Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QUICKSHOT V3 by TheNitroTeam MINIX Neo X7.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jagman2020 View Post
    We have the mini
    Then that's your problem. This ROM is not for the mini. Incompatible.

Comment

mini

Originally posted by DeliriumNL View Post
      Then that's your problem. This ROM is not for the mini. Incompatible.
      Ohhh. Is there one due out? Do you know of a 4.4.2 rom for the mini? Everything else seems to work fine.

Comment

Odp: QUICKSHOT V3 by TheNitroTeam MINIX Neo X7.

Originally posted by jagman2020 View Post
        Ohhh. Is there one due out? Do you know of a 4.4.2 rom for the mini? Everything else seems to work fine.
        On 1 page before and few pages before was written that Nitro Team working on Quickshot v3 mini edition

Comment

Working well so far

Well, I bit the bullet and moved from good old Finless 1.8 to this Quickshot Version 3 today.
          So far very happy. It is certainly much peppier across the board, not glitchy when installing multiple apps from the play store at the same time. Boots quickly.
          I have not yet fully tested XBMC but I did open the app, click around, and exited and it was MUCH faster the the version that I had working previously on 1.8.
          Also have not yet tried running ART rather than Dalvik, but in time I might.
          Good job guys.

Oh the only issue I ran into was using the Quickshot installer for kernels. It would simply never find a package to update no matter where I put it (USB or SD or local quickshot folder as in the video). So I ended up copying my kernel ZIP file to the local /SDCard folder and rebooted, an I could see it update just fine.

- B

Comment

I had found that a little confusing..mainly because I don't read directions
            Are you sure you unzipped the quickflasher zip and put that in the quickflasher folder..and not the quickshot kernel?

Comment

I can certainly see people that are reading closely, getting confused with the update methods included... but either method is simple and both work well.

There is the Quickflasher method ( which was also included in QS2 ). You download the full kernel zip package, unzip them all... select the kernel you want from the provided ones given, place that quickflasher_zip file into the Quickflasher folder on the SDCard ( internal )... run Quickflasher and select the kernel

The other method is called the Quickshot method... It's about the same steps, download the complete set of kernels and unzip them. Then open the kernel folder you want that has an update.zip file in it... copy that to any of the SDCard ( internal or external ) root folder and reboot the device... it will recognise the update.zip file is there and install it... after rebooting... delete the file so it doesn't cause a bootloop reapplying the update again later.

Comment

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
                Perhaps you should watch the videos they posted in the 3rd post
                thanks for the pointer should have looked harder, now which do i use for xbmc. i know there is 1 preinstalled i want to use that but there is frodo ,gothom or something else i cannot remember what is there, there is 3 so which 1 do i use please. also i read here somewhere about adjusting the screen i have but when i turn it on again i have to set size thanks for any help.

just a new learning.

Comment

Thanks for the great rom.

One question/issue, voice search is not working. Appears not to be even an option when entering text box (google voice search appears not be installed). I'm using the A2 remote. I'm missing something, or is this not available feature?

Comment

Could not mount network drive (via Cifs manager)

Hi,
                    First of all, I'm very impressive for this v3 ROM (compare to v2) in term of its performance/speed.. Good work!.

However, not sure the cifs is still supported or not? as I trie to mount my network drive via cifs manager(I could do this in Quickshot v2 ROM)- I got "drive or resource is busy" error..

I've tried to download cifs.ko for kernel 3.0.36+ (for rk3188) e.g.

- but still could not ( when I tried to insmod /system/lib/modules/cifs.ko) - it reported "invalid argument"..

Any advice? or alternative to mount network share drive via this ROM? thank you.

regards,
                    p_tarsaku.
                    Last edited by p_tarsaku; 05-25-2014, 08:32. Reason: add link to Cifs manager

Comment

Re: QUICKSHOT V3 by TheNitroTeam MINIX Neo X7.

Originally posted by High_Yield View Post
                      Well, I bit the bullet and moved from good old Finless 1.8 to this Quickshot Version 3 today.
                      So far very happy. It is certainly much peppier across the board, not glitchy when installing multiple apps from the play store at the same time. Boots quickly.
                      I have not yet fully tested XBMC but I did open the app, click around, and exited and it was MUCH faster the the version that I had working previously on 1.8.
                      Also have not yet tried running ART rather than Dalvik, but in time I might.
                      Good job guys.

Oh the only issue I ran into was using the Quickshot installer for kernels. It would simply never find a package to update no matter where I put it (USB or SD or local quickshot folder as in the video). So I ended up copying my kernel ZIP file to the local /SDCard folder and rebooted, an I could see it update just fine.

