Pipo M9 Max RileyROM 2.6 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User switch

Is it possible to add feature for fast switching between user profiles ?
    By pressing power button as usual.

Comment

As far as I know the only way to switch is to press power to get into standby mode then power again and switch from the lock screen. But you must activate the lock screen for it to work.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

After installing xposed.installer and MultiUserXposed it is possible to do

Comment

The new version does away with the need to run the Xposed module.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Flashing screen

@Nordo,did you get a fix for yourscreen? My girlfriends Pipo has the same trouble, screen changing all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnB View Post
              @Nordo,did you get a fix for yourscreen? My girlfriends Pipo has the same trouble, screen changing all the time.
              Hi
              I still have the tablet with the back off. I sent an email to Anna Ye (pipo). She has sent me a couple of emails requesting photos of the motherboard and other bits. I have sent her everything she has asked for (last correspondence was 3 days ago). I am hoping she will come up with an easy fix. I told her I was capable of repairs such as soldering, etc.

Anna worries me a bit at times.
              She asked what the two sets of red and white wires were in one of my photos. They were the standard speaker wires that every Pipo has.

In the meantime my wife has spat the dummy and gone out and bought herself Galaxy Tab 4 for $298 AUD. It's wifi only, same as her Pipo. At least it's got her off my back!!

Comment

wifi fix

I ask a question, about (WiFi) here, It was the differents between, max9 and SGT 3, well I have answered it myself. What I did was open up my tab and put some tape over the two wire's that connect the WiFi and believe me it work's really well. This tabs WiFi works as good as sgt3, I get a full/ all the bars are lit up and I'm in the same place.

Comment

@Nordo

Thanks for your reply Nordo.
                  I have 2 pipo m9 maxs bought at the same time, and only one has the problem.
                  I will email Anna Ye to let her know that it is not just your tablet that is affected. I was going to reflash the affected tablet, but may wait until advice comes from pipo.
                  The unaffected tablet has a Riley Rom on it that i flashed maybe 9 months ago, and hasn't given trouble yet. The one with the problem has the original rooted rom. Don't know if this has any bearing - it feels more like a touchscreen problem.
                  The wiring thing is concerning! Don't cut the Red wire!!!
                  How is the Galaxy?
                  John

Originally posted by Nordo View Post
                  Hi
                  I still have the tablet with the back off. I sent an email to Anna Ye (pipo). She has sent me a couple of emails requesting photos of the motherboard and other bits. I have sent her everything she has asked for (last correspondence was 3 days ago). I am hoping she will come up with an easy fix. I told her I was capable of repairs such as soldering, etc.

Anna worries me a bit at times.
                  She asked what the two sets of red and white wires were in one of my photos. They were the standard speaker wires that every Pipo has.

In the meantime my wife has spat the dummy and gone out and bought herself Galaxy Tab 4 for $298 AUD. It's wifi only, same as her Pipo. At least it's got her off my back!!

Comment

Thanks for your reply Nordo.
                    I have 2 pipo m9 maxs bought at the same time, and only one has the problem.
                    I will email Anna Ye to let her know that it is not just your tablet that is affected. I was going to reflash the affected tablet, but may wait until advice comes from pipo.
                    The unaffected tablet has a Riley Rom on it that i flashed maybe 9 months ago, and hasn't given trouble yet. The one with the problem has the original rooted rom. Don't know if this has any bearing - it feels more like a touchscreen problem.
                    The wiring thing is concerning! Don't cut the Red wire!!!
                    How is the Galaxy?
                    John
                    Still haven't heard any more from Anna.
                    I have a Pipo M9 Pro and the M9Max is my wife's. They both have Riley ROMs on them.
                    I have no idea how the Galaxy is.
                    I connected it to our router, and that's the one and only time I was allowed to touch it!!!
                    Still, it keeps her quiet, so it must be doing something right.

Comment

Most recent version

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                      The new version does away with the need to run the Xposed module.
                      Your most recent version is still labeled 2.6.3 NOT 2.6.4. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong.Also, can't find multi window function. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Don't worry. If you have flashed the ROM in the v2.6.4 zip file, you are flashing the latest ROM. This was such a small change, I didn't make a new boot animation or edit the build.prop (I forgot to do that)...but the difference is that you can use multi-user without having to use Xposed Framework. That's the only change I made. It's a small edit to the framework.jar file...everything else is identical to v2.6.3.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                          Don't worry. If you have flashed the ROM in the v2.6.4 zip file, you are flashing the latest ROM. This was such a small change, I didn't make a new boot animation or edit the build.prop (I forgot to do that)...but the difference is that you can use multi-user without having to use Xposed Framework. That's the only change I made. It's a small edit to the framework.jar file...everything else is identical to v2.6.3.
                          Thanks for quick reply. Silly question, but how do I activate multi window without xposed installer?

Comment

That, I haven't figured out yet.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Flash

Anna tells me to flash with update#117_M9_DS1006_PIPO_1.0.13_3G_NOMMS_20140213 .img from the pipo website. Surely RileyRom would be better? What do you say Riley?

Originally posted by Nordo View Post
                              Still haven't heard any more from Anna.
                              I have a Pipo M9 Pro and the M9Max is my wife's. They both have Riley ROMs on them.
                              I have no idea how the Galaxy is.
                              I connected it to our router, and that's the one and only time I was allowed to touch it!!!
                              Still, it keeps her quiet, so it must be doing something right.

Comment

Anna tells me to flash with update#117_M9_DS1006_PIPO_1.0.13_3G_NOMMS_20140213 .img from the pipo website. Surely RileyRom would be better? What do you say Riley?
                                Anna's first email to me asked for a photo of the M/B and she suggested to update with the same ROM that she suggested to you.
                                So far I haven't updated the ROM as, like you, it feels like a backwards step. Also the tablet has had the same Riley ROM without problems for nearly a year.

Comment

Working...
                                X