No announcement yet.

Pipo M9 Max RileyROM 2.6 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With your USB connected and the Flash Tool running, if you short the correct pins on the NAND chip your device will show up in "Mask Mode" on the flash tool.

As the thread says, you may have to hold the power button while you do it. It took me a long time to figure it out the first time I did it...so don't give up...you will find it eventually. Don't worry about shorting the wrong pins...try different ones until you see "Mask Mode" in the flash tool.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by remi252 View Post
      How to know ????
      Everything I know is in the post quoted from DNKN above.

The only real way to make sure is to remove the back and look to see if you 1 or 2 NAND chips. If there is only 1 NAND chip DON'T FLASH THE ROM. If you do, and it turns out you have a 1 NAND chip device, you will have to remove the back anyway to short two pins on the NAND chip to get into mask mode (explained on the link provided above).

There is another set of instructions for the same procedure in this thread...post #2:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...G-A-KITKAT-ROM!!!!!

I don't like repeating things over and over again, so please try to apply the instructions to what you see inside your tablet....they are all very similar.
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Hello
        Thanks for answering again
        I will try on Monday again and will report
        Chris

Gesendet von meinem SM-N900 mit Tapatalk

Comment

If its any help - the back panel on my m9 was stuck on and easily prised off using a precision screwdriver (using the gap near one of the speakers to start things off) and then credit card and fingers to lift the rest. The nand chips are in the corner near the ESC and power buttons. You'll need some fresh 3m tape to stick it back on.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Comment

Doesn't work for me. 2 nand chips 29F64. Boots up to 4 penguins then to recovery where it formats data and cache but is dead on reboot. Back to 2.5.2 for me for now.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post

The only real way to make sure is to remove the back and look to see if you 1 or 2 NAND chips. If there is only 1 NAND chip DON'T FLASH THE ROM. If you do, and it turns out you have a 1 NAND chip device, you will have to remove the back anyway to short two pins on the NAND chip to get into mask mode (explained on the link provided above).

There is another set of instructions for the same procedure in this thread...post #2:

I don't like repeating things over and over again, so please try to apply the instructions to what you see inside your tablet....they are all very similar.
              Looking in the log produced by Finless flash tool 1.3.7.0 I have the following:

11:09:09 254 INFO:Start to run
              11:09:09 264 INFO:Start to test device
              11:09:09 316 INFO:Test device OK
              11:09:09 336 INFO:Start to download IDB
              11:09:09 336 Flash Chip Information:
              11:09:09 336 NO SIZE(MB) Manufacturer
              11:09:09 346 ----------------------------------------------
              11:09:09 357 0 8192MB MICRON
              11:09:09 367 2 8192MB MICRON

which correctly identifies the two NAND chips on my M9 max motherboard. This needs investigating to confirm that only one NAND is listed for a single-NAND board but appears to be a way of determining single or dual NAND without opening the case.

Comment

Originally posted by soapymist View Post
                Looking in the log produced by Finless flash tool 1.3.7.0 I have the following:

11:09:09 254 INFO:Start to run
                11:09:09 264 INFO:Start to test device
                11:09:09 316 INFO:Test device OK
                11:09:09 336 INFO:Start to download IDB
                11:09:09 336 Flash Chip Information:
                11:09:09 336 NO SIZE(MB) Manufacturer
                11:09:09 346 ----------------------------------------------
                11:09:09 357 0 8192MB MICRON
                11:09:09 367 2 8192MB MICRON

which correctly identifies the two NAND chips on my M9 max motherboard. This needs investigating to confirm that only one NAND is listed for a single-NAND board but appears to be a way of determining single or dual NAND without opening the case.

