Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After cooking supper for a station full of hungry firemen, I'm ready to get back to the task at hand.

Since for some reason, I lost ability to connect to internet, I started from scratch with a fresh flash. Right now, I have copied over the sensor files and got lanscape, and I have Snakekiller's build.prop installed.

What would you like me to do next?
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Bob,

No big deal, but the animation on your boot screen is too big. No one has mentioned it.

On these apk files, do we simply copy them into the system\apps folder?

I copied the camera.apk and then ran the camera app. I can take pictures, but it won't record video.

Randy
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        List of things to test please since these were issues on the Gingercomb

1) Sound recorder
        2) Buttons! Do they all work. Volume and power off.
        3) Does the tablet sleep and will the button wake it up!
        4) Start loading some games and make sure they do not force close. Fragger is a good one! Try it. Also temple run.

This time I may be able to fix the camera video recorder as ICS drivers are different. These file effect camera. Snakekkiller can you please try these:
        /system/app/camera.apk
        /system/lib/hw/camera.goldfish.so
        /system/lib/hw/camera.rk29board.so
        /system/lib/libcamera_client.so
        /system/lib/libcameraservice.so

I need you guys bad to test all this as I cannot this time. So to make this a better ROM it's all up to you guys!

Bob

I copied all of these over to their respective folders and rebooted. Now no image on screen from camera. Before, I just copied over the apk. I did have video before but it would take pictures but not record.

Sound Recorder works.
        All buttons work. No volume buttons on taskbar anymore.
        It goes to sleep and wakes up appropriately. (I'm checking to see if wifi stays awake with screen sleep since I have that set.)

Both Temple Run and Fragger ran without any FC's.

There is one new button in the notification area that changes screen size. You have three options "stretch to fill screen", "zoom to fill screen" and "fill standard screen".

Randy
        Last edited by rrileypm; 08-06-2012, 00:40.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Donate here

Comment

Another thing I've noticed is that battery meter doesn't update. I left it on for about 30 minutes while charging and it stayed on 66. When I rebooted, it showed 74. I went into CWM and wiped battery stats to see what that does.

It didn't do anything.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Donate here

Comment

Ok quit worrying about boot screen stuff. I think I can fix the battery thing...... We need to focus on detailed functionality.

Let me ask straight out.. Is this a ROM worth continued development?

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I have spent a while playing with this, testing out apps I use on a regular basis. So far everything runs smooth. Yes, I think we are heading in the right direction. My wifi hasn't dropped out even once since I flashed this ROM, so my number one issue is resolved.

As far as the other things I noticed and reported...I just call em as I see em, no matter how minor they may seem. I don't know what you are able to see on your end. I'm just a detail person.

The question is, is this Cube system easier and better for you to work with.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

In fact, this is a true upgrade. It finally surpasses my G2 performance wise. Once this ROM is polished, I'll hand the G2 down to one of my kids.

Randy
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Bob,

Whilst I haven't yet flashed (just got up to head to work), I think that a true 4.04 is definitely worth pursuing, so let's do it! As always our thanks for all your efforts!

Will be back tonight to have a look see

Comment

@ bob
                    Please go further with this rom
                    I want use beta 2 anymore the reasen is tscallibration screen.
                    Alfa1 is much better now in this stage already

Verstuurd van mijn Freaktab met Tapatalk
                    if you love my work please buy a coffee

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                    https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

</form>

Comment

Originally posted by snakekiller View Post
                      @ bob
                      Please go further with this rom
                      I want use beta 2 anymore the reasen is tscallibration screen.
                      Alfa1 is much better now in this stage already

I agree - go with this one!
                      I'll have limited time for testing this week as I'm out for two days Tues/Weds and won't be home until Thursday but will do what I can.

Thanks
                      Andy

Comment

OK I have some ideas on what to work on. Most everything seems to be working.

I may not be able to fix the video recorder. If this issue is like the GingerComb ROM I made, the problem is the camera APP itself and some framework files being compatible with the Arnova camera. I worked for days on it before and could not fix it.

However, that does not mean the video camera does not work! If you use skype or download a camera APP from the market, you will find video will work and record. It's just the built in camera APP that wont. Now last time I could do 1 of 2 things.
                        I could make it record video but not take pictures OR I could make it take pictures but not record video.

So, I am willing to try and fix it again as ICS maybe fixable but this time, I need someone with ADB setup and can give me specific logcat data based on actions.

I will have a BETA 1 out tonight that "should" address all the other issues. If someone can pull a log cat for camera here is what I need
                        1) Start the camera app and have it up and ready
                        2) Start ADB and clear the logcat. The command is logcat -c
                        3) Start the logcat
                        4) Now click the cameras video record button.

I need everything in the logcat that contains the info about what happens when you try to record video.

Bob

Comment

ok, i'll try to help where I can when the beta's out. I'm on a mac so getting logcats are always difficult, but sure one of the others will assist as well. But once out I'll get alogcat & see how this works.

Looking forward to it bob.

Comment

Hope you something with that

Logcat done with alogcat

if you love my work please buy a coffee

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                            https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

</form>

Comment

Yes, This helped. Different error than Gingercomb.

V/videocamera( 2047): New video filename: /mnt/sdcard/DCIM/Camera/VID_20120806_234321.mp4
                              I/MediaRecorderJNI( 2047): prepare: surface=0x1abce38 (identity=145)
                              D/CameraSource( 81): Camera does not support setVideoSize()
                              E/CameraSource( 81): Requested frame rate (14) is not supported: 15,15

E/MediaRecorder( 2047): start failed: -19

However it does not help much. Which is the problem? Media recorder? Or camera.apk? Or a library file that supports either of the 2. However, as I recall there is a XML file that descibes the cameras capabilities. So maybe adding support for frame rate of 14 will solve it and we put back the ogiginal camara.apk to solve the bad call to "setvideosize"?

I will look into it. TOnight I am working on Yuandao ROM while you guys play some more.

Bob

Comment

Video playback is a little choppy on this ROM, using several different players. Beta 2 didn't do that.

Wifi is much more stable, faster.

That boot animation is growing on me. (I couldn't resist).

Randy
                                Last edited by rrileypm; 08-07-2012, 03:48.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X