Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minix official release the NEO X8 and X8S Quad Core Android TV BOX Power By Amlogic S802 and S802H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taxidermista View Post
    I've got mine today: 48 HOURS FROM HK TO SPAIN. ******* AWESOME!

I've never seen something like that and I've been shopping online for 15 years. Unbelievable.

DHL, of course. Almost forget to mention. XD
    WOW...

Comment

Mine is still being transported to Germany. I guess I'll choose Express shipping next time, I envy you guys

Comment

@ everyone who is receiving their x8-h would you guys mind helping the community out with answering some of the questions on this checklist when you have the time.

Thx!

Comment

geekbuying,
          When will be declared a winner Minix Neo X8-H?

Comment

strjaz - http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-in-GeekBuying!

Comment

WiFi Strength

Does anyone else feel the WiFi strength for the X8-H is substandard given the external antenna? Could this be a firmware issue?

I just tested and compared my X8-H to my Tronsmart S89-H (with its internal antenna) in a room that was on the opposite side of the house and floor below where my access point is located. The results were as follows:

Strongest signal came from the S89-H on 5G with a top download speed of 9.58 Mbps
              Second strongest was the X8-H on 2.4G (5.44 Mbps)
              Third was X8-H on 5G (2.22 Mbps)
              Weakest signal came from S89-H on 2.4 G (1.09 Mbps)

To give the numbers a little more meaning on 5G both the X8-H and S89-H achieved download speeds of 33 Mbps when in the same room as the access point.

Comment

Originally posted by reliance443 View Post
                Does anyone else feel the WiFi strength for the X8-H is substandard given the external antenna? Could this be a firmware issue?

I just tested and compared my X8-H to my Tronsmart S89-H (with its internal antenna) in a room that was on the opposite side of the house and floor below where my access point is located. The results were as follows:

Strongest signal came from the S89-H on 5G with a top download speed of 9.58 Mbps

To give the numbers a little more meaning on 5G both the X8-H and S89-H achieved download speeds of 33 Mbps when in the same room as the access point.

Have you made the same tests on the Minix with its antenna in horizontal position?

Comment

Originally posted by Taxidermista View Post
                  Have you made the same tests on the Minix with its antenna in horizontal position?
                  No just vertical .. You think that would make a difference .. or are you saying for completeness purposes?

Comment

Yes, the direction of the antenna greatly affects the performance because the antenna transmits and receives best perpendicularly to the direction of the antenna. Of course, there is a degree of off axis performance depending on the elevation of the antenna signal propagation, but perpendicular is still best.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

To compare signal strength one should use app such as wifi analyzer, which is preinstalled.
                      Get rid all those variables such as Internet speed.

Comment

HI Eric (GeekBuying),

I received my package 2days ago and i noticed that it does not contain the 4 free gifts . i sent an email yesterday ( [email protected] ) but until now i had no response from your team . Can you tell me when you will answer me ?

First time ordering from geekbuying.

Comment

WiFi Strength and Direct Connection Substandard Speeds

I have noticed less than optimum downloads both by WiFi and direct connection using the same download/upload challenge software. The maximum download is about 33 Mbps with 12 upload.

Comment

One antenna to both, 2.4 and 5 GHz, is always a compromise...
                            At S82/89, corresponding to your results, it seams maybe to be optimized for 5 GHz and at x8 for 2.4 GHz, but the benefit at x8 is the detachable antenna...
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

When The X8s will be released?
                              www.sacvideolari.com www.babatorik.com

Comment

Originally posted by hicham2u View Post
                                HI Eric (GeekBuying),

I received my package 2days ago and i noticed that it does not contain the 4 free gifts . i sent an email yesterday ( [email protected] ) but until now i had no response from your team . Can you tell me when you will answer me ?

First time ordering from geekbuying.
                                I hope mine arrives with the free gifts as promised!

Comment

Working...
                                X