Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Nextbook Models for 2014 (Quad Core RK3188)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaHald177262
    Same problem here... just a few downloads and the /data partition is nearly full and the system app updates won't install due to lack of space... only 1 GB for /data was kinda stupid...

When I get custom ROM made for this model, I'll probably reallocate half the internal SD space to /data instead. I'll probably provide the option to move the entire internal SD space to /data and use the external SD card as the only SD card also.

ShaunMT
    Sweeeeet! Half is nice, option is icing on the cake!

Comment

I got one

Got it at WalMart as a cheap "extra" tablet. I was tired of my son putting games on my Nexus 10, which I use for business/work purposes. This nextbook tablet is pretty awesome for $99.

If you all get a working KitKat ROM for this thing, then that's icing on the cake. BTW, for those of you considering buying this, the only real downside is that the screen resolution is kind of crummy.

Comment

Originally posted by nalf38 View Post
        Got it at WalMart as a cheap "extra" tablet. I was tired of my son putting games on my Nexus 10, which I use for business/work purposes. This nextbook tablet is pretty awesome for $99.

If you all get a working KitKat ROM for this thing, then that's icing on the cake. BTW, for those of you considering buying this, the only real downside is that the screen resolution is kind of crummy.
        I was actually looking at the 7" model but they were out then i saw this one. Was looking for an inexpensive one too. I'm fine with resolution my gripes are app storage space and front facing camera 0.3 .. really?

Comment

A bit Laggy?

Is it me or does this tablet seem a bit laggy at times for a Quad Core?

Comment

Originally posted by biffsteele View Post
            Is it me or does this tablet seem a bit laggy at times for a Quad Core?
            I haven't used mine much yet, but it's not as fast I hoped it would be. Faster than the Amlogic dual cores, but I'm sure it doesn't compare to the Amlogic quad cores.

ShaunMT
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by moonsbabe View Post
              Still haven't tried on my laptop...but this didn't work either. I have never had so much trouble getting a computer and a tablet to get along! LOL!!
              i have installed the drivers and now i get "Fetching scripts" then i get "Root Failed ServerError"

Comment

Root

Mine still isn't rooted. I can't get any computer to recognize it.

Comment

Mine still isn't rooted. I can't get any computer to recognize it.
                  did you "update" your "Android Phone" Android ADB Interface driver in control panel

if not try this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDA8PpPSFuk

mine detects my device but fails to get some kind of script
                  i think its due to Kingo Android ROOT not detecting my tablet correctly

Comment

recovery

How is the recovery coming? Is there anything that I can do to help...testing or otherwise?

Comment

Originally posted by Perfectpitch View Post
                      How is the recovery coming? Is there anything that I can do to help...testing or otherwise?
                      Sorry guys... I haven't made any further progress on this yet... deep bricked one of my other devices trying to test a ROM for release...

ShaunMT
                      Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Yes yes yes!!!

Finally! I knew I wouldn't let it beat me! I have root!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!
                        I updated the ADB driver and had uninstalled Kingo. Redownloaded it and it worked this time!!!!
                        Now I need recovery! LOL!!!

Originally posted by hbelcher View Post
                        did you "update" your "Android Phone" Android ADB Interface driver in control panel

if not try this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDA8PpPSFuk

mine detects my device but fails to get some kind of script
                        i think its due to Kingo Android ROOT not detecting my tablet correctly

Comment

Finally! I knew I wouldn't let it beat me! I have root!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!
                          I updated the ADB driver and had uninstalled Kingo. Redownloaded it and it worked this time!!!!
                          Now I need recovery! LOL!!!
                          Congratz!

Now you'll be ready for custom recovery, which I should be able to get to before too long...

ShaunMT
                          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I sure hope so. I would love to do more with this tablet!

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
                            Congratz!

Now you'll be ready for custom recovery, which I should be able to get to before too long...

ShaunMT

Comment

update from nextbook soon?

According to the nextbookusa.com site there is supposedly an update coming mid July to 4.4.2.
                              Also just wondering if people are having hot issues by the power plug when playing games?

Comment

Originally posted by phipps_2000 View Post
                                According to the nextbookusa.com site there is supposedly an update coming mid July to 4.4.2.
                                Also just wondering if people are having hot issues by the power plug when playing games?
                                I'll believe the update when I see it... They'll more likely release a new model with 4.4.2.

Haven't used mine enough to notice any issues...

ShaunMT
                                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Working...
                                X