No announcement yet.

Beelink S82 / Tronsmart S89 / VissonTech S82 Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

then use your remote you are using (not the crap that came with your device) to edit the keyboard.xml using xbmc.orgs keymap editor. I personally have adapted to the changes with the keyboard on the new rom and have never had to tamper with these settings but it seems like a simple and easy thing to configure if this app simply changes the .xml file (restart after). ill mess with keymap editor tomorrow and give you a solid answer. if it doesnt work ill geeksearch and mess with xbmc xmls till I find the solution bud (if stane1983 doesnt give the easy answer). no rush, keep up the AMAZING work! both your roms are badass man!
    @µ$ł!Ω

Comment

this post will most likely be pulled, but don't let your freaktab rom development interfere with your xbmc work. You seem like your one of a few making things a lot better for what all of us use these boxes for (xbmc). +100 man!
      @µ$ł!Ω

Comment

Stane...
        just a quick question.
        Do you think it is possible to work with the openelec team to get linuxxbmc to an Stable release?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoffes_tp View Post
          Stane...
          just a quick question.
          Do you think it is possible to work with the openelec team to get linuxxbmc to an Stable release?
          Its a long shot for now... OpenELEC afaik uses Linux X window system which we dont have on amlogic yet (because of missing x-window mali libs and OpenGL acceleration - so you can forget about xbmc and opengl for now).

I saw OpenELEC for mx2 and I can tell it's far from stable. I was not able to boot it on mx2 board. On the other hand it's armhf compiled and for M8 we don't have mali libs armhf compiled (not even for framebuffer device) so...

Edit: Here is closed issue on OpenELEC github
          If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
          Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com

Comment

xbmc devs are always working for stable releases, like any legit app or program. xbmc has many devs that calaborate to make xbmc better across multiple operating systems and chipsets. xbmc is open source and on github. check out stane1983 and see what he has done for xbmc, especially take note on his contributions to amlogic (amcodec/amlcodec) xbmc. im not here to kiss @ss but glitches get fixed and stuff gets better, but with more/newer tech comes more stuff to make stable.
            @µ$ł!Ω

Comment

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post
              Its a long shot for now... OpenELEC afaik uses Linux X window system which we dont have on amlogic yet (because of missing x-window mali libs and OpenGL acceleration - so you can forget about xbmc and opengl for now).

I saw OpenELEC for mx2 and I can tell it's far from stable. I was not able to boot it on mx2 board. On the other hand it's armhf compiled and for M8 we don't have mali libs armhf compiled (not even for framebuffer device) so...

Edit: Here is closed issue on OpenELEC github

Thanks for this info.
              i really like your work waiting for next release.
              if i found bugs or something i will report here.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowandlayda View Post
                this post will most likely be pulled, but don't let your freaktab rom development interfere with your xbmc work. You seem like your one of a few making things a lot better for what all of us use these boxes for (xbmc). +100 man!
                Why would it be pulled?

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

i am using OpenElec on the MX2 and i havent got any major issues so far to be honest ...

Anyone with a newer board tried Stane's linux yet or not ???

Comment

Bluetooth

Hi Stane,
                    playing around with your Linux on my S82 Box.
                    Very stable and fast! So for me it is a really good option on this piece of Hardware.

Do you think it is possible to get Bluetooth running? I have a Keyboard for my iPad.
                    The Android Roms still recognize the keyboard.

Greetings
                    Hammerhead2k2

Comment

Originally posted by hammerhead2k2 View Post
                      Hi Stane,
                      playing around with your Linux on my S82 Box.
                      Very stable and fast! So for me it is a really good option on this piece of Hardware.

Do you think it is possible to get Bluetooth running? I have a Keyboard for my iPad.
                      The Android Roms still recognize the keyboard.

Greetings
                      Hammerhead2k2
                      Never toyed with BT under linux, will see what can be done

Comment

is it stan or stane by the way? Anyway how hard would it be to get a full linux distro like kali linux or a light weight ubuntu? I know both have armel kernel support. The rom rocks but I feel kind of limited to other aspects (fully funtional web browser, games, apps, etc) I used my box for with linux-xbmc. or am i missing something and there is terminal addon in xbmc where i can apt-get install sotware-center?
                        @µ$ł!Ω

Comment

Originally posted by Nowandlayda View Post
                          is it stan or stane by the way? Anyway how hard would it be to get a full linux distro like kali linux or a light weight ubuntu? I know both have armel kernel support. The rom rocks but I feel kind of limited to other aspects (fully funtional web browser, games, apps, etc) I used my box for with linux-xbmc. or am i missing something and there is terminal addon in xbmc where i can apt-get install sotware-center?
                          My name is Stanislav, short Stane or Stan

It would be possible, but I'd wait with it 'cause got internal info that armhf buildroot with Mali450 libraries will be released soon then I can think about it.

There are guys on slatedroid forum that run Ubuntu Quantal (12.10 I think) on MX tablets, i tested it on MX box and basically works (boot from sdcard). Problem might be OpenGL acceleration cause mali doesn't support it. Only GLES.

Comment

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post
                            My name is Stanislav, short Stane or Stan

It would be possible, but I'd wait with it 'cause got internal info that armhf buildroot with Mali450 libraries will be released soon then I can think about it.

There are guys on slatedroid forum that run Ubuntu Quantal (12.10 I think) on MX tablets, i tested it on MX box and basically works (boot from sdcard). Problem might be OpenGL acceleration cause mali doesn't support it. Only GLES.
                            sounds
                            good

Comment

mx tablets use m802 chipset right? I'm not going to install firmware that isn't fully supported with this box, especially without proper hw accel. No more cpu power needs to render graphics. Box still running hotter than I'd like. Stansilav, have you tried undervolting the kernel? Armhf would be a substantial improvement!!! Any idea on how long it will take for devs to give you the libs? I'm ready for an update on this. Everything works great but would love a full linux distro (especially ubuntu or ubuntu/android dual boot or kali linux) for more app options and tweakability and WINE!!! No dual boot would be necessary with wine. You can run pretty much anything!
                              @µ$ł!Ω

Comment

does anyone know how to accs terminal. I've tried all possible keyboard shortcuts with my remote and noting is working. I know with openelec and other linux-xbmc builds xbmc has an exit button which would exit xbmc and go straight to terminal. This build seems impossible to get into anything other than xbmc.
                                @µ$ł!Ω

Comment

Working...
                                X