Help!mk809 with rk3188+rtl8723bs wifi&bt chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gigirock View Post
    I know... I'm not questioning on this... I'm trying to tell you that I don't see any difference between 1280x720 and 1920x1080... I have good eyes, I edit and shoot photos and HD video for years... Thank you.
    The 1080p screen image is smaller than 720p screen image. So when you select 1080p you need to stretch the screen image.

I've the same problem but it is not a big deal for me. The videos on netflix and youtube are in their native resolutions.

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
      Ok I've compiled tvbox & tvstick versions for both SD & HD here
      Thanks for your kernels.
      Could you also add lower frequencies please?
      If it is not a big problem for you.

Comment

I tried antutu with stock kernel scoring 18000 and something and all went fine. I tried antutu again with HD kernel and the system rebooted each time I started antutu (actually after 1-2 minutes). I went back to stock kernel and Antutu is always rebooting the system... I reinstalled again HD kernel... I'll test it for a while... Maybe I will start from a clean install...

Comment

Originally posted by jolund View Post
          The 1080p screen image is smaller than 720p screen image. So when you select 1080p you need to stretch the screen image.
          How can 1280x720 be smaller than 1920x1080? I'm sorry, I really don't get it...

I've the same problem but it is not a big deal for me. The videos on netflix and youtube are in their native resolutions.[/QUOTE]

I just tried youtube app but what I know being a 1080p video is showed to 720p of maximum resolution, but this can be just youtube app... In my S3 I have 720p display and youtube app has 720p limit. My LG Gtab 8.3 has 1920x1200 and youtube app allows until 1080p videos in the options...

Comment

Originally posted by gigirock View Post
            How can 1280x720 be smaller than 1920x1080? I'm sorry, I really don't get it...

I've the same problem but it is not a big deal for me. The videos on netflix and youtube are in their native resolutions.
            I just tried youtube app but what I know being a 1080p video is showed to 720p of maximum resolution, but this can be just youtube app... In my S3 I have 720p display and youtube app has 720p limit. My LG Gtab 8.3 has 1920x1200 and youtube app allows until 1080p videos in the options...[/QUOTE]

The 1080p screen is smaller than 720p, even if the resolution is higher. In fact, if you set 1080p there will be a black portion of the screen. So you need to stretch the image to fit the tv screen. Maybe because it is not a real fullhd. Hope that in new future releases it will be real fullhd.
            Last edited by jolund; 08-19-2014, 00:02.

Comment

Originally posted by jolund View Post
              I just tried youtube app but what I know being a 1080p video is showed to 720p of maximum resolution, but this can be just youtube app... In my S3 I have 720p display and youtube app has 720p limit. My LG Gtab 8.3 has 1920x1200 and youtube app allows until 1080p videos in the options...
              The 1080p screen is smaller than 720p, even if the resolution is higher. In fact, if you set 1080p there will be a black portion of the screen. So you need to stretch the image to fit the tv screen. Maybe because it is not a real fullhd. Hope that in new future releases it will be real fullhd.[/QUOTE]

I had to stretch the image too. If I set 720p I have to stretch it too... I hope too there will be real full hd, anyway, in the meanwhile, D33 thank you very much for your work.

Comment

Jolund the HD kernel has a 1920*1080 desktop. Whatever problems you have will not be fixed in kernel as it is not 'broken'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

I flash ubuntu on device, but recently not work.. i think same thing.. some solution for my problem?

Comment

D33, can I ask you please how to extract folders/files from a .img file like i.e. your kernels? I found various tools but none of them worked... Linux / Windows is the same. Thank you.

Comment

There are no folders / files it isn't an Iso

Donate to Finless

Comment

I have built a kernel for RTL8723BS (hopefully) with bluetooth support working.
                        How the hell did you do that !!

I try to build a linux kernel with this driver but no way to get it work..
                        The kernel 3.10 gave me black screen with both lcdc0 and 1
                        and I can't find a 3.0.36 kernel with the rtl8723bs driver.
                        I tried to backport it from the 3.10 but my knowledge in kernel programming is too short !

would you share sources ?
                        Or any help would be appreciated

Comment

I downloaded latest wifi from rockchip ftp

Donate to Finless

Comment

Thanks you d33,

for those interested : https://github.com/roondar/wiki-rock...aster/wifi.txt

Comment

There are no folders / files it isn't an Iso
                              I try to explain myself better and... Sorry for being off-topic... I am trying to follow this guide http://hwswbits.blogspot.it/2013/11/...tro-in-sd.html and would like to find the folders "modules" and "firmware" in order to have i.e. wifi working because the author wrote "you have to uncompress the modules+firmware file (that came with the kernel you flashed into your stick) into the "/mnt/whatever_folder/lib/" folder".
                              Thank you so much.

Comment

I just provide the kernel. The OS part is in System.img

Donate to Finless

Comment

Working...
                                X