also read it is not wise to run different sources on 1 xbmc. i have got the hulu apk plus the repository.xbmcplus.plugin is there a guide to root this is that right ie does it go on the internal sdcard. i want to know how to install plugins. i know i have the apk but not all plugins for xbmc are apks. and if i was to mount a 32g sd card would it format it to linux and not be able to use it with windows sorry for all the questions ive only had it for 3/4 weeks now so im just learning. i have had a play with the vpn but no connection i do i sub to a pia so does it work again thanks.
                              @Seagate 1. Yeah this is my fist custom ROM also. It's great. I am also new to XBMC which is also fantastic however there is a steep learning curve.

You should probably try and limit your questions to ROM specific here and not so much XBMC. However I can suggest a few things.

Source i.e. Fusio /XFinity are not APKs they are installable scripts. Once adding Fusin you need to add the service you want. Check out YouTube type in Fusion Install. I believe XBMC Helper's video is good. Also check out the XBMC Forums for more detailed stuff.

For specific plug ins for XBMC like Hulu visit their web page also. No experience with that service here. I think you are confusing the stand alone app with the XBMC plug in. The XBMC plug ins are found in Video| Add Ons after you install them. Again the YouTube Videos will help.

For live TV streaming there are options depending on what country / network etc. Google is your friend, stat with the servie you are interested in with XBMC live streaming and se what you get. I steam Greek, Thai, Turkish and Italian TV for friends and family from Fusion.

I have formatted sticks in both NTFS and FAT32 and they work fine.

Happy reading and good luck!

Comment

@Daemonium (and team).

I am in the right thread now. Thank for creating the scripts to undo the Mele and the other air mouse stability removal script. And the advice was appreciated. After running the script its definitely a keeper.

Thee feedback for your information is as follows for Tronsmart TSM-01:

After 4-5 days I have not had a single force shut down. However the mouse cursor still drifts or becomes erratic. I notice this more in 2 scenarios:

1. When web browsing (any browser)
                                2. Under system load i.e. tTorrents running, ES Explorer, Browser, BXBMC

On 1704/GPU_Stock/720 the system still works like a breeze however I occasionally get shutdowns in BXBMC an tTorrents Per Flumpster's advice I will revert to Stock/Stock/720 and monitor.

Thanks TNT for your continued dedication and support.

Comment

Working...
                                X