Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Nextbook Models for 2014 (Quad Core RK3188)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check this thread found on xda, includes a ROM for this tablet.

Just picked one of these up from Walmart. So far, not a bad tablet for the price. Their website is reporting it will have a KitKat update on July 15, 2014. Rooting instructions for Nextbook 8 Quad Core (NX785QC8G). 1. Connect to PC via USB...

Comment

HI i'm new here i have one these first time ever owning a tablet and was wondering if it is safe to have plugged in while watching netflix movies, and also charge from like my car on one those universal chargers. can someone help me out. nextbook just gives some stupid lame brain answers like its not designed like this i'm sorry for your battery life.

Comment

Re: New Nextbook Models for 2014 (Quad Core RK3188)

Originally posted by TonyB123 View Post
        HI i'm new here i have one these first time ever owning a tablet and was wondering if it is safe to have plugged in while watching netflix movies, and also charge from like my car on one those universal chargers. can someone help me out. nextbook just gives some stupid lame brain answers like its not designed like this i'm sorry for your battery life.
        Can you please confirm which model you have? They dont all charge the same...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
          Can you please confirm which model you have? They dont all charge the same...

yes its NX785QC8G ON THE box says nextbook 8

Comment

yes its NX785QC8G ON THE box says nextbook 8
            ok... I have one of those also...

This is only charges via a usb cable with an ac adapter...

In my experience, it does not charge properly unless you use the ac adapter that came with it, although it might be possible to find compatible adaptors...

Mine will not charge correctly using my samsung adaptors.

Assuming you use a compatible adapter, it should be on to leave it plugged in while using it. You might want to watch the temp though... these tablets dont have active cooling so they can get extremely hot very fast when playing video or gaming...

Shaunmt

Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

ok... I have one of those also...

This is only charges via a usb cable with an ac adapter...

In my experience, it does not charge properly unless you use the ac adapter that came with it, although it might be possible to find compatible adaptors...

Mine will not charge correctly using my samsung adaptors.

Assuming you use a compatible adapter, it should be on to leave it plugged in while using it. You might want to watch the temp though... these tablets dont have active cooling so they can get extremely hot very fast when playing video or gaming...

Shaunmt

ok so as long as i use the charger that came with it and watch the temp it should be ok. i do have a adapter that says it 5.0 to 5.5 v would this work to charge in car?

Comment

ok so as long as i use the charger that came with it and watch the temp it should be ok. i do have a adapter that says it 5.0 to 5.5 v would this work to charge in car?
                I doubt it.... check the amperage....

This tablet seems to be very picky about its power input... I suspect the software disables the charging circuit if the input is out of range.

Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

ok i will i was looking at the wall adapter its 5.0 v 1.5 amp so i will see if the one i have is 1.5 amp if so it should work theoretically, just looking for options for my daughter when we go on trips so we can charge it.

Comment

ok i will i was looking at the wall adapter its 5.0 v 1.5 amp so i will see if the one i have is 1.5 amp if so it should work theoretically, just looking for options for my daughter when we go on trips so we can charge it.
                    You might have luck finding some perfect matches for cheap on amazon... I havent looked for any for this model, but have gotten replacements for other models for under $10.

Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

You might have luck finding some perfect matches for cheap on amazon... I havent looked for any for this model, but have gotten replacements for other models for under $10.

i will check that is there any way to root this model so i can remove the built in apps i don't need or use.

Comment

i will check that is there any way to root this model so i can remove the built in apps i don't need or use.
                        Kingo root will work.

Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

yes thanks a bunch also since you own one these as well can i leave on all the time and charge like i do my cell phones.

Comment

yes thanks a bunch also since you own one these as well can i leave on all the time and charge like i do my cell phones.
                            Probably.... havent used mine that much yet though... might shorten your battery life (as with any battery device)... check to make sure it doesnt get hot just from being lwft plugged in.

Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Probably.... havent used mine that much yet though... might shorten your battery life (as with any battery device)... check to make sure it doesnt get hot just from being lwft plugged in.

cool thanks so much for all the help much more helpful then there support line

Comment

according to this page http://www.nextbookusa.com/productde...?product_id=19 we are suppose to be updated to 4.4.2 but the tablet keeps saying the current version is the latest version, has anyone dowloaded the image from the support page here. http://www.nextbookusa.com/download.php rhis is for the nextbook 8 model NX785QC8G

Comment

Working...
                                X