Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fztt View Post
    Update:

Seems like both of mine have Toshiba 8gb nand chips while yours have Micron 8gb chips, if the info is correct, however, my last row is 0 2 instead of 0 1.

Now if any member here with confirmed single nand chip M9 can test this out & post the results, we can have confirmation for those who do not wish to open their tablet casings...
    From the screenshot you've posted, your device looks identical to mine (purchased June 2013).

So should mine be OK to proceed, then?

Comment

Well, further to my post above, I have just flashed the latest RileyRom 2.6.2 to the tablet I mentioned above (with the Toshiba chips in) and at the moment it seems to be working a treat!

Thanks, Riley!

Comment

Originally posted by seno1963 View Post
        Thank you all for the help

problem solved
        Glad it worked out for you,hopefully Pipo releases a compatible firmware soon.

Comment

Originally posted by williamh120 View Post
          Well, further to my post above, I have just flashed the latest RileyRom 2.6.2 to the tablet I mentioned above (with the Toshiba chips in) and at the moment it seems to be working a treat!

Thanks, Riley!
          Yup! Looks like those who don't want to open their casings can compare the details here even if we can't confirm whether it specifies the number of nand chips...

Comment

Hi all I updated to the 2.6 ROM with no problems it appears to be very fluid and fast even though it gets a lower score than the 2.5 rom on An tutu? I would say its defiantly an improved ROM. Thanks for the ROM rrileypm I have only found one problem it appears that google location will not work. I may need to reflashas I've checked all the usual culprits.

Ken.

Comment

Hello,

Ive been reading this, is there any way i can check if my pipo is secure to install this without opening the tablet?

Comment

Not 100%
                Randy
                Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                Read my BIO Here
                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                Donate here

Comment

Thanks for the reply, i will wait until its 100% secure to do it without opening the case, im horrible dealing with hardware, usually things stop working :=)

Comment

Audio & out of sync while streaming Live TV

Just installed new RileyRom 2.6.2. Works great, especially when ART is enabled. Just one little inconvenience really. I watch live TV on my tablet frequently using Filmon app, and i noticed that audio and video are out of sync (about 1 second apart). It may have something to do with flash. Any clues?

Comment

WIFI problem with the 4.4.2 (Official & RRom 2.6.x)

Hello all,

I have a problem with WIFI on the 4.4.2 Beta Rom (tested on Pipo official rom and RRom 2.6.x).
                      I would like to find a solution to that but I don't know if it's a problem from my ISP or from the 4.4.2 FW.

My 4.4.2 Rom (Official or RRom) WIFI setup is :

-> Wireless and network -> advanced :

Keep WIFI on during sleep : Never
                      Avoid poor connections (Check or uncheck -> same probem!)
                      WI-FI optimization (Check or uncheck -> same probem!)

The problem is that my M9 Max cannot connect to wifi when the tablet is back from deep sleep ('Searching for wifi networks...' error!)
                      Dmesg -> 'IP si not available' error ???

Everything is ok when I set 'Keep WIFI 'ON during sleep' to 'always'

Am I the only person with this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by SirHastur View Post
                        Hello all,

I have a problem with WIFI on the 4.4.2 Beta Rom (tested on Pipo official rom and RRom 2.6.x).
                        I would like to find a solution to that but I don't know if it's a problem from my ISP or from the 4.4.2 FW.

The problem is that my M9 Max cannot connect to wifi when the tablet is back from deep sleep ('Searching for wifi networks...' error!)

Mine seems to be working OK with the same settings atm but ill keep an eye on it.

Comment

Originally posted by SirHastur View Post
                          Hello all,

There does seem to be a bug,my WiFi wouldn't reconnect after deep sleep either,keeps saying disabled.I had to set it to always on during sleep and restart the tablet or the connection would keep disabling itself randomly as well.

Comment

Re: Pipo M9 Max RileyROM 2.6 KitKat

Originally posted by neiliewheeliebin View Post
                            There does seem to be a bug,my WiFi wouldn't reconnect after deep sleep either,keeps saying disabled.I had to set it to always on during sleep and restart the tablet or the connection would keep disabling itself randomly as well.
                            I can confirm this bug also. Not a big deal breaker for me - this is still by far the best all round pipo firmware to date for the m9 in my opinion - but it would be good to find a solution. Any suggestions anyone?

Sent from my M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by boreus View Post
                              Just installed new RileyRom 2.6.2. Works great, especially when ART is enabled. Just one little inconvenience really. I watch live TV on my tablet frequently using Filmon app, and i noticed that audio and video are out of sync (about 1 second apart). It may have something to do with flash. Any clues?
                              This is an annoying bug,its out of sync when watching streaming TV directly from the FilmOn website also,and the mobile YouTube website crashes the browser and doesn't play most of the time as well.It doesn't work from any browser.

Comment

Re: Pipo M9 Max RileyROM 2.6 KitKat

Originally posted by neiliewheeliebin View Post
                                This is an annoying bug,its out of sync when watching streaming TV directly from the FilmOn website also,and the mobile YouTube website crashes the browser and doesn't play most of the time as well.It doesn't work from any browser.
                                I'm having no problems at all with the YouTube app. Can't comment on FilmOn or mobile web. Are they Flash-based I wonder? ie not officially supported?

Sent from my M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X