This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smic717394 View Post
    Hi Pollo, no problem. feedback is always welcome. Ill have a look but i need a break now. I stood yesterday till 5 am to get the sound working...

P.S. the private message you seny me not bob
    Take your time. I don't think any further updates are critical, just nice to have. I'm sorry you stayed up so late to fix the sound, you shouldn't have killed yourself. I sent the PM about the sound fix to you and Bob at the same time. He replied back already. ☺

Comment

Anybody tried this one on MK802IV New Wifi.

Comment

Hi, try this kernel, Download the MK809III rom and replace the kernel from the rom with the one bellow. Let me know if it work. I included drivers for MT59315A (wifi) & MT6622 (BT)

For all your computer problems...
        http://www.salvamipc.es

Comment

Hi, try this kernel, Download the MK809III rom and replace the kernel from the rom with the one bellow. Let me know if it work. I included drivers for MT59315A (wifi) & MT6622 (BT)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lp...sfp/kernel.img
          Did you reply to my post. I have MK802IV with AP6210 wifi chip. Does anybody know if this ROM works on this device or how to make it work on it.

Thank you guys for yur efforts.

Comment

Re: MK809III - KitKat 4.4 - SMIC717394 ---- 1080p ROM

Originally posted by Dzigi.Bau View Post
            Did you reply to my post. I have MK802IV with AP6210 wifi chip. Does anybody know if this ROM works on this device or how to make it work on it.

Thank you guys for yur efforts.
            if you have AP6210 the ROM should be ok. use the rom from post 1

Comment

Hi,

Just to report that the wifi and bluetooth on my Mk809iii with MT59315A & MT6622 doesnt work

Thanks for all the work and all the efforts!

Best regards

Comment

Any way to know if this has the drivers for the RTL8723BS wifi? My 809iii has that wifi chip. Tried loads of different versions and none have that particular driver set in them. Would love to upgrade to kitkat but not if there is no wifi support for the RTL8723BS chips. Anyone?? Thanks.

Comment

hi my wifi is rtl8188. Is this rom working with this chip?, thanks
                  pd. por cierto veo que eres paisano, te importa que te escriba en español? con el ingles asi asi...
                  Last edited by elpetrus; 07-01-2014, 08:41.

Comment

Thanks for the great work on this ROM.
                    When I first loaded the ROM I tried using the Parameter6 file. I kept getting a load failed error. I used Paramter4 and it was successful.
                    I tried the stock kernel and kernel1.6 from the 1080P folder as well as kernel_1.6_600_667 and kernel_1.6_stock_stock. In No-frills CPU Control they all show a max of 1.416GHz and min of 1.2GHz.
                    The kernel I was running in Neomode's 3.1 rom showed max of 1.416GHz and min of 312MHz. In the past I've tried many kernels and have never seen higher than 1.416GHz. Does this mean there is no hope to achieve higher speed?
                    My device seems to be running warmer now, I presume it's because it's not dropping the clock to 312MHz anymore.
                    Is it ok to try to use the kernel from Neomode's 3.1 ROM, would I lose 1080P? Is there a better solution?
                    HK1 Pro Plus
                    FlowFon F1
                    H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
                    MXQ Pro+
                    R-TVBOX Mini+
                    MK809III

Comment

Originally posted by ViperRunner View Post
                      Hi,

Just to report that the wifi and bluetooth on my Mk809iii with MT59315A & MT6622 doesnt work

Thanks for all the work and all the efforts!

Best regards

Hi

you sure you have MT59315A & MT6622? Can you look inside and take a photo so we can see the chip?

Comment

Originally posted by imaddiced2u View Post
                        When I first loaded the ROM I tried using the Parameter6 file. I kept getting a load failed error. I used Paramter4 and it was successful.
                        I tried the stock kernel and kernel1.6 from the 1080P folder as well as kernel_1.6_600_667 and kernel_1.6_stock_stock. In No-frills CPU Control they all show a max of 1.416GHz and min of 1.2GHz.
                        The kernel I was running in Neomode's 3.1 rom showed max of 1.416GHz and min of 312MHz. In the past I've tried many kernels and have never seen higher than 1.416GHz. Does this mean there is no hope to achieve higher speed?
                        My device seems to be running warmer now, I presume it's because it's not dropping the clock to 312MHz anymore.
                        Is it ok to try to use the kernel from Neomode's 3.1 ROM, would I lose 1080P? Is there a better solution?
                        Hi,

