General AML S802 Device release discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
    I think certain CPU testing apps are giving the wrong maximum CPU value. I think it is 1.9.

If you download trickster mod. Then run antutu then run trickster and look at the CPU usage table it shows that 1.9 "time in state" is acrtually being used.

Sent from my Firefly V65 using Tapatalk
    Maybe... but if i use Antutu CPU (to "unlock" CPU max frequencies), Antutu test freeze ..
    Have to tested?

Comment

Re: General AML S802 Device release discussions

Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
      Maybe... but if i use Antutu CPU (to "unlock" CPU max frequencies), Antutu test freeze ..
      Have to tested?
      I don't think Antutu CPU does 'unlock' the higher frequency. I think it is already 1.9. I'm getting the same Antutu scores before and after running Antutu CPU. I'm not sure why its crashing for you after running it.

Are you using the xposed framework? I've heard that can cause crashes in Antutu.

Comment

I don't think Antutu CPU does 'unlock' the higher frequency. I think it is already 1.9. I'm getting the same Antutu scores before and after running Antutu CPU. I'm not sure why its crashing for you after running it.

Are you using the xposed framework? I've heard that can cause crashes in Antutu.

I think you re right. After an Antutu, i check CPUZ who gives me 1,99 Mhz... without Antutu CPU launch.
        So initial speed max seems 1.99Mhz...

I haven't restored Xposed so freeze is strange... I think android app have to be patched for AML s802... We will see.

Comment

I think you re right. After an Antutu, i check CPUZ who gives me 1,99 Mhz... without Antutu CPU launch.
          So initial speed max seems 1.99Mhz...

I haven't restored Xposed so freeze is strange... I think android app have to be patched for AML s802... We will see.
          There must be something in the kernel that's causing some CPU apps to read 1.6Ghz. It might be the 1.6 scaling initd thats still in the ROM, I'm not sure. The whole kernel needs reworked but there's no full kernel sources so the devs can't. Hopefully they will come in future.

The box really shouldn't be unstable at 1.9Ghz though as that is its normal max frequency and its quite cool to touch. If the devs had full kernel sources they could probably overclock to 2.2 GHz or something similar.

Comment

Alright so which box is Bob supporting? I'm probably going with that

Comment

Originally posted by reddragon72 View Post
              Alright so which box is Bob supporting? I'm probably going with that
              I think Geekbuying sent Bob and D33 a Tronsmart VEGA S89 each (not sure which version).
              So if Bob does ROMs for both the Standard and Elite, that covers all of us with VEGA S89/Beelink M8/S82/etc etc (in a nutshell, all the S802 "hockey puck" Netxeon boards that are on the market at the moment - basically there are 2 versions, one with 8gb and AP6210 WiFi chipset, the other with 16gb an AP6330 Dual-band WiFi chipset).

This may change over time, so I'd get one whilst we are all "on the same page" hardware wise as it were.

Comment

Correct I have a vega elite. I've compiled a kernel from the supplied source but it appears to be for Linux. When we get the customer android source I'll get going properly and fix the Govenor/CPU limitations

Using my ipad so apols for any stupid ios spelling 'corrections'
                Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
                  Correct I have a vega elite. I've compiled a kernel from the supplied source but it appears to be for Linux. When we get the customer android source I'll get going properly and fix the Govenor/CPU limitations

Using my ipad so apols for any stupid ios spelling 'corrections'
                  Nice to read that!
                  It seems a lot of work is waiting for you
                  Performance stock kernel is really nice "in action"... I can't imagine with your tweaks!!!!

Please, add a nfs support to your futur kernel... My NAS is very sad with samba only.

Comment

Originally posted by jimac View Post
                    I think Geekbuying sent Bob and D33 a Tronsmart VEGA S89 each (not sure which version).
                    So if Bob does ROMs for both the Standard and Elite, that covers all of us with VEGA S89/Beelink M8/S82/etc etc (in a nutshell, all the S802 "hockey puck" Netxeon boards that are on the market at the moment - basically there are 2 versions, one with 8gb and AP6210 WiFi chipset, the other with 16gb an AP6330 Dual-band WiFi chipset).

This may change over time, so I'd get one whilst we are all "on the same page" hardware wise as it were.
                    Thanks for that.

Just checked GB and don't see a D33 and the Vegas say pre order....

Comment

hi,
                      So Xposed framework is working with S802?
                      thnx

Comment

Originally posted by eM82 View Post
                        hi,
                        So Xposed framework is working with S802?
                        thnx
                        I confirm... Gravity for example.

Comment

Originally posted by reddragon72 View Post
                          Thanks for that.

Just checked GB and don't see a D33 and the Vegas say pre order....
                          I'm d33!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donate to Finless

Comment

I'm d33!

Is there any reason they would have released a Linux kernel for the S89? Its really strange?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Is there any reason they would have released a Linux kernel for the S89? Its really strange?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
                              Because that meets GPL requirement?

Donate to Finless

Comment

I'm d33!

Are you?
                                lol

Comment

Working...
                                X