No announcement yet.

Arnova 7bG2 Capacitive Finless Bob's "GingerComb" Custom ROM Version 2.1 BETA 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arnova 7bG2 Capacitive Finless Bob's "GingerComb" Custom ROM Version 2.1 BETA 3

UPDATE July 16, 2012.

It has come to my attention my BETA1 ROM was made from an older 7b G2 Capacitive ROM dump dated Sept 2011. Arnova has a newer ROM on thier web site dated Dec 2011. Some recent 7b G2's had sound issues with the older BETA 1 ROM.

So this is BETA test 3.
    It is created using the latest Arnova 7b G2 ROM from thier wbe site.
    BETA 3 also fixes the battery status icon or anywhere else the bettery percent is shown.

Below is the link for the new BETA 3 ROM. I am leaving the link for the BETA 1 ROM incase some have issues and need it.

Bob

OK folks.... with the success of the 7G2 2.1 Gingercomb ROM "BETA" test, I am now going into BETA TEST 1 for the Arnova 7bG2 "capacitive" Gingercomb 2.1 CWM.

THIS ONLY for the 7bG2 "Capacitive Scree" tablet!

This is a full 2.1 with ClockWork recovery, debloated, App Injector, etc!

THIS IS A BETA TEST!

I have tested this using my 10G2 kernel. It works as best I can test. I am unsure if the battery icon in the status bar will work. You all well let me know as I may have to tweak it.

PLEASE read the READ ME. You must reboot after first flash in the proper way. After reboot if you get a bunch of errors or force close issues, you rebooted too soon and will need to reflash again.

I have to say after doing the 7G2, the 7's are VERY PICKY about just doing a reset using the pin hole reset! Of course this is NEVER the proper way to shutdown a Android OS. So please be careful and let the system do all it needs to do before you hit that reset pin hole! I always wait for the system to go to sleep on it's own and then hit the reset.

So on with the BEAT testing

Below is my standard talk about 2.1 for all my ROMS.

__________________________________________________ ___________

PLEASE READ the README.TXT for instructions and what this ROM is about!

You can also read about it on the 10G2 here to learn more about it:
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ersion-2-1-CWM

REMEMBER! Just like most my ROMs that have major changes to it, ERASE IDB and FLASH THE LOADER! Do this before reporting any problems! You can have screwy things happen if you do NOT erase IDB. Loader is also very important!

Now this is a BETA TEST ROM! I cannot fully test everything! So you are CRASH TEST DUMMY'S

When reporting problems please try to be as detailed as possible! If there is no detail to your problem and the steps you took to make the issue happen, I cannot help much. So to help make this ROM better for everyone, please be a good tester and document the issue as best you can!

Also those that know how to use ADB or pull the logcat file, this will help a lot! So if you know how to do this when testing, please supply a logcat dump.

OK on with the ROM.
    Here is the download:

BETA 3 ROM using latest Arnova Stock ROM.

ROM -> Arnova 7bG2 Capacitive - "GingerComb" Finless 2.1 CWM - BETA 3 (205 megs)

BETA 1 ROM using an older Arnova Stock ROM.

ROM -> Arnova 7bG2 Capacitive - "GingerComb" Finless 2.1 CWM - BETA 1 (205 megs)

Enjoy and happy testing!
    Bob
    Last edited by Finless; 11-25-2012, 22:26.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Hey hellfoot? You not seeing this post or something?

Your ROM is ready for testing buddy and has been up for a while!

You posted all over the place today asking for it even after I had posted this as available HOURS ago!

Where you at my fine beta tester?

Bob

Comment

Hmmmm.... so one guy with a 7bG2 capacitive?

Come on... there has to be more people wanting to play?

Bob

Comment

yeah im so sorry about not noticing it...

hehehe...i will be injecting this new rom once i get a move on with this nasty cough of mine bob...having a hard time getting up..

once i inject it, i'll play with it the whole weekend and see what happens..this cough is really nasty man, i even have a vacation coming this weekend but this cough u , making it hard..lol

u'll hear replies soon from feedbacks of the rom bob..thanks for the great effort

hellfoot

Sent from my A70HT3 using Tapatalk

Comment

uhh bob, getting error message "File does not exist please contact the systems administrator" when trying to download it.

bob

Comment

Originally posted by hellfoot View Post
            uhh bob, getting error message "File does not exist please contact the systems administrator" when trying to download it.

bob
            Sorry Hellfoot

Just wait for Bob to come back on and fix the link

Sent from Xperia Mini Pro ~ Android 4.0.4 ICS
            Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
            <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
            <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
            <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
            https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
            </form>

Comment

Sorry, link is fixed. Had a typo in the file name... Sheesh thats twice I did that yesterday

Bob

Comment

Yeah i thought so...

well now i am trying to download it and see how it goes from there..maybe i will try a little bit at the moment coz i have a very bad fever..i actually when home early from work..but i was too excited trying this one even i have a very high fever..lol

might as well try to sleep first while downloading..ehehe..

and im excited how damo made the boot up screen this time as well..

hellfoot

Comment

i didnt think i am the only remaining guy here who has arnova 7bg2 capacitive device and excited about this new look...

nah...too bad for them!

hellfoot

Comment

hey bob,

managed to inject the new rom

just wondering how you exit or go back when an app goes full screen? i use the homescreen button when you pull the thing on the right where it has the homescreen icon, the left arrow icon, the app icon and the power icon...

should all those icons work or just the home icon? coz i tried to press them but the home icon only works..

hellfoot

Comment

hey bob,

managed to inject the new rom

just wondering how you exit or go back when an app goes full screen? i use the homescreen button when you pull the thing on the right where it has the homescreen icon, the left arrow icon, the app icon and the power icon...

should all those icons work or just the home icon? coz i tried to press them but the home icon only works..

hellfoot
                      Install button saviour from the market. When installed open it to allow super user user to allow.

Now look on the right hand side of your screen you will see a very small icon in the middle of the right edge. When in full screen on an app just press it and a line of icons will pop up. Home. Back etc. . Just press whatever button you need.

Thought that program was built in though so check your app draw first

Sent from Xperia Mini Pro ~ Ics Android 4.0.4
                      Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

<input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                      </form>

Comment

damo,

i think that is the icon i was pressing, the very little one and once i press it, 4 icons come up, home, back etc...

i actually am pressing the back button bu tit doesnt go back... only the home icon is working...its already pre-installed when i injected the new rom...

BTW nice boot screen,, i really love it..

hellfoot

Comment

Nice thing, i managed to make the button saviour work...its just that superuser didnt allow the app... So i just allowed the app then its working perfectly...let still play with it if there are still some issues..

Hellfoot

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Comment

Nice thing, i managed to make the button saviour work...its just that superuser didnt allow the app... So i just allowed the app then its working perfectly...let still play with it if there are still some issues..

Hellfoot

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
                            Thanks Hellfoot

You da man

</form>

Comment

I flashed the rom, everything works except sound. I flashed the rom twice, but the problem still exists!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X