Pipo M9 Max RileyROM 2.6 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Nordo,

I flashed both RileyRom and then the Pipo rom Anna pointed to (which is in Chinese by the way, although it says English in the link) with no difference. After flash the screen just starts to change by itself as before.
    Its got to be hardware then.
    I reported the result to Anna

Originally posted by Nordo View Post
    Anna's first email to me asked for a photo of the M/B and she suggested to update with the same ROM that she suggested to you.
    So far I haven't updated the ROM as, like you, it feels like a backwards step. Also the tablet has had the same Riley ROM without problems for nearly a year.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnB View Post
      @Nordo,

I flashed both RileyRom and then the Pipo rom Anna pointed to (which is in Chinese by the way, although it says English in the link) with no difference. After flash the screen just starts to change by itself as before.
      Its got to be hardware then.
      I reported the result to Anna
      I didn't think the software would make any difference. My last email from Anna (and my reply) was on 20th Oct.
      The tablet still sitting on the table in pieces, hopefully waiting for her solution.

Comment

I didn't think the software would make any difference. My last email from Anna (and my reply) was on 20th Oct. The tablet still sitting on the table in pieces, hopefully waiting for her solution.
        So I opened the tablet up and started it with the back off. The screen worked normally for about 10 mins, yay!, then the top fifth of the screen stopped responding. Thats ok, could rotate the screen to get to menus. Just got the tab set back up with email etc, hopeing to get kudos from the G/F, when blam, a host of touch inputs started appearing on the screen (i had turned on "show touchscreen inputs" in Debug) and the whole thing went mad again. Game over?

Comment

So I opened the tablet up and started it with the back off. The screen worked normally for about 10 mins, yay!, then the top fifth of the screen stopped responding. Thats ok, could rotate the screen to get to menus. Just got the tab set back up with email etc, hopeing to get kudos from the G/F, when blam, a host of touch inputs started appearing on the screen (i had turned on "show touchscreen inputs" in Debug) and the whole thing went mad again. Game over?
          It sounds like you have some contact problems in the digitizer or screen connectors. Try to detach and attach them a few times, and if you have some electrical contact cleaner spray try it also.

Comment

Originally posted by jsaily View Post
            It sounds like you have some contact problems in the digitizer or screen connectors. Try to detach and attach them a few times, and if you have some electrical contact cleaner spray try it also.
            I ran the tab for 3 or 4 hours with the back off today with no screen trouble, but 30 minutes after replacing it, the spurious inputs returned and made it unusable
            jsaily, thanks i checked the connectors - all tight.
            Nordo, will you try yours with the back off?

Comment

I ran the tab for 3 or 4 hours with the back off today with no screen trouble, but 30 minutes after replacing it, the spurious inputs returned and made it unusable
              jsaily, thanks i checked the connectors - all tight.
              Nordo, will you try yours with the back off?
              Just going to bed.
              Will check tomorrow and let you know.
              Still haven't heard back from Anna. Might give her a prompt tomorrow.

Comment

Just going to bed.
                Will check tomorrow and let you know.
                Still haven't heard back from Anna. Might give her a prompt tomorrow.
                Tablet works fine all day with back not fitted tight, but when it is snapped back into place after 20 mins or so it goes mad, with many ghost touches all over screen continuously.
                Overheating? Static buildup? Interesting but most annoying.
                RileyRom running smooth and steady, of course. Thanks Riley

Comment

I had the same problem with an iFive tablet I had to remove the back from.

When I put the tablet back together, there was a light leak around the display and flicker.

The way I solved it was to replace the heat sync tape over the CPU, and firmly press the back back on...putting the tablet face down on a cloth and applying pressure to all areas of the back panel. Eventually, the leak cleared up and the flicker went away.
                  Randy
                  Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                  Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                    I had the same problem with an iFive tablet I had to remove the back from.

When I put the tablet back together, there was a light leak around the display and flicker.

The way I solved it was to replace the heat sync tape over the CPU, and firmly press the back back on...putting the tablet face down on a cloth and applying pressure to all areas of the back panel. Eventually, the leak cleared up and the flicker went away.
                    Pipos have a lot of internal tape. I assumed it was all just to hold things in place. I have replaced a lot of it with similar tape I had around the house.

Should I be using something special when replacing this tape?

PS Just sent a reminder email to Anna.

Comment

Got an email from Anna today, she says to send it back to China for repair.
                      I probably shall.
                      Thanks Riley, Thanks Nordo

Comment

Hopefully, shipping charges from "earth" to China won't be too expensive.

How about posting at least your country...I like to see where people are from.
                        Randy
                        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                        Donate here

Comment

Yes Riley, profile updated.
                          Post is 30euros for 1kg registered parcel via our postal system. I shall try couriers tomorrow.
                          Will see what Anna says, she requested the serial number, which i have just sent. This identical tablet bought on the same day is still going great with your 2.1 ROM.
                          I flashed the G/F's bricked samsung galaxy with full success, so she is smiling again even tho i cant fix the pipo!
                          Regards,
                          John

Comment

Good luck with the postage.
                            I still haven't heard back from Anna.

Comment

So, I bought a week ago an M9 Max and I am checking whether I can flash it with Rileys ROM. I used AndroidTool to check whether I have 1 or 2 NANDs. It looks like I have 2, but the manufacturer is HYNIX, which I have not seen before in this discussion. Only Toshiba and Micron. You think I am still OK to flash?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by iev View Post
                                So, I bought a week ago an M9 Max and I am checking whether I can flash it with Rileys ROM. I used AndroidTool to check whether I have 1 or 2 NANDs. It looks like I have 2, but the manufacturer is HYNIX, which I have not seen before in this discussion. Only Toshiba and Micron. You think I am still OK to flash?
                                I think you would be fine.
                                The important thing is that you have two NAND chips.

Comment

Working...
                                X