Pipo M9 Max RileyROM 2.6 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An update to my touch screen problem.

Anna Ye finally has asked me to send the Pipo in for repairs.
    The tablet has been sitting with the back off all this time.
    I stuck everything down with tape again and put the back cover on.
    Now nothing comes on the screen when I start it up.

I flashed the tablet with the software Anna recommended (english version, dated 20140213), but still had a blank screen.

Anyway, that's how I will send it back to Pipo.
    I will let you know what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Nordo View Post
      I think you would be fine.
      The important thing is that you have two NAND chips.
      Just wanted to inform everyone that the flash was a success! First impressions of the new ROM are very good :-)

Thanks to Riley for providing the ROM and the detailed instructions for flashing, as well as for the discussion in this thread that helped me make the whole procedure correctly.

Comment

Your help guys ,i changed my broken touch screen in pipo m9 with a new one from banggood http://www.banggood.com/Outer-LCD-Display-Screen... and now my touch screen is vertical inverted ( x-axis) when i press point on the right is responding point on the left and vice versa ..., i pluged a usb mouse to work...,all the functions are working perfect ,i'm with RileyRom 2.6.4
        Last edited by tpapo; 12-04-2014, 17:03.

Comment

This is my reversed touchscreen (y axis) kernel. Only for KitKat https://www.dropbox.com/s/m454zcr3a6...165-528_kk.zip
          It has DDR 528mhz clock, may be buggy on some particular devices. Give it a try.
          https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but11.gif

Comment

Originally posted by dnkn View Post
            This is my reversed touchscreen (y axis) kernel. Only for KitKat https://www.dropbox.com/s/m454zcr3a6...165-528_kk.zip
            It has DDR 528mhz clock, may be buggy on some particular devices. Give it a try.
            So i will reflash rr 2.6.4 with your kernel.img ,right ?I spent 53usd to buy a new digitizer to fix my fav tablet but now i think it's not worth it if you could send me fix and for the x-axis because i think this is the issue and not the y-axis ( when i touch right part of the screen ,left part is responding..) THANKS AGAIN
            Last edited by tpapo; 11-29-2014, 10:32.

Comment

Y axis is ok? With stock kernel. I am able but not now. Give me some time. My PC setup is being reworked.

Comment

Y axis is ok? With stock kernel. I am able but not now. Give me some time. My PC setup is being reworked.
                Yes finally the x-axis is the problem ,when you said "stock kernel" you mean to flash the older pipo m9 rom (4.2.2) ? i'm afraid to do this cause to brick my tablet i'm in RileyRom 2.6.4 now ..

Comment

You don't have to flash the whole ROM, just the kernel.img. but KitKat kernel will not work for jb ROM and vise versa.

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                    Warning!!!!!!!!!!!!

This ROM is only for the M9 tablets with 2 NAND chips installed. Don't ask me how you can tell...outside of opening the case to look. Therefore I would not advise flashing this ROM if you don't know. Doing so WILL BRICK YOUR TABLET!!!!!!!! I'm trying to get more information. Rather than taking the link down, I'm leaving it up for those of you who have a tablet it will work on.

If you brick your tablet read this thread:

This is the first KitKat ROM for the M9 Max. NOT M9 PRO!!!!!!

If you don't have experience flashing KitKat ROM's, then you MUST read the stickies in the main Pipo Forum.

This ROM is based on official Pipo firmware dated 6/5/2014.

The ROM is:

Rooted
                    Debloated
                    Init.d/Busybox support added
                    Autoinstall added
                    New boot animation
                    1, 2, 4, 6, 8 or 12gb user app space (4gb is the default)
                    TWRP Recovery by Abdul_Pt (installed on first boot with autoinstall)
                    Google Play Store fixes

The usual RileyROM stuff!!!!!!

Enjoy!!!!!

Edit: This is now v2.6.4 with Exchange Server fixes, extra keyboard layouts, and the nls_ut8.ko module added...plus a fix for the download manager app. v2.6.4 also includes embedded activation of multi-user without having to run Xposed Framework.

