X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beelink S82 / Tronsmart S89 / VissonTech S82 Linux

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post
    Hi,

I see lot of questions when I will stabilize my android and linux fw on new boxes from Beelink.

Thing is like this:

1. I have older box with everything working fine
    2. I have complaints that it's not working/its unstable on new boxes
    3. I don't have new box
    4. No one even tried to contact me or opened subject to obtain me one peace of actual hardware
    5. I might found what could cause instability which will be available for test when I upload firmwares. It could work but it might not. Oman is confused by fact that firmware works on old batches and not on new ones + Oman and I are using different sources.
    6. From donations I collected aprox $100 for Android and Linux fw and from that amount $75 is still under my pending balance because of paypal-s $tupid policy where someone who made donation (bought me a beer) must in details of his payment click on Confirm receipt or something like that, otherwise funds stay in pending balance for 30 days from day of payment.
    7. Next week I will receive MXIII box (1gb version) for which I can make firmware, 2gb version box I will not receive

Based on what I wrote what is conclusion of community?
    Sorry to hear this @Stane1983... please don't be bothered by people trying to rush you on you're new build... I have the EM8 and don't seem to have any problems with it... I follow the thread also just to see what's going on... thanks for you time... oh and based on what you wrote we should try and get him the new boxes....

Comment

Sadly this build doesn't recognize my FatEx 3 TB device. I get the message "successfully mounted" but can't navigate to the source or it just freezes.

How can I connect to the Internet via WIFI?

Comment

Originally posted by newflemmli View Post
        Sadly this build doesn't recognize my FatEx 3 TB device. I get the message "successfully mounted" but can't navigate to the source or it just freezes.

Hi,

I dont have 3tb hdd, but will try to investigate. About wifi, you have wifi managaer under program addons.
        If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
        Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com

Comment

Thx ^^.

It's just annoying since the original rom has no problem at all to play the files.

"Device has been successfully mounted" - but I can't find it in the list.

Comment

Since buying my s82 I think I only used it for 2 weeks before boxing it back up due to insufficient media player capabilities such as auto refresh rate switching and decent quality hardware GPU decoding. Stane1983 has re-ignited my faith in being able to use this box for what I originally needed it for but it really saddens me that he isn't getting full support from the manufacturer... a donated development box - to work with for the benefit of the end user.

Comment

People don't forget there are new sources 0108 from amlogic and these are not fully ready yet.

as they same Rome was not built in a day or the matter of fact 2 weeks

hang in there and give some credit to the devs as for them you would not even have half working box and just a door stopper selfish people.

And for the people that cannot wait well what can i say there are plenty of rom abouts now and source so maybe good time to learn rom developing or even reverse engineering and let us hassle you guys for a rom

JustMe
              Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by newflemmli View Post

go into programs and you will see wifi and if it doesn't work then wit for next rom.

JustMe
                Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Tronsmart Vega version

Is there anyway (without opening the unit) to determine whether I have an older hardware version (compatible w/this) or a newer (incompatible) version?

FWIW, I got my Vega Standard beginning of July, it came w/stock vers 106k4.

thx

Comment

Amazing job

Thanks a lot, I was on the verge of giving my box to my Mom, happy didnt do that
                    it works flawless with no visible issues.
                    most important it sync the video to display
                    there are some settings missing hopefully we get them in later builds

a) settings > system > video output:
                    1- vertical blank sync
                    2- test patterns

b) settings > system > audio output:
                    1- audio output device
                    2- output configuration
                    3- Number of channels
                    4- Limit sampling rate

c) settings > system > input devices :
                    1- Remote control sends keyboard presses

d) settings > system > power saving :
                    1- Put display to sleep when idle

No rush man , you are simply amazing ...
                    Proud xbmp>xbmc>kodi user since early days of 1st gen xbox
                    XBMC on :
                    Tronsmart S89 Quad Core - Openelec
                    Atv1 + Crystall HD - Crystalbuntu
                    Raspberry Pi - Openelec
                    Xios DS - Linux the-hydra
                    1st gen xbox, JB Atv2, Ouya, ...

Comment

Originally posted by papampi View Post
                      Amazing job

No rush man , you are simply amazing ...

Simply agree to this statement..
                      running AMLinux now since 27th of July.
                      Buttery Smooth and a great piece of software.

Comment

Hi all,

I'm also considering buying a device with a amlogic s802. The idea of running linux and xbmc on it is great.
                        I see there has been some complaints going around for newer hardware versions not running the amlinux stable.
                        Is this only beelink s82 related? or is it just the same with the tronsmart s89 or vissontech devices?
                        I know it might be a hard question to answer since these devices are probably all rebranded products.

Greetz

Kweker

Comment

Can someone share the URL of the Repo for this Linux... I want to see what packages I can add to the basic install? Thanks

Comment

http://www.stane1983.com is his website with all the downloads and donation info.
                            @ยต$ł!Ω

Comment

Originally posted by Nowandlayda View Post
                              http://www.stane1983.com is his website with all the downloads and donation info.
                              Thanks but thats NOT a repo.. a Repo would be full of the various compiled ARM Linux apps that you can install to add to the base install. What you provided was a website

A repo could be browsed to see whats available for those of us who dont have an S802 box yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Methanoid View Post
                                Thanks but thats NOT a repo.. a Repo would be full of the various compiled ARM Linux apps that you can install to add to the base install. What you provided was a website

A repo could be browsed to see whats available for those of us who dont have an S802 box yet!
                                Hi,

there is no repository of any kind. AMLinux is basically pure linux kernel + buildroot as rootfs + amlogic specific stuff and patches. It is not full feature linux distribution.
                                If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
                                Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com

Comment

Working...
                                X