me no write in ROM Flash Tool v1.3.7.0

14:08:47 718 INFO:Start to test device
                14:08:48 748 INFO:Test device OK
                14:08:48 748 INFO:Start to download file
                14:08:48 764 INFO: Start to download files to flash,backup offset=0x24000
                14:08:48 779 INFO:Flash Start to download file to flash
                14:08:48 842 Info:RKA_File_Download start,file=misc,offset=0x2000
                14:08:48 873 Info:RKA_File_Download start,file=kernel,offset=0x4000
                14:08:50 121 Info:RKA_File_Download start,file=boot,offset=0xc000
                14:08:50 324 Info:RKA_File_Download start,file=recovery,offset=0x14000
                14:08:53 537 Info:RKA_File_Download start,file=system,offset=0x886000
                14:11:18 540 INFO: Download files to flash finished,Total(1106699313)B

is only write in RKBatchTool 1.7 log

16:05:17 344 <Layer 2-6> Test Device Start
                16:05:17 344 <Layer 2-6> Test Device Success
                16:05:17 344 <Layer 2-6> Lowerformat Device Start
                16:05:34 582 <Layer 2-6> Lowerformat Device Success
                16:05:34 597 <Layer 2-6> Test Device Start
                16:05:34 597 <Layer 2-6> Test Device Success
                16:05:34 613 <Layer 2-6> Check Chip Start
                16:05:34 613 <Layer 2-6> Check Chip Success
                16:05:34 628 <Layer 2-6> Get FlashInfo Start
                16:05:34 628 <LAYER 2-6> INFO:FlashInfo: 0 0 0 1 0 10 10 28 22 4 5
                16:05:34 628 <Layer 2-6> Get FlashInfo Success
                16:05:34 644 <Layer 2-6> Prepare IDB Start
                16:05:34 644 <LAYER 2-6> INFO:CS(1) (8192MB) (MICRON)
                16:05:34 644 <LAYER 2-6> INFO:CS(3) (8192MB) (MICRON)
                16:05:34 660 <Layer 2-6> Prepare IDB Success

is compatible with my tablet kitkat 4.4.2 ???????????
                and you soapymist serial number of pipo m9 is a date of production me XXXXXX13070596 : 05 july 2013 and you ????? kitkat is functional ?????

thanks
                Last edited by remi252; 06-08-2014, 00:24.

Comment

I must be so lucky, I first downloaded this an did not know there was "TWO" different type's of roms for my M9.
                  So far this rom that I have work's great, boots fast and battery time up is very good, it even get almost 90> over "WiFi" in the hospital where I use it most of the time.

Hope all goes well for everyone !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post

How can I remove the back? Could you please Randy or anyone upload photos or a video showing how to remove it and how to identify the Nand chips?

Comment

Won't risk it, but is this brick

a) Total brick, no way to recover throw in the bin
                      or
                      b) Recoverable with the pin reset- power- force flash mode?

Comment

Originally posted by sahor View Post
                        How can I remove the back? Could you please Randy or anyone upload photos or a video showing how to remove it and how to identify the Nand chips?
                        Pipo M9 Disassebly tutorial

Comment

Hello
                          I could managed to install the loader and so i can reach the Tab with the Flashtool again, but now the next problem. I cannot install any Firmware. Everytime get the message"Download failed" Start failed"

I don't know it is importent, but before i tried to install 2.6, i think to remember that my Tab, when i made a erase IDB count up to 16384 , now the Tab count only up to 8192.( I have 1 Nand Chip with the same number that is in the unbrick thread)

Thanks Chris
                          Last edited by chrs11; 06-09-2014, 04:03. Reason: changing value

Comment

compatible or not ???
                            Attached Files

Comment

It looks like you have 2 NAND chips...which is what we have been going by.

However, I just received an email from Anna at Pipo.

The official explaination from her is that the number of NAND chips isn't the problem. She said that some M9's were made with dual core processors. Also, there was an old PCB and a new PCB with the M9. While they believe the firmware works on both...they aren't totally sure.

Our friend DNKN in Russia says it's the 1 NAND configuration that's the problem. He has been working on possible solutions...since he has one that bricks. I'm anxious to hear about his progress.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Hello
                                My Tab work again. Thanks for the help.
                                I have to go in the mask mode again and made all steps again. After that the memory shows again 16384 after it shows before 8192. Then i could install the Firmware again. Now I'am back to 2.5.3 and restore my Tab with Titanium.
                                Thanks again for the Help
                                Chris

P.S Only 1 wire from the speaker is lost so if have to solder this wire back when i have time.

Comment

Working...
                                X