X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luke71933 View Post
    Hi,
    I am about to order 5 M8's. And this is the pcb picture I got from the seller. http://kfdown.a.aliimg.com/kf/HTB11o...Xq6xXFXXX9.jpg
    Is that a genuine one and will all the firmwares on here work, like stane and stane linux and Acemax?

Thanks
    As there is no Samsung RAM, it doesn't seem to be genuine M8

Comment

Originally posted by Droid-TV.fr View Post
      As there is no Samsung RAM, it doesn't seem to be genuine M8
      So what do you class as "Genuine" exactly as I have had a Board from ENY without samsung RAM and board from elsewhere with samsung ram.

Comment

Originally posted by beats View Post
        So what do you class as "Genuine" exactly as I have had a Board from ENY without samsung RAM and board from elsewhere with samsung ram.
        From what I read here, genuine M8 have "M9&M8_V0.92" labelled PCB and Samsung RAM chips. Picture is here : http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post223677

Comment

There is now an M8N version on the market from ACEMAX to combat Clones... comes with a new controller ETC. I will post pics of said unit once my first 100pcs arrive early next week

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyx View Post
            There is now an M8N version on the market from ACEMAX to combat Clones... comes with a new controller ETC. I will post pics of said unit once my first 100pcs arrive early next week
            Is the firmware any good tho? sounds like your tied to it and not able to use the tweaked versions like bob's that most people come here for?

Comment

Originally posted by beats View Post
              Is the firmware any good tho? sounds like your tied to it and not able to use the tweaked versions like bob's that most people come here for?
              The firmware is ok and will work on finless ROM

Comment

as far as I understand they released this firmware/ hw revision to combat all the clones... so their official FW's for the units WILL NOT WORK on the cloned units.

I do not see why roms like BOBs finless would not work. Ive asked them directly, I should have a response within the hour for you.

Comment

Just make sure you have the correct remote.conf file if you already have a backup of previous firmware and intend to use again.

Comment

I need to load a new remote.conf?

or this is IF i load something like bobs finless etc?\

Comment

I need to load a new remote.conf?

or this is IF i load something like bobs finless etc?\
                      only if you are restoring a backup that was used with the old remote as this would have the old remote.conf file.

Yeah I am sure finless 1.8 has the old file.

Just copy from firmware on your new box and replace on finless ROM - you will need root explorer though or what I seen today was a post from just me doing this a different way SD card / pin in back.

Comment

Hi everyone,

For those who have the following M8 model (M9&M8_TVBOX_V01_0728) :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8253[/ATTACH]

If you tried the Finless 1.8 ROM, your device might be stucked at the splash screen. I have dumped the stock firmware if someone need it (kot49h.20140915 test-keys) : https://mega.co.nz/#!dsMRkJQb!QWdK0B...cMOOJ8G4iKNJ-M

To use this firmware :
                        1. Copy contents of the archive to the root of a SD card
                        2. M8 turned off, insert the SD card
                        3. Use toothpick method to access the recovery menu (actually it will be TWRP, thanks abdul for this great tool)
                        4. Choose the "Restore" tab, then choose "External SD" and access to the folder where all the files are (/BACKUPS/k200/KOT49H...).
                        5. Select every files (check also MD5 verification) and launch the recovery
                        6. Once it's done, select Reboot
                        7. ... and I hope your M8 will work again

I hope this will be helpful.

I restored my M8 (M9&M8_TVBOX_V01_0728), but now my box freezing every minute,and restarts. What can be wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Grach13 View Post
                          I restored my M8 (M9&M8_TVBOX_V01_0728), but now my box freezing every minute,and restarts. What can be wrong?
                          It could be a hardware problem... Did you try to do another restore? Or a factory reset (available in Setting and More Settings) ?

Comment

It could be a hardware problem... Did you try to do another restore? Or a factory reset (available in Setting and More Settings) ?
                            I tried factory reset. What about another restore? Is there another working firmware for this version of M8?

Comment

Originally posted by Grach13 View Post
                              I tried factory reset. What about another restore? Is there another working firmware for this version of M8?
                              About another restore, I was thinking of doing the restore again.

I am testing several roms now. Only Linux XBMC works well for the moment (wifi is working)

EDIT : This one from JustMe works also, maybe you should give it a try.

Comment

About another restore, I was thinking of doing the restore again.

I am testing several roms now. Only Linux XBMC works well for the moment (wifi is working)

EDIT : This one from JustMe works also, maybe you should give it a try.
                                Linux XBMC works, but JustMe even does not load.

Comment

Working...
                                X