No announcement yet.

Pipo M9 Max RileyROM 2.6 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for that but just sold the tablet for parts.
    Won't be needing it anymore.

Comment

Re: Pipo M9 Max RileyROM 2.6 KitKat

Originally posted by kandilak View Post
      You mean the one single img file repacked RileyRom 2.6.4 rom? Of course i can share it but i have to uploaded somewhere first.
      Yes, you must have a linux PC (i use Ubuntu 12.04)
      Maybe i can try to make an clone image file of my microSD and share this file instead but i am not sure if it works.
      No you will not be able to restore your internal nand flash system (i think). You will run 2.6.4 rom from sdcard, and i have to tell you that it runs really fast (if you use a high speed -10 class- microSD)
      Even if djuganight does not need the image anymore, I would be interested to try it out on my Pipo M9 Max 16GB with 2 NAND chips.

Thanks
      Darren

Comment

Hi!

I have a few questions... If i have flashed riley rom 2.6.2 and want to flash the latest riley 2.6.4 rom is it ok to just flash the rom it via the already installed flash tool... No need to install drivers etc again?

And do the proximity sensor work on riley rom? Beacuse mine don´t...

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenNewsgroup View Post
          Even if djuganight does not need the image anymore, I would be interested to try it out on my Pipo M9 Max 16GB with 2 NAND chips.

Thanks
          Darren
          I want to test something about cloning my image file to different microSD . Then i will share it .

Comment

I want to test something about cloning my image file to different microSD . Then i will share it .
            Thanks
            Darren

Comment

Originally posted by carlin View Post
              Hi!

I have a few questions... If i have flashed riley rom 2.6.2 and want to flash the latest riley 2.6.4 rom is it ok to just flash the rom it via the already installed flash tool... No need to install drivers etc again?

And do the proximity sensor work on riley rom? Beacuse mine don´t...
              Once you have the drivers installed, no need to change them. It's the same flash tool.

I'm not sure about the sensors.
              Randy
              Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
              Read my BIO Here
              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
              Donate here

Comment

Sensors should be working the very same way they work in stock ROM. I believe Riley has not changed anything in kernel and sensors.so in /etc/lib/hw/. So if proximity sensor does not appear to be working on Riley ROM, then it just does not work at all. (BTW I have not used it anyway, feel more comfortable adjusting brightness by myself).
                https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but11.gif

Comment

install from twrp?

Hello.

Since i have installed Rileyrom 2.53 my usb connection to the pc doesn't work anymore.
                  I have found out i have 2 nand chips so i should be able to install kitkat.
                  Can i do this from the internal memory with twrp?

Comment

cable

I found out i had to use yet another cable, now kitkat is installed, and so far seems to work well.

Comment

Is anyone else having problems with logging into the play store with this? I did a factory reset, wiped my hosts file and the other random fixes I stumbled across but I still get the 'can't establish reliable connection to server' message, I can sign in just fine with other devices on the same connection just not on this tablet :-/ I have even tried removing all Google services and installing the latest gapps but that doesn't work either :-/ don't suppose anyone has any ideas?
                      Besides that it's a great rom and much faster and smoother than any other rom right now :-)

Comment

Riley Rom 2.6.4 on a bootable microSD!!

OK, here is the files to make your bootable microSD with Riley Rom 2.6.4 and video guide on how to do it.
                        The parameter file configuration is for 6GB internal memory.
                        This is a clone image of a 8GB microSD with RR2.6.4. You can use any 16 or 32GB microSD and maybe some 8GB cards. I use Mini tool partition wizard to resize the fat32 partition to fill up the unallocated space remaining on 16 or 32 GB card.
                        For better perfomance use a fast 10 class or better microSD.

Download

Video guide

Close your PiPo M9, put your bootable microSD in TF card slot and push the power buttton.

Credits:
                        linuxium for this
                        SergioPoverony for his RK3xxx firmware tool
                        rrileypm for his 2.6.4 Rom
                        Last edited by kandilak; 12-20-2014, 13:58.

Comment

OK, here is the files to make your bootable microSD with Riley Rom 2.6.4 and video guide on how to do it.
                          The parameter file configuration is for 6GB internal memory.
                          This is a clone image of a 8GB microSD with RR2.6.4. You can use any 16 or 32GB microSD and maybe some 8GB cards. I use Mini tool partition wizard to resize the fat32 partition to fill up the unallocated space remaining on 16 or 32 GB card.
                          For better perfomance use a fast 10 class or better microSD.

Download

Video guide

Close your PiPo M9, put your bootable microSD in TF card slot and push the power buttton.