- B
                      Art has tons of problems yet. I suggest dalvick.
                      For quickflasher or quickshot updates read 3 post carefully.

Originally posted by jackie999 View Post
                      I had found that a little confusing..mainly because I don't read directions
                      Are you sure you unzipped the quickflasher zip and put that in the quickflasher folder..and not the quickshot kernel?
                      +1

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
                      I can certainly see people that are reading closely, getting confused with the update methods included... but either method is simple and both work well.

There is the Quickflasher method ( which was also included in QS2 ). You download the full kernel zip package, unzip them all... select the kernel you want from the provided ones given, place that quickflasher_zip file into the Quickflasher folder on the SDCard ( internal )... run Quickflasher and select the kernel

The other method is called the Quickshot method... It's about the same steps, download the complete set of kernels and unzip them. Then open the kernel folder you want that has an update.zip file in it... copy that to any of the SDCard ( internal or external ) root folder and reboot the device... it will recognise the update.zip file is there and install it... after rebooting... delete the file so it doesn't cause a bootloop reapplying the update again later.
                      Thanks rdsok, really well explained!

Originally posted by seagate1 View Post
                      thanks for the pointer should have looked harder, now which do i use for xbmc. i know there is 1 preinstalled i want to use that but there is frodo ,gothom or something else i cannot remember what is there, there is 3 so which 1 do i use please. also i read here somewhere about adjusting the screen i have but when i turn it on again i have to set size thanks for any help.

just a new learning.
                      The scale problem is solved in the next ROM update 3.1. It will be released soon. In firsts post there is a link about how fix it in this version.

Originally posted by jwsmith View Post
                      Thanks for the great rom.

One question/issue, voice search is not working. Appears not to be even an option when entering text box (google voice search appears not be installed). I'm using the A2 remote. I'm missing something, or is this not available feature?
                      Google search was removed by default, install it from market.

Originally posted by p_tarsaku View Post
                      Hi,
                      First of all, I'm very impressive for this v3 ROM (compare to v2) in term of its performance/speed.. Good work!.

However, not sure the cifs is still supported or not? as I trie to mount my network drive via cifs manager(I could do this in Quickshot v2 ROM)- I got "drive or resource is busy" error..

I've tried to download cifs.ko for kernel 3.0.36+ (for rk3188) e.g.

- but still could not ( when I tried to insmod /system/lib/modules/cifs.ko) - it reported "invalid argument"..

Any advice? or alternative to mount network share drive via this ROM? thank you.

regards,
                      p_tarsaku.
                      Cifs support was added to the kernel, so no need to add any external modules.

sent by my phone.
                      enviado desde mi teléfono.

leolas
                      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                      My devices:
                      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                      Gearbest.com)
                      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Thank you for this great ROM guys.
                        My first attempt bricked my minix but I guess that's partly due to the fact QS2 ran very unstable on my machine. Now that I've reflashed the thing it works like a breeze!

One small question though, if I've flashed my minix from scratch do I still need to apply the quickshot update files?
                        Last edited by theezakje; 05-25-2014, 12:14.

Comment

Originally posted by theezakje View Post
                          One small question though, if I've flashed my minix from scratch do I still need to apply the quickshot update files?
                          Flashing completely erases all areas of the internal memory... if you applied some updates to fit your needs before, they will need to be re-applied after a re-flash since they would also have been erased when flashing.

Always disconnect any external sdcards or drives during a flash... They should not be affected but it is better to be safe than sorry.

Comment

Hi, I am using finless 1.8 since I bought this device. It's a great rom but a bit slow sometimes. Now I'm ready to go to qs3 or maybe kitkat 4.4.2 by Wasser. I'm using beyond xbmc. Which rom should I go for? Quickshot v3 or Kitkat 4.4.2 1.03 by Wasser. I'm really looking forward to hear from you all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hjhoekie View Post
                              Hi, I am using finless 1.8 since I bought this device. It's a great rom but a bit slow sometimes. Now I'm ready to go to qs3 or maybe kitkat 4.4.2 by Wasser. I'm using beyond xbmc. Which rom should I go for? Quickshot v3 or Kitkat 4.4.2 1.03 by Wasser. I'm really looking forward to hear from you all.
                              Beyond XBMC doesn't have hardware acceleration under any KitKat Rom... Flumpster will update it as soon as a new Gotham build/release works properly... Until then, you'd need to use a different XBMC such as the one included with QS3

Comment

New update released: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...Nitro-Team-TNT
                                Enjoy
                                REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                                My devices:
                                Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                                MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                                Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                                Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                                Gearbest.com)
                                MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                                Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                                Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Working...
                                X