Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kernel 8723

Originally posted by d33 View Post
    I have built a kernel for RTL8723BS (hopefully) with bluetooth support working.

Download

Kernels are 1920 res (HD) or 1280 (SD) and TVBOX supports typical BOX configuration using RK1000 (TV out / Audio codec) whilst TV Stick is simpler version for HDMI stick devices.
    Hi D33, new member here... I have installed the new stock 4.4 rom mentioned above and all went fine. I still haven't found a way to root this KK rom but I just learned how to use "upgrade_tool" and "rkflashkit" both on linux and flashed your kernel. Unfortunately wifi doesn't work and I still can't see a real 1080p. Anyway... Thank you very much for your efforts.

Comment

Root

Hi gigirock,

You can root the stock 4.4 firmware using an app called vroot.

Parts of it are in Chinese but it works ok.

Originally posted by gigirock View Post
      Hi D33, new member here... I have installed the new stock 4.4 rom mentioned above and all went fine. I still haven't found a way to root this KK rom but I just learned how to use "upgrade_tool" and "rkflashkit" both on linux and flashed your kernel. Unfortunately wifi doesn't work and I still can't see a real 1080p. Anyway... Thank you very much for your efforts.

Comment

Didint work

Originally posted by predshaw View Post
        Hi gigirock,

You can root the stock 4.4 firmware using an app called vroot.

Parts of it are in Chinese but it works ok.
        Hi,

I tried to use VROOT, but it doesn't work... It keep saying to connect my "phone"! Even with USB Debug enabled...

Comment

Help!mk809 with rk3188+rtl8723bs wifi&bt chip

It was reported working by another user. Can you provide DMESG?
          Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
          Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
          Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
          Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
          CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
          Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
          RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Did you go into the USB settings and click connect to pc?

Comment

Did you go into the USB settings and click connect to pc?
              No, I think I have to do like when flashing a new firmware. i'll try this when in home... Thanks a lot!

Comment

Unfortunately I haven't been able to root it , also with vroot... I'll try again... Moreover... I don't understand chinese...
                Last edited by gigirock; 08-15-2014, 20:12.

Comment

Root Succeded

Unfortunately I haven't been able to root it , also with vroot... I'll try again... Moreover... I don't understand chinese...
                  Finally I succeded. I went here http://vrootdownload.com/ and used the "english" version of vroot for windows and I got root. It rebooted my device one time and installed a chinese version of google play store (that I uninstalled). Then I downloaded and installed supersu from the play store which helped me to uninstall what I didn't need anymore and updated "su" from chinese to english (actually Italian).

Comment

Nice one, well done!

Whilst it is a stock rom I actually think it runs pretty well, and most importantly everything works!

Comment

Nice one, well done!

Whilst it is a stock rom I actually think it runs pretty well, and most importantly everything works!
                      It is indeed. When I took the antenna out of the chassis the wifi signal bumped to the max and when I started to use its power adapter (instead of the TV usb port) I did not have any reboot anymore. Actually my stick goes very well, fast, responsive, zero lags... I would try to use ART... Did anyone tried?
                      Anyway... D33, I will try again your kernel and try to post a dmesg of my boot...

Comment

... I deleted the file from my pc and your kernel in not downlodable anymore...

Comment

Help!mk809 with rk3188+rtl8723bs wifi&bt chip

... I deleted the file from my pc and your kernel in not downlodable anymore...
                          Download from first post of "Kitkat kernels for all" thread
                          Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                          Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                          Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                          Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                          CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                          Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                          RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Download from first post of "Kitkat kernels for all" thread
                            I am sorry... I really couldn't find it... I just found this one related to you and kitkat kernel: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...Kitkat+kernels

Comment

I am sorry... I really couldn't find it... I just found this one related to you and kitkat kernel: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...Kitkat+kernels
                              I found it!

Comment

I found it!
                                I have installed the one from the big zipped file (around 70 mb) and now wifi works. Bluetooth couldn't even start.
                                I don-t see any improvements in resolution and if I use the app Android Hardware Info it tells me that the "display" is 1280x720 @ 160 dpi......
                                DMESG and screenshot attached.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X