Pipo M9 Max RileyROM 2.6 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soapymist View Post
    I'm having no problems at all with the YouTube app. Can't comment on FilmOn or mobile web. Are they Flash-based I wonder? ie not officially supported?

Sent from my M9 using Tapatalk
    The YouTube app works great its only HTML5 videos from websites that it plays up with.

Comment

Originally posted by neiliewheeliebin View Post
      This is an annoying bug,its out of sync when watching streaming TV directly from the FilmOn website also,and the mobile YouTube website crashes the browser and doesn't play most of the time as well.It doesn't work from any browser.
      Yes, i guess we' ll have to wait full html5 implementation from certain app developers. About Youtube; I'm not having any problem watching videos inside this app. As far as flash goes there is modded flash apk that works in Dolphin Browser. Video and audio are in sync but only in desktop mode. So this is my alternative for watching Filmon now.

Comment

I got RileyRom 3.0.1 for the M9 Max Pro working on my M9 Max,with this kernel all i had to do was set it to 160 DPI and copy/replace some WiFi files/drivers over and everything appears to be working fine,the ROM is identical to this one with the same html5 issues,it cant load any videos from the youtube mobile website.I gave Oma's KitKat ROM a whirl as well it runs all html5 videos ive tried except FilmOn,it has the same 1 second delay issue as the M9 Max ROMs.I think the audio sync problem is an issue from within the kernel.Edit:the sensors aren't working on the M9 Max-Pro ROM.
        Last edited by neiliewheeliebin; 06-19-2014, 10:32.

Comment

Hello everyone,

Maybe it is helpful,
          I opend my tablet and it has only 1 Nand with 16GB and AndroidTool v2.1 says "Flash CS: 0 1 2 3"

I really want to install this Rom and hope for a fix soon.

Thank you for all your work!

Attached Files
          Last edited by Niob24; 06-19-2014, 13:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Niob24 View Post
            Hello everyone,

Maybe it is helpful,
            I opend my tablet and it has only 1 Nand with 16GB and AndroidTool v2.1 says "Flash CS: 0 1 2 3"

I really want to install this Rom and hope for a fix soon.

Thank you for all your work!

At least we have found one way to identify incompatibility.And yet Pipo is convinced the NAND is not the culprit but only something they happen to have in common somehow.They suspect it is because some models are actually dual core causing the problem.In this case It may be worth checking by installing a cpu app that shows all four cores running independently of one another such as CPU STATS.In an email reply Anna Ye offered to repair a tablet free of charge if anyone bricked it flashing their official beta KitKat firmware,I think she is hoping to get her hands on one so they can figure out exactly what's going wrong with them.

Comment

Re: Pipo M9 Max RileyROM 2.6 KitKat

At least we have found one way to identify incompatibility.And yet Pipo is convinced the NAND is not the culprit but only something they happen to have in common somehow.They suspect it is because some models are actually dual core causing the problem.In this case It may be worth checking by installing a cpu app that shows all four cores running independently of one another such as CPU STATS.In an email reply Anna Ye offered to repair a tablet free of charge if anyone bricked it flashing their official beta KitKat firmware,I think she is hoping to get her hands on one so they can figure out exactly what's going wrong with them.
              It is worrying that an M9-Max sold as quad core may in fact only be dual core

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenNewsgroup View Post
                It is worrying that an M9-Max sold as quad core may in fact only be dual core

They are probably suspecting clones on the market with dual cores but there hasn't been any confirmed cases that I know of.It might be just a case of them having so many hardware revisions that they can't keep up with themselves.

Comment

They are probably suspecting clones on the market with dual cores but there hasn't been any confirmed cases that I know of.It might be just a case of them having so many hardware revisions that they can't keep up with themselves.
                  OK, my tablet was sold as a Sumvision Voyager 2 but I believe that it is simply a rebadged M9-Max rather than a clone

Comment

I got RileyRom 3.0.1 for the M9 Max Pro working on my M9 Max,with this kernel all i had to do was set it to 160 DPI and copy/replace some WiFi files/drivers over and everything appears to be working fine,the ROM is identical to this one with the same html5 issues,it cant load any videos from the youtube mobile website.I gave Oma's KitKat ROM a whirl as well it runs all html5 videos ive tried except FilmOn,it has the same 1 second delay issue as the M9 Max ROMs.I think the audio sync problem is an issue from within the kernel.Edit:the sensors aren't working on the M9 Max-Pro ROM.
                    I have checked on my tablet and on a random sample of youtube videos i don't have any a/v sync issues with this firmware using the mobile web YouTube site (I use Chrome browser).

Sent from my M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been following Anna Ye's remarks on fb too and I can't figure out her dual core comment, are there any m9 max which is not based on rk3188?

Comment

I'm sure my m9 is quad core and sure it gets bricked by that fw and also 100% sure it has one nand chip.

Отправлено с моего ZTE Geek через Tapatalk
                        https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but11.gif

Comment

The dual core issue was NEVER raised by anyone in Pipo until the firmware problem... if there are clones they would have sent out warning long ago... if the have dual core sold as quadcore to unsuspecting consumers they will definitely keep quiet because that will mean a con job on their part... so my conclusion they just can't figure out what the real issue is and they have a history of not wanting to cooperate with their fan base in rom development... too bad for them.

Comment

Anna told me that they did release a run of the M9 with dual core cpu's...but not very many....and they never left China.
                            Randy
                            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                            Donate here

Comment

Could any confirm that I cant use this ROM?
                              I am not an expert but I only can see 1 chip, isnt it?

Thanks
                              Attached Files

Comment

Pipo M9 Max RileyROM 2.6 KitKat

This ROM bricks the 1 NAND chip versions

Sent from my M7pro using FreakTab v0.1.
                                Randy
                                Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X