Credits:
                          linuxium for this
                          SergioPoverony for his RK3xxx firmware tool
                          rrileypm for his 2.6.4 Rom
                          I tried this on a 16GB (class 10) and 8GB (class 4) sticks. On first boot it said anxious was upgrading 2 apps, then starting apps, then it said acore had stopped working. On the 16GB I could not click OK on the acore message so pressed the RESET and now it is continually stuck on the boot animation. Taking out the stick and rebooting into normal NAND, shutting down, reinserting the stick, it booted again properly. It did hang though when I tried to open at the lock screen. With the 8GB stick I got all the way to the acore message but this time I could click OK. I then turned the tablet off by holding the power button and selecting "Power off". On rebooting the tablet it came up at the normal home screen but was running really slowly (class 4). When I tried to sir down a second time it seemed to hang (over 2 minutes) so I pressed the RESET.

I am not sure my 2 SD card are that good. I am going to try my SanDisk Ultra 32GB another day to see if it is any better.

Would it be possible to resize the final partition so that the whole image is 7.5GB so it fits ALL 8GB sticks. Then we could resize with mini tool. My 8GB stick was slightly smaller so the image gave a wrong spare capacity. In the end I copied onto my 16GB, resized with mini tool to 7.5GB, then copied it (using Terabyte Image For Windows), resized back to the full 16GB, then inserted my 8GB, restored the 7.5GB image with image for Windows, resized with mini tool. Others might not have backup programs other than the freeware mini tool.

Darren

Comment

I tried this on a 16GB (class 10) and 8GB (class 4) sticks. On first boot it said anxious was upgrading 2 apps, then starting apps, then it said acore had stopped working. On the 16GB I could not click OK on the acore message so pressed the RESET and now it is continually stuck on the boot animation. Taking out the stick and rebooting into normal NAND, shutting down, reinserting the stick, it booted again properly. It did hang though when I tried to open at the lock screen. With the 8GB stick I got all the way to the acore message but this time I could click OK. I then turned the tablet off by holding the power button and selecting "Power off". On rebooting the tablet it came up at the normal home screen but was running really slowly (class 4). When I tried to sir down a second time it seemed to hang (over 2 minutes) so I pressed the RESET.

I am not sure my 2 SD card are that good. I am going to try my SanDisk Ultra 32GB another day to see if it is any better.

Would it be possible to resize the final partition so that the whole image is 7.5GB so it fits ALL 8GB sticks. Then we could resize with mini tool. My 8GB stick was slightly smaller so the image gave a wrong spare capacity. In the end I copied onto my 16GB, resized with mini tool to 7.5GB, then copied it (using Terabyte Image For Windows), resized back to the full 16GB, then inserted my 8GB, restored the 7.5GB image with image for Windows, resized with mini tool. Others might not have backup programs other than the freeware mini tool.

Darren
                            This is a disk image , not a partition image. How can i resize a disk? I made this on a 8GB card so it can fit on all 16GB cards. I can make a 4GB image (if i can find one) with 2GB parameter file rom to fit on all 8GB cards but i think that isn't worth.

I have same behavior with my cheap 10 class 16GB card but not with my Samsung UHS-1 32GB card. On first boot i had the acore had stopped working message and one about deskclock but thats all.

Edit: Now i undestand what you did to resize image (my english isn't that good). I will give a try to make this slightly smaller than 8GB. But is it worth?

Comment

This is a disk image , not a partition image. How can i resize a disk? I made this on a 8GB card so it can fit on all 16GB cards. I can make a 4GB image (if i can find one) with 2GB parameter file rom to fit on all 8GB cards but i think that isn't worth.

I have same behavior with my cheap 10 class 16GB card but not with my Samsung UHS-1 32GB card. On first boot i had the acore had stopped working message and one about deskclock but thats all.

Edit: Now i undestand what you did to resize image (my english isn't that good). I will give a try to make this slightly smaller than 8GB. But is it worth?
                              Well I tried with my 32GB SanDisk and it is quite responsive now. I had the acore error and am having a few other issues with doing a factory reset and other bits. However it certainly works. I now have the problem of deciding whether to give my wife my 32GB card and I get a 64GB or just get her a 16GB card (SanDisk Ultra).

Many thanks for posting this ROM on SD card.

Darren

Comment

Well I tried with my 32GB SanDisk and it is quite responsive now. I had the acore error and am having a few other issues with doing a factory reset and other bits. However it certainly works. I now have the problem of deciding whether to give my wife my 32GB card and I get a 64GB or just get her a 16GB card (SanDisk Ultra).

Many thanks for posting this ROM on SD card.

Darren
                                To do a factory reset , you have to delete the 6GB partition and recreate one EXT4 partition with the same size (6GB). I just test it with minitool partition wizard.

Comment

Working...
                                X