Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] OpenELEC for Amlogic-based TV boxes (M8, MXQ, TV110, MX2/G18)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, the main reason I wanted to upgrade my M8 box is because e want to have H265 HW decoding, but apparently this is not possible. Is that correct or am I doing something wrong? To be honest, I've never tried to read H265 in android environment...

I've tried LibreELEC today and it's the same non working situation, although with different visual problem. Plus, power off and my remote didn't work (two known problems, which are already solved in these, much older, codesnake releases).
    120" screen, EPSON 6100W, YAMAHA RX-V775, B&W 603 (front), B&W CC3 (center), B&W DS3 (surround), Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS (front heights), SVS SB-2000 (subwoofer)

M8 TV Box Codesnake's OpenElec 6.0.3
    Tronsmart MXIII+ (v108L1) + KODI 16.1 (Jarvis)

Comment

Hi nemsis can you please repost the 7.0 tar file link again the link a page back is not working I want to update my codesnake 6.03 copy to your newer version of kodi and I can't find the update tar file anywhere thank you or anyone else on here that can post me a working link

Comment

Originally posted by ruppert View Post
        Hi nemsis can you please repost the 7.0 tar file link again the link a page back is not working I want to update my codesnake 6.03 copy to your newer version of kodi and I can't find the update tar file anywhere thank you or anyone else on here that can post me a working link
        Here is the file.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

thank you flashaholic that was very nice of you to post it for me i was looking all over the net for a copy

edit: hi flashaholic I just downloaded the file but I don't think i see a .tar file I think this is the full update am I right I was looking for his .tar file to drop in my update folder I think with this file I will have to do a full toothpick flash am I right about this ??? again thank you for your help
          Last edited by ruppert; 10-27-2016, 23:20.

Comment

Here is the .tar link that ruppert was asking for
            MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Thank you

Comment

You're welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by ruppert View Post
                  thank you flashaholic that was