Download

Please consider a donation!!!!! It's new tablet season, and I'm trying to keep my testing equipment up to date.
                    i've downloaded, thanks

Comment

You don't have to flash the whole ROM, just the kernel.img. but KitKat kernel will not work for jb ROM and vise versa.
                      i don't want donwgrade to stock 4.2.2 ,i'd like to stay in Riley 2.6.4 Rom which is perfect for pipo m9 ,thats why i'm looking for custom kernel (kit kat) or any other solution to solve my inverted x-axis issue. But i'm wondering this issue( inverted x,y -axis in touch ) appears in people who have installed custom rom only ?? because i asked a lot who have changed touch screen digitizer with no problem in stock rom

Comment

M9 Max 3G trouble starting

Hi,

I have recently put RileyROM 2.6.4 KitKat onto my wife's M9 Max 3G. Everything went smoothly, it runs great. It's fast, runs everything (so far) installed on it. But (there's always a but, isn't there?), it won't start up after being turned off.

My wife likes to turn off her tablet at the end of the day. But it won't start up properly the next morning. After several minutes fiddling with it (pressing buttons, pressing reset etc) it will eventually come on. It can take up to 20 minutes coaxing it to start.

Once it has booted up, it runs perfectly.

I have tried reverting back to Jellybean and the problem disappears (following the correct procedure).

We are trying KitKat again, but the problem returns. I believe that I have followed the correct method of installing KitKat, erasing nand, unmounting the external sd.

One other thing I have noticed is when it is shut down, if it is rebooted within ten minutes or so, it will start normally. It seems that an extended length of time causes the problem. At first I thought it may actually be a physical cause like a dodgy power button, but then I found that going back to Jellybean solves it, so it can't be that.

I really hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

A short review with touch screen digitizer issue ( inverted x-axis)
                          i tried all the stock firmware from pipo down to 4.2.2( 4-5 versions 3G & NO_3G) ,with no result ,after communication i had with anna from pipo service,she said me to solder 2 resistors 10KOhms in back of main board to solve my issue ( see attched pic)
                          It was very difficult job for me because the soldering points are too small ,finally i did it but no result again ,Anna said me to use only smd resistors and not the common resistors i used.. i give it up for now ...

Is anybody who tried and succeded with this solution with resistors ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h6lrpcux40i6qq6/IMG_03122014_202814.jpg?dl=0

Last edited by tpapo; 12-04-2014, 17:06.

Comment

I manage to make a bootable RileyRom.2.6.4 microSD card.
                            I used Rk3xxx Firmware tools to unpack the update.img from this post , and replace parameter, boot.img, kernel.img, misc.img, recovery.img, system.img files with those in RileyRom 2.6.4 and repack it again.
                            Then i used the newly created firmware.img and this tool to create my bootable 32GB microSD with Riley 2.6.4 rom.
                            I test it and it works . It wasn't a realy easy work for someone linux noob person like me but i made it.
                            So if your M9 have the nand chip compatibility problem with 2.6.4 rom or your Μ9 nandflash is dead , maybe worth to try this solution.
                            Just have in mind to use a high speed (10 class) microSD card.
                            Last edited by kandilak; 12-11-2014, 13:30.

Comment

Originally posted by kandilak View Post
                              I manage to make a bootable RileyRom.2.6.4 microSD card.
                              I used Rk3xxx Firmware tools to unpack the update.img from this post , and replace parameter, boot.img, kernel.img, misc.img, recovery.img, system.img files with those in RileyRom 2.6.4 and repack it again.
                              Then i used the newly created firmware.img and this tool to create my bootable 32GB microSD with Riley 2.6.4 rom.
                              I test it and it works . It wasn't a realy easy work for someone linux noob person like me but i made it.
                              So if your M9 have the nand chip compatibility problem with 2.6.4 rom or your Μ9 nandflash is dead , maybe worth to try this solution.
                              Just have in mind to use a high speed (10 class) microSD card.
                              Can you share the output file?

Also, what do I have to do exactly?
                              I must have a Linux PC?
                              My tablet is completly dead and don't even turn on!

The tablet is suposed to boot from an SD card is that it?
                              And after that I do we restore the system again on the tablet?

Comment

Originally posted by Djuganight View Post
                                Can you share the output file?

Also, what do I have to do exactly?
                                I must have a Linux PC?
                                My tablet is completly dead and don't even turn on!

The tablet is suposed to boot from an SD card is that it?
                                And after that I do we restore the system again on the tablet?
                                You mean the one single img file repacked RileyRom 2.6.4 rom? Of course i can share it but i have to uploaded somewhere first.
                                Yes, you must have a linux PC (i use Ubuntu 12.04)
                                Maybe i can try to make an clone image file of my microSD and share this file instead but i am not sure if it works.
                                No you will not be able to restore your internal nand flash system (i think). You will run 2.6.4 rom from sdcard, and i have to tell you that it runs really fast (if you use a high speed -10 class- microSD)

Comment

Working...
                                X