No announcement yet.

Beelink S82 / Tronsmart S89 / VissonTech S82 Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any hint how to enable mouse wheel in xbmc?

Comment

I have actually installed Android 4.4.2 with 108k4 on my Tronsmart Vega S89-H.
      I have a problem with USB power after turn off device. My HDD connected via USB is not turning off at all. I have to disconnect it from usb or manually power off HDD. This is just ridicolous.
      Also hdmi is giving power all the time (not so big issue like with USB, however it is a problem for someone who is using HDMI switch on one of hdmi inputs for tv).
      How it looks on this Linux system ? Is same thing here too ?

Can someone confirm, that "brightness" and "contrast" options during playing movie are working ? On android are available but are not working.
      Tronsmart Vega S89-H / 108k4 / Android 4.4.2

Comment

they are working on this rom
        @ยต$ł!Ω

Comment

Originally posted by qler85 View Post
          Can someone confirm, that "brightness" and "contrast" options during playing movie are working ? On android are available but are not working.
          I havent tested but it should be working
          Android wont let xbmc change any thing in device graphic, thats why you cant set resolution, refresh rate ... from xbmc and you should do that from android settings even xbmc in ouya wont let you set contrast and brightness.

in linux its different, xbmc can manage all, when it can change resolution and refresh rate, sure it can change contrast and brightenss
          Last edited by papampi; 08-10-2014, 10:31.
          Proud xbmp>xbmc>kodi user since early days of 1st gen xbox
          XBMC on :
          Tronsmart S89 Quad Core - Openelec
          Atv1 + Crystall HD - Crystalbuntu
          Raspberry Pi - Openelec
          Xios DS - Linux the-hydra
          1st gen xbox, JB Atv2, Ouya, ...

Comment

Stane im having an interesting behaviour.

When playing uncompressed full hd videos.
            Its .ts format im thinkig h264
            When.using your rom with an av receiver there is a missmatch in audio and video.

When using without av receiver. Everything is running fine.
            Sorry for spelling

I set everything to pass through.

How to troubleshoot?

Brgds

Comment

go to:
              Settings> Video
              enable the " sync playback to display"
              you will get 3 sync options in the line below
              "A/V sync method"
              check and see which one works best for you

while you are in video playback settings its best to enable " adjust display refresh rate ..."
              Proud xbmp>xbmc>kodi user since early days of 1st gen xbox
              XBMC on :
              Tronsmart S89 Quad Core - Openelec
              Atv1 + Crystall HD - Crystalbuntu
              Raspberry Pi - Openelec
              Xios DS - Linux the-hydra
              1st gen xbox, JB Atv2, Ouya, ...

Comment

Thank you so much this is great ! In fact I wasn't able to change the resolution with xbmc on android. With your ROM my tronsmart is finally usefull. Thank you very much !!

Comment

S802 to H or not to H

Hi

I was wondering if somebody could clarify the S802-H vs S802 difference. From what I understand the H version supports DD/DTS passthrough over hdmi and costs a bit more.
                  I've read on cnxsoftware review that on android with xbmc Dolby and DTS could be done in passthrough mode with software in XBMC.(on android)
                  Do I understand this correct?
                  Did somebody already test / verify this? Is it really passthrough if done in software?(I mean are the channels not downsampled to stereo?)
                  If according to cnxsoftware it can be done on Android, does it work on the amlinux rom?
                  I hope this question has not been answered many times, I could not really find a clear answer.

Kind regards

Comment

When you search a bit on the forum (especially FAQ thread) you will find the answer.
                    In short: both can DD/DTS pass-through. S802-H can hardware decoding DD/DTS and the other only software decoding.

Comment

Stane, any news on this? New Release incoming? Hope you get alsa config up and running correct

Comment

Originally posted by MikeD View Post
                        When you search a bit on the forum (especially FAQ thread) you will find the answer.
                        In short: both can DD/DTS pass-through. S802-H can hardware decoding DD/DTS and the other only software decoding.
                        In practise probably it doesn't matter at all, if we use XBMC (it is software decoding on both from what I read). I have S802-H but now I think maybe better would be to spent 30$ less for this normal version.
                        Maybe I am wrong but I can't find any advantage (in practise) of H version.
                        Tronsmart Vega S89-H / 108k4 / Android 4.4.2

Comment

Only if you (want to) use app's at android which doesn't support DD and/or DTS software decoding (downsize/-mix to stereo) you have to buy a -B or -H...
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Hey stane

Still rocking with your excellent release here

I noticed 13.2 Final came out yesterday via XBMC , is there any plans to update your linux build ?

Comment

Hello, first I would like to thank your for your AMLinux firmware. It's nice to play around with the tronsmart.

I have a problem and could use your help. I just installed the firmware on my S89 and configured the WiFi. It seems to work perfectly I can connect to the internet and download addon etc. But when I try to access the tronsmart via Samba, SSH or FTP the other computer (Linux - Ubuntu) cant find it. It's like the broadcasting protocols are not activated. Am I missing something? Do I need to activate something inside xbmc? I took a look on the samba configuration page in system settings but all I could configure was the WINServer and the Workgroup.

Greetings
                              BP

Edit: After a few restarts I tried to disable the WiFi and connect again. That fixed it for the moment. Sorry for the spam I was really psyched by your firmware. Thanks again for building and sharing
                              Last edited by BonzenPaule; 08-20-2014, 19:48.

Comment

Armhf

Guys, Amlogic finally released armhf libraries. Stay tuned, update will be asap...
                                If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
                                Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com

Comment

Working...
                                X