X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• himmon
    replied
    Originally posted by Shomari View Post
    Have you checked in settings>security>trusted credentials to make sure the certificate wasn't disabled? As it should be installed.

I tested the app and it works fine with the ROM.
    Morning Shomari, Megs

Xfinity TV Go unfortunately is the only US based app I could never get working on kitkat. It works perfectly fine on 4.2.2 over VPN but on KitKat I receive "No Peer Certificate" The app itself opens and logs in perfectly fine, shows all the TV and Movie content, just as soon as you click to play any Movie or TV episode it hangs shortly on Authenticating, timeouts then you receive an Error "An Unknown error occurred during this request. Please try again."

There is a "More Info" button which shows "No peer certificate"
    I checked trusted CA certs previously and all are checked. Date, time, region are correct for me in UK exactly as on 4.2.2 just connecting over VPN.

I couldnt get this working on my Minix X7 either on Wassers or Minix official Kitat roms so something very odd.

Like I say, Netflix, Hulu Plus, Crackle over VPN on this Kitkat ROM works great.

Two other UK apps I have never been able to get working on ANY roms is 4OD and Demand 5, anyone else have any luck? They both work fine on my rooted Galaxy S3 phone.
    They both seem extremely stringent on their security checks for Rooted, PropBuild, HDMI device checks so havent found the right combination of config to get them working correctly.

Leave a comment:

• Shomari
    replied
    Re: Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 (Fully Working)

Originally posted by No_WaY View Post
    thank you
    I'm using this rom + yor hotkernal , but can you explain how?
    ( Anybody notice the video.use.overlay=1 line in the build.prop?

It seems the stock kernel is a 1080P kernel.

It can be confirmed by setting screen density to 240 and changing the video overlay setting to 0.

ro.sf.lcd_density=240
    video.use.overlay=0

Makes sense now because ~2600-2700 is the antutu 3D score I get on my MK808B 4.2 with a 1080P kernel and that's what I get with this ROM on '720'; instead of ~2900 which is what I get with an actual 720P kernel. )

with greeting
    ...greetings. You edit your build.prop file;

find those two lines in your build.prop file and change them (only them) to match the values in the post.

Set the density value as posted, and set overlay to 0

Leave a comment:

• No_WaY
    replied
    Please read the first post. All the links and info for 1080p setting are there.
    thank you
    I'm using this rom + yor hotkernal , but can you explain how?
    ( Anybody notice the video.use.overlay=1 line in the build.prop?

It seems the stock kernel is a 1080P kernel.

It can be confirmed by setting screen density to 240 and changing the video overlay setting to 0.

ro.sf.lcd_density=240
    video.use.overlay=0

Makes sense now because ~2600-2700 is the antutu 3D score I get on my MK808B 4.2 with a 1080P kernel and that's what I get with this ROM on '720'; instead of ~2900 which is what I get with an actual 720P kernel. )

with greeting

Leave a comment:

• Shomari
    replied
    Please read the first post. All the links and info for 1080p setting are there.

Leave a comment:

• No_WaY
    replied
    how to get 1080p?
    i chane it in setting but still not showed in antutu 1280*720
    and youtube can not show more than 720p

with greetings

Leave a comment:

• Shomari
    replied

Originally posted by Megs View Post
    Hi,

I have the same error of CA certificate in Xfinity TV Go, was wondering if you have found a solution for it..

thanks,
    Have you checked in settings>security>trusted credentials to make sure the certificate wasn't disabled? As it should be installed.

I tested the app and it works fine with the ROM.

Leave a comment:

• Megs
    replied
    Originally posted by himmon View Post
    With original stock kernel 9734, although low, rom is much quicker with everything for me than 4.2.2. Video playback is super smooth with Netflix, Hulu Plus, Showbox, BBC iplayer etc. Can't seem to get xfinity TV Go to work though. CA certificate issue.
    Hi,

I have the same error of CA certificate in Xfinity TV Go, was wondering if you have found a solution for it..

thanks,

Leave a comment:

• samek90210
    replied
    i have mk808b with realtek chipset for bt

Any custom rom for this with KITKAT?

Realtek 8723 - wifi/bt

Leave a comment:

• Shomari
    replied
    I'd reflash if you haven't already, just in case. You have a pretty severe case of the bug. It's strange for the kernel to flat out throw an error and mute sound on every HDMI sink in all situations.

Leave a comment:

• what_ho
    replied
    Thanks. Your device is not getting the expected edid response from your tv/monitor's HDMI sink and it's in turn treating it as a DVI and muting the audio.

If you have any cables or attachments between the stick and the HDMI I'd remove or replace them and test again.

If not, try another tv/monitor. Unfortunately, the kernels for our devices running 4.4.X all have this bug but it doesn't affect all instances as severely as it does yours.
    Thanks for looking into this. I have tried on both Samsung TV and a recent Sony TV, always plugged directly into the TV HDMI sockets without success. TVs have most up to date firmware available. The 4.4 kernels provide the smoothest video playback so far, hopefully there will be a kernel update at some point and I'll check back then.

Leave a comment:

• Shomari
    replied

Originally posted by what_ho View Post
    [ATTACH]7256[/ATTACH]

Please find dmesg output attached. This is KK rom + OC kernel from this thread (audio not working with stock kernel either of course)

gopichandpai -> thank you for tip about SoundAbout app, this did not make any difference unfortunately.
    Thanks. Your device is not getting the expected edid response from your tv/monitor's HDMI sink and it's in turn treating it as a DVI and muting the audio.

If you have any cables or attachments between the stick and the HDMI I'd remove or replace them and test again.

If not, try another tv/monitor. Unfortunately, the kernels for our devices running 4.4.X all have this bug but it doesn't affect all instances as severely as it does yours.

Leave a comment:

• what_ho
    replied
    Have you looked at dmesg? Run dmesg if you're willing and post its contents here please. (preferably as an attachment)
    dmesgout.txt

Please find dmesg output attached. This is KK rom + OC kernel from this thread (audio not working with stock kernel either of course)

gopichandpai -> thank you for tip about SoundAbout app, this did not make any difference unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• Shomari
    replied
    This Rom works well with the 'Point of View' TV-HDMI-210 device (MK809II v1.1) for everything except HDMI audio. Never managed to get any sound so far. Have tried workarounds of resuming device from standby first without success. Will have to wait for kernel code fix.
    Have you looked at dmesg? Run dmesg if you're willing and post its contents here please. (preferably as an attachment)

Leave a comment:

• gopichandpai
    replied
    This Rom works well with the 'Point of View' TV-HDMI-210 device (MK809II v1.1) for everything except HDMI audio. Never managed to get any sound so far. Have tried workarounds of resuming device from standby first without success. Will have to wait for kernel code fix.
    Try https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...utingfix&hl=en and see if sound works for you.

Leave a comment:

• what_ho
    replied
    For now no. Maybe in the future someone will patch the current kernel code with the fix (it's here in the forums) or a factory update will address the issue.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X