Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Nextbook Models for 2014 (Quad Core RK3188)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moonsbabe View Post
    I have downloaded thLingo to install, o and the Kingo and neither one of them can see my tablet. I have USB debugging checked and unknown apps checked. I guess I will try it from my laptop today.
    I had to disable Norton 360 to get MoBo and Kingo to install properly. Then had to get MoBo talking to tab first then Kingo worked great.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
      I had trouble with mine too... but my troubles were getting the software installed... bug in my firewall software... had to remove comodo firewall and switch to windows firewall.
      Thanks for the info on how to root

Comment

More App storage?

Is there any way to divert some or all internal SD space to app storage space other than just moving apps to SD card? Thanks!

Comment

I don't have Norton. I still need to try the laptop....just getting it out and doing it is the problem!

Originally posted by biffsteele View Post
          I had to disable Norton 360 to get MoBo and Kingo to install properly. Then had to get MoBo talking to tab first then Kingo worked great.

Comment

I don't have Norton. I still need to try the laptop....just getting it out and doing it is the problem!
            Yeah you may have to disable the Antivirus and/or firewall to do this. Plus get the Android SDK and Java JDK from here and here and install that first.
            NEXTBOOK NX700QC16G Rooted with updated firmware to allow 13GB App Space

Comment

I don't have Norton. I still need to try tMoBo and kingoaptop....just getting it out and doing it is the problem!
              Maybe just disable whatever AV u do have before trying to install mobo and kingo.

Comment

Originally posted by RosaFang View Post
                Yeah you may have to disable the Antivirus and/or firewall to do this. Plus get the Android SDK and Java JDK from here and here and install that first.
                My bad ... thanks to you for the root tips

Comment

I give up. I have tried everything suggested. And tried it all on my laptop. I guess I will have to wait.....

Maybe just disable whatever AV u do have before trying to install mobo and kingo.

Comment

Originally posted by RosaFang View Post

Good point... I don't think else pointed out that having the android SDK installed and ADB working is a prerequisite...

ShaunMT
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Is there any way to divert some or all internal SD space to app storage space other than just moving apps to SD card? Thanks!
                      Not without a custom ROM or patch... but at least the partition map isn't hard coded into the kernel on this model.

Stay tuned...

ShaunMT
                      Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Glad you finally got it working...

ShaunMT
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

FYI - Getting Root or Fastboot Mode Working is Required

The only way to flash the RK3188 models will be to get Root or Fastboot mode working first...

Eventually, a custom recovery can be installed internally, but the only way to install anything without custom recovery is to have root access or get fastboot mode working in order to use the RKFlash tool.

ShaunMT
                          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Not without a custom ROM or patch... but at least the partition map isn't hard coded into the kernel on this model.

Stay tuned...

ShaunMT
                            Had 4 or 5 play store updates that kept saying insufficient space, then remembered about Link2SD from my Optimus S days. Appears to work fine upped my internal memory from 110mb to 430mb or so. Not a Devby trade but if u need a tester ...

Comment

Good point I don't think else pointed out that having the android SDK installed and ADB working is a prerequisite...

ShaunMT
                              That could very well be it. Forgot I had it installed from rooting another device .

Comment

Had 4 or 5 play store updates that kept saying insufficient space, then remembered about Link2SD from my Optimus S days. Appears to work fine upped my internal memory from 110mb to 430mb or so. Not a Devby trade but if u need a tester ...
                                Same problem here... just a few downloads and the /data partition is nearly full and the system app updates won't install due to lack of space... only 1 GB for /data was kinda stupid...

When I get custom ROM made for this model, I'll probably reallocate half the internal SD space to /data instead. I'll probably provide the option to move the entire internal SD space to /data and use the external SD card as the only SD card also.

ShaunMT
                                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Working...
                                X