Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] OpenELEC for Amlogic-based TV boxes (M8, MXQ, TV110, MX2/G18)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats the same box i have and my build if working awesome on it. Havent had a problem with my build since I've compiled and installed it...

Comment

Originally posted by startreksuite View Post
      I tried updating with your OE 7, and received an error message saying that there were some missing files, something like a m5 checksum.
      Updating over what? Ember update folder or clean flashing? After flashing ember..

Comment

I tried updating with your OE 7, and received an error message saying that there were some missing files, something like a m5 checksum.
        Update tar has md5 files, update flashable zips don't. Hope you did not try and dump a zip file in the tar update folder. Or dump an oe tar into embers update folder... It could all get confusing at times...

Comment

Sorry, I have Codesnake's 5.95.5 build. I dumped your .tar file in the update folder. will this only work if I have ember first?

Comment

Yes i had same issue when i tried updating my box from his build.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemsis72 View Post
              Thats the same box i have and my build if working awesome on it. Havent had a problem with my build since I've compiled and installed it...
              I'm certainly glad it's working for you. But are you saying you're out of ideas on why your build won't work these two boxes? (Also, CodeSnake's 6.0.3 build.) It's weird the Ember build works fine. I only tested that one on box, but it worked great. Just it's only Kodi 14.2. Also I just tried reverting back to Matricom's Android build again and that still works fine, too. This is all very odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Friffy1 View Post

I'm certainly glad it's working for you. But are you saying you're out of ideas on why your build won't work these two boxes? (Also, CodeSnake's 6.0.3 build.) It's weird the Ember build works fine. I only tested that one on box, but it worked great. Just it's only Kodi 14.2. Also I just tried reverting back to Matricom's Android build again and that still works fine, too. This is all very odd.
                Yeah. Im at a loss why it wont work on you boxes.. because not only is working on my box but also my family members also as well as my co workers box... Sorry bro...

Comment

So how to did you remedy it?

Comment

Yes i had same issue when i tried updating my box from his build.

Comment

Read post #2395 thats how i remedied my issue! Or go back to stock android after a successful boot. Turn off then reflash OE 7.0.

Comment

no u dont have to go to 4.2.1 just clean flash OE 7.0 after flashing ember zip.

Here it is: https://mega.nz/#!8cgXjRhI!mu8wGyY14...ujItOf8HdrXS2E

Extract all 3 files to a fat32 formatted sd card not usb...
                        But before you do atemp to clean flash my zip u are going to have to flash this ember zip.. here: https://mega.nz/#!hN5mWShZ!Qnp3RB-Ub...3kgwYBxqjJEzo0

To format your nand to proper sized filesystem after making a mess with ur tar update fiasco.
                        After a clean boot from ember, turn off then flash my zip file.

And if you want to revert back to stock android you are going to have to flash this zip. https://mega.nz/#!QUhiEQiS!wY-E2uWBk...KOkIkvNHLhBwBc
                        In order to reformat those same partitions for its included android zip.... Goodluck!!!
                        According to this, I will have to install ember, then your zip file. Is this correct?

Comment

According to this, I will have to install ember, then your zip file. Is this correct?
                          It will make transition much better.. ember includes a formating script to partition the nand flash.

It helped alot because it formated the nand partitions that i screwed up when trying to revert back to OpenELEC after messing it up trying to revert back to android without reformatting the nand partitions for android install. OpenELEC formats the nand differently than android does. That why in the post you will see a revert to android zip from ember. It does not matter if you have OpenELEC you can use that zip to reformat your nand and revert back to the included android installation zip.

Comment

Yeah. Im at a loss why it wont work on you boxes.. because not only is working on my box but also my family members also as well as my co workers box... Sorry bro...
                            No worries. So, strangest thing. That box is now bricked. Light comes on, but no display at all. Can't get into recovery. I don't know what the heck to make of all this. Have you seen MX2 boxes that won't even get into recovery? Any ideas as to a fix?

Comment

Originally posted by Friffy1 View Post

No worries. So, strangest thing. That box is now bricked. Light comes on, but no display at all. Can't get into recovery. I don't know what the heck to make of all this. Have you seen MX2 boxes that won't even get into recovery? Any ideas as to a fix?
                              Flash ember helix zip, no matter what you do do not let go of the reset button until you see something on the screen give it a shot

Comment

Flash ember helix zip, no matter what you do do not let go of the reset button until you see something on the screen give it a shot
                                No luck. Blue light, no display. Tried for hours. Any other ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                X