Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pipo M9 Max RileyROM 2.6 KitKat

Originally posted by neiliewheeliebin View Post
    Is anybody else tried using an external SD card larger than 16gb on KitKat?I tried a 32gb card and it totally killed the external SD card reader.Did a full wipe and reinstalled jellybean but its still dead.On jellybean it just used to unmount and corrupt the SD with an incompatible card but with KitKat it appears it may have actually caused permanent hardware failure to the reader,it might have been a coincidence but i thought i should warn people anyways.
    May just be an unlucky coincidence. I'm using a 32GB card without problem.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Is anybody else tried using an external SD card larger than 16gb on KitKat?I tried a 32gb card and it totally killed the external SD card reader.Did a full wipe and reinstalled jellybean but its still dead.On jellybean it just used to unmount and corrupt the SD with an incompatible card but with KitKat it appears it may have actually caused permanent hardware failure to the reader,it might have been a coincidence but i thought i should warn people anyways.
      You gave me a heart attack when I read that!

I'd only just taken delivery of a 32GB microSDHC card but had not yet tested it. I was worried I was not going to be able to use it for exactly the purpose for which I'd intended it.

But, it seems to work fine with my M9 Max!

(However I realise this means you might have faulty hardware or a bad card )

Comment

Re: Pipo M9 Max RileyROM 2.6 KitKat

Mines always had a 16GB reader,and I've got another Chinese phablet advertised as "microSD 16gb max supported"with the exact same symptoms,can't handle any card larger than 16gb,randomly gives the "error storage removed unexpectedly" message. and corrupts the card.For whatever reason my M9 came with the same limitation.I must have got a bad chip in mine or something.I want to send it in for repair but if they replace the mainboard with a newer 16gb board I'll get stuck with 1 NAND and no KitKat,there's no way I'm ever going back to jellybean on the M9 again.I'll email them and see what quotes/options they give me.

Comment

Trans Flash TF Micro SD Card Socket Adapter pop-up micro for PIPO M9 Max replacement

If this can help someone..
          I had the same problem when I openened up my M9 Max (forgot to remove the sd card!)

I ordered from this guy and the TFCard adapter is 100% the same than the one in the PIPO M9 MAX

I did the same thing to mine,tore one of the SD card tracks off the board with it,had to bridge it to the other side of the PCB with a fine wire,not fun.

Comment

Decided to bite the bullet flash the Sumvision Voyager 2 10.1" quad core 32GB. Didn't brick it.

I didn't open it up to check haha

one thing I have 10GB NAND flash but where is the remaining? It's the 32GB model.. 3GB internal storage
            Last edited by fatbottom; 07-17-2014, 22:07.

Comment

Originally posted by fatbottom View Post
              Decided to bite the bullet flash the Sumvision Voyager 2 10.1" quad core 32GB. Didn't brick it.

I didn't open it up to check haha

one thing I have 10GB NAND flash but where is the remaining? It's the 32GB model.. 3GB internal storage
              I don't think the Max can read 32GB.

Comment

Originally posted by Nordo View Post
                I don't think the Max can read 32GB.
                Hello
                My M9 max can read 32GB Sd. Use it long time already>
                Chris

Comment

talkinga about internal. says 10GB NAND, 3GB user

but that's 13GB. Where's the rest? I know some of it is used as system- but not that much! I know sometimes with flashing you need to format storage, but it appears in storage, I can't see anything

32GB external SD...

Comment

Originally posted by fatbottom View Post
                    talkinga about internal. says 10GB NAND, 3GB user

but that's 13GB. Where's the rest? I know some of it is used as system- but not that much! I know sometimes with flashing you need to format storage, but it appears in storage, I can't see anything

32GB external SD...
                    Hello
                    I belive he format the nand per idb and the new Firmware format it new to 16GB. So if you want to have 32GB again you have to format again with a proper Firmware.
                    Chris

Comment

ok will wait until new firmware comes out to support 32GB, 10GB is still plenty anyway.

Comment

2 nand chip

Hi. I have a pipo m9 (not pro) and i opened the back cover and did see two sandisk nand chip called sdtnqgama-008g. I bought tablet in december 2013. Kernel version 3 and is 16 gb version. Can i flash tablet with this rom?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

2 nand chip

Hi. I have a pipo m9 (not pro) and i opened the back cover and did see two sandisk nand chip called sdtnqgama-008g. I bought tablet in december 2013. Kernel version 3 and is 16 gb version. Can i flash tablet with this rom?

Thanks in advance!
                          Attached Files

Comment

2 nand chips?

Originally posted by Majdanac View Post

Thanks in advance!
                            Hi i forgot to attach the image of nand chip. I think i have 2 nand chips
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Majdanac View Post
                              Hi i forgot to attach the image of nand chip. I think i have 2 nand chips
                              With dual NAND chips it should be fine.

Comment

ROM seems ok, just getting constant "google play services stopped responding" errors

Comment

Working...
                                X