If you only getting a max of 1.4, is because you have a 3188T that is locked to 1.4. If you interested is lower frequencies I can make a kernel 312 to 1.8 (1.4 in your case) - 133 to 600 and 200 to 400

Comment

Re: MK809III - KitKat 4.4 - SMIC717394 ---- 1080p ROM

Originally posted by play View Post
                          great Smic, I'm using yesterday with kernel 1.8 gpu600 DDR600 and I must say it is fabulous! hd video, emulators, games, internet, youtube! all working and fast .. maybe you could .. push a little more the GPU and DDR in order to have a more AnTuTu score really high but I think it's perfect! Guaranteed 1080p with xbmc 13.1 armebi gotham-V7a! fantastic jobI noticed only the loss of some app from home but otherwise everything is perfect! maybe you can change the build.prop to spoof and a samsung so you have access to more apps on google play! thank you again! do many people happy!
                          hi Play.. uts easy. install buildprop editor and change to this values

ro.product.model=GT-I9300
                          ro.product.brand=samsung

Comment

Originally posted by imaddiced2u View Post
                            If you have an MK809III with new wifi (ap6210) and an RK3188T, try the Quickshot 3.1 rom instead for the Mk902. I installed it on 4 RK3188T sticks I gave away, and it over clocked them. Only problem was that the sticks got very hot, so I ended up using another kernel. But try the stock install first and see if it works.

Another thing you could try, I never did this, is install a kernel that overclocks the RK3188T over smic's rom. I installed this over Quickshot:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...All-(well-most!)

For my TRUE RK3188 sticks, I use this ROM - normal install. Actually, smic717394 created a custom kernel to give us sound on older tv's. I am not sure if that was added to his link yet.

Both custom roms are great, I would be happy to use either one.

Comment

Originally posted by PolloLoco View Post
                              Got it, and installed it. It works! At least the home button now works, which is the most important thing. I still can't get the menu button on my air mouse to work - but that's not important at all.

Besides that, check your PM. Your sound kernel works! Brilliant. I just don't know if it's only better for those of us with old TV's - or if it's better for everyone to use from now on. Regardless, you should spread the word.

Let me know if you want me to stop providing feedback, because anything else is minor. You've put together an amazing ROM. The best I've tried on this particular stick. Two minor things I've noticed:

1) EXFAT didn't work for USB drives. NTFS works great. Don't know if it helps you potentially incorporate it, but Quickshot 3.1 supports EXFAT cards and drives.

2) If you put an item on the dock immediately to the right of the "apps" button on the right of the screen, it will be lost after a reset. This also happened to me with your jellybean rom - kind of an odd bug.

Besides that - as a heads up to new users, I only had bugs or crashes when doing all my initial app installs. Occasionally the app would repeatedly crash, or the whole system would hang and crash. But a reboot solved any problem I was having. Now that all my main apps are installed - yesterday my wife and I binge watched Netflix for about 6 hours without a single bug. The MK902 jellybean rom was not as stable. So if something doesn't install correctly - keep trying.

Hi PolloLoco,

I can add EXFAT, I didn't see the need for it because of its limitations, regarding the launcher reset itself after reboot, I´m using the same ROM and its not happening to me.

Comment

Hi,

If you only getting a max of 1.4, is because you have a 3188T that is locked to 1.4. If you interested is lower frequencies I can make a kernel 312 to 1.8 (1.4 in your case) - 133 to 600 and 200 to 400
                                Thanks smic, you are very accommodating. It is very much appreciated!
                                I'd be interested in trying a kernel with a low end cpu frequency of 312.
                                I guess I'm stuck at a max of 1.4GHz, I figured that my cpu was locked. I always found it odd that my other MK809III, same model, same vendor and bought at the same time, will go up to 1.7GHz although I run it at 1.6 GHz via No-frills CPU control.
                                HK1 Pro Plus
                                FlowFon F1
                                H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
                                MXQ Pro+
                                R-TVBOX Mini+
                                MK809III

Comment

Working...
                                X