Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pipo M9 Max RileyROM 2.6 KitKat

Originally posted by papamopps View Post
    So am I right.... There is NO kitkat version for 16GB M9??

Thanks.

And there will be no further support from Pipo for the M9?
    Mine is a 16GB M9 Max and I am on 2.6.3

Others think it is the single NAND tablets that don't work, but Dnkn has a working version for them. It isn't as good but it is kitkat

Comment

Still getting play services stopped responding.

Also my Sumivsion is 32GB, so hoping new version which'll use the full amount. Only have 10GB user space.

Comment

So I checked by opening...I have 16GB 2NAND Version

I also checked with advanced by romdumper... I got Flash 8GB CS0 CS2 - so also 2NAND

so I can flash this rom - i hope!!

Will try when fully charged!

Comment

single chip

any news about the single chip version?

Comment

All of the discussion for that version is in this thread:

Randy
            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
              All of the discussion for that version is in this thread:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...by-official-fw
              Sorry...

I am just a luvky guy...i have two nands.

Great Rom and great work again!!

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                Here is v2.6.3.
                Randy, where did you find these modules:

\System\lib\modules\cifs.ko
                \System\lib\modules\md4.ko
                \System\lib\modules\nls_utf8.ko
                ?

in official firmware (update_DS1006_4.4_20140604.rar) they are absent
                Last edited by mdvv; 08-12-2014, 18:18.

Comment

Like I said in my PM:

I've accumulated these modules from other Freaktab developers as I've needed them to fulfill requests.

Unfortunately, they aren't compatible with MTK and 3288 ROM's I'm making these days. So, I'm searching again for new modules.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                  Donate here

Comment

Those modules should be built for particular kernel and using proper sources, sources for 3288 are available (for chromium, but it does not make any difference in this case) as for mtk, i do not know if any modern mtk kernel's sources are public. There were some for 6577 and 6589 socs, but i guess you are working with 6592? This is offtopic in this thread
                    https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but11.gif

Comment

Yes, but otherwise...you wouldn't have read it...hahahaha!!!!!!!

Good to hear from you DNKN!!!!!!
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

SD card write access

Hi,
                        i flashed my tablet with this rom and its great, working very well but 2 things i have noticed that i cant write to my SD card i can read files from it but i cant create new folder in it or even transfer app to it.i can write files if i connect it through USB cable. i tried different file managers from app store but nothing works. and second with my original firmware 4.2.2 flash player was pre installed, but i tried to install flash in this rom it installs but when i run flash test it shows no flash installed.. i downloaded flash from adobe archive even some custom ones from different users on forums..any ideas how to fix this it will be a great help.
                        thanks.

Comment

I may have an SD fix I can post when I can get to my laptop to refresh my memory.

Even though the flash player app is there...it doesn't play well with KitKat. There are browsers that can play flash sites...Dolphin and Puffin. You can try one of them...or both.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply...i will try other browsers. i tried kastys rom today but liked yours better so i switched back..
                            thanks again for the great Rom.

Comment

OK, here is something to try to fix the SD card save problem.

With a rooted file explorer app, (I use Xplore)...make sure you have it set for superuser permissions.

Browse to system/etc/permissions and edit platform.xml

Scroll down until you see the see this line:

<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
                              <group gid="sdcard_r" />
                              <group gid="sdcard_rw" />
                              <group gid="media_rw" />
                              </permission>

Add the line in red...save and reboot.

See if that works.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

hello im a noob, i have install your room with the modification for 1 nand chip, and it works, but the root is not working, it ask me the binarys.
                                How can i root this 4.4??

Comment

Working...
                                X