Help!mk809 with rk3188+rtl8723bs wifi&bt chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys, I bought an MK809III but the wireless chip has been masked:

Now after some research, I feel that mine is the 8223bs. I am running the rk3188-eng 4.4.2 KOT49H eng.root.20140708.183130 test-keys image.

It is not clear to me if there is a better KitKat ROM for it? Can anyone help?

There was a post by d33 pointing to a file kernel_KK_4.2.5_RTL8723BS.zip. There are 3 kernel img files. Which I heard report that Wi-Fi works but not BT. But the kernels seems to be smaller than the stock kernel.img I backed up. Do I flash just the kernel.img over my stock image? Or do I need some other custom ROM?

There is also a post about rooting using vroot. The steps seems a little complex. While the stock firmware works quite well, I have trouble forcing the screen to rotate. Some custom firmware is able to do it and I don't know how to do it with stock firmware.
    Last edited by mongkok; 09-22-2014, 05:55.

Comment

RK3188-T with RTL8723bs - KitKat ROM needed

Hi everyone!

I've bought MK809III. During ROM changing I've discovered that my model is RK3188-T with RTL8723bs.
      Originally ROM was android 4.4 KitKat and works pretty well. Only loses connection with TV from time to time (hdmi signal lost). That's why I decided look for another ROM.

Unfortunately I haven't found anything better and of course I didn't make backup .
      Also any other KitKat ROM doesn't work.

update_tv03 8723 4.4 内置xbmc_2014.7.​8.rar

- big problem with start (freezes on boot screen)
      - If starts WIFI doesn't work (can't turn on), BT looks ok but can't find any devices.

update_8723 xbmc boot2.09_2014.4.22

- WIFI and BT OK, but usually freezes after few minutes

Only working ROM is from dump made by omerook.

But it is android 4.2.2. XBMC has problems with playing video smoothly in SD, HD is only worser. I had the same with another RK3188 device. Works well only with KitKat Android.

I can't load ROM from okerg. Every time I recived error during checking.

Any Idea where I can find working KitKat ROM ? Maybe someone can make dump of his KitKat ROM ?

I'm angry because as I wrote orginaly it worked quite fine. So I'm sure there is worknig Android KitKat for my device .

Thanks in advance
      Last edited by superlesio; 09-28-2014, 19:56.

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
        Full filename please

[EDIT: Okay - I need GPIOs from stock to get BT]

I've currently got it configured on 'standard' ports (power 3_D1, Wake 3_C7)
        d33, I see that you are still looking for the GPIO?

<4>[ 738.864604] GPIO gpio1 195 bt_default_rts
        <4>[ 738.866166] GPIO gpio3 278 bt_default_wake
        <4>[ 738.866188] GPIO gpio3 279 bt_default_wake_host
        <4>[ 738.866234] GPIO gpio3 281 bt_default_reset

Hope it helps.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
          Ok I've compiled tvbox & tvstick versions for both SD & HD here
          FWIW, I tried the 1080 TV Stick image from above and my WiFi and BT still works! But my stick was already rooted before flashing.

I used the RockChip flash tool v2.1. I have previously made a backup of my flash. I have the parameter file in the Output directory and I replaced the existing kernel.img and I flashed only the kernel.img. The new kernel.img is 10MB vs the stock one at 12MB. Am I doing it right?

The stick boots up as usual. I cannot tell any difference other than the About device now says the kernel is compiled by darrel on Aug 17 instead of root on Jul 8.

Comment

Strange. I pulled the source from d33's github and also extracted the .config from d33's kernel.img.

The good news is I can build a kernel.img and boot up on the first trial. The bad news is my BT will not turn on just like others reported. Flashing d33's kernel.img back confirmed that it is my kernel.img that is having problem. I have no ideas why.

Comment

HowTo?

Have the same device. Dowloaded d33 kernel for HD, flashed it to the kernel partition. But device is still booting original kernel. I think it is because boot parition should also be flashed with updated boot.img. But where to get it? Or what I'm doing wrong?

P.S. Googling for solution did not help...

Comment

I tested this kernel. WiFi is OK, but Bluetooth does not work. I can not switch ON
                Android TV Box direct from China. English & EspaƱol

Comment

Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
                  I tested this kernel. WiFi is OK, but Bluetooth does not work. I can not switch ON
                  I do not need bluetooth, I'm using wireless keyboard with USB-receiver. I need real full HD, that is why I want to flash this kernel. Could you please explain how did you boot it?

It seems my original boot.img is a special image with kernel and initrd inside, not just kernel loader.

Comment

Yes, but the ROM is incomplete without BT. Is it possible someone compile this kernel with the correct GPIOs? I think the ones provided by mongkok are right.
                    Android TV Box direct from China. English & EspaƱol

Comment

I also have this combo of hardware, but I cannot seem to get the stick working really well. Out of the box it worked ok, but HDMI flickered on and off every so often.

Since trying to get it working more smoothly I can either get a good picture but no WiFi, WiFi works but the screen flickers more badly or finally, no boot.

I have the RTL8232bs kernel and have tried it with NeoMod and SMiC ROM but it is stuck at the boot screen now.

Which combination of ROM and kernel should I use to get it up and running again? Which is the most stable combination?

Comment

I have flickering too but only over old plasma TV (2007.720p). Over newer plasma (2010.720p) the stick HDMI signal doesn't flicker. I have installed over pioneer Appradio3 and it doesn't flicker.

I think it is related with HDMI version. The 2010tv is HDMI 1.3 while probably the old one is HDMI 1.2

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by predshaw View Post
                          Hi gigirock,

You can root the stock 4.4 firmware using an app called vroot.

Parts of it are in Chinese but it works ok.
                          hello
                          I have a mk890iii with rtl8232bs and android 4.4.2.
                          Many applications have tried to root my device and this was the only one that worked wonderfully for me.
                          thank you so much

Comment

Originally posted by ikerg View Post
                            For anyone that wanted to try my stock kitkat ROM (rtl8723bs):

EDIT: and the missed parameter file:

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk
                            I have been trying to flash this, but it keeps telling me "Download File Failed" and "Run Failed" is this because the parameter file is a .txt and it is not supposed to be a .txt?

Comment

Root help

Originally posted by mak2 View Post
                              hello
                              I have a mk890iii with rtl8232bs and android 4.4.2.
                              Many applications have tried to root my device and this was the only one that worked wonderfully for me.
                              thank you so much
                              Hello mak2!

Could you tell me something trick to get root acces for my stick.
                              I tried almost everything.
                              Always when i connected my stick to my pc (win_xp_sp3) vroot or kingoroot say:Not connected.
                              I switched on usb debugging, but zero.
                              I cheked my pc and it sees the device. I hope because there is :
                              [IMG][/IMG]

For my sorrow no success.
                              What is the problem in this case do you think?
                              I can flash the rom but i can root this little guy.

I used these roms:

update_8723 xbmc boot2.09_2014.4.22.img
                              update_tv03 8723 4.4 内置xbmc_2014.7.8.img

but
                              ???

Comment

Hello !

My uploaded rom:

Code:
                                Code:
                                 https://mega.co.nz/#!hth2BaAY!UuTka3DpGNvVpUJ7F0tO4_J4sStB-jiWgbgk_Fyke-Q
                                Greetings!

Comment

Working...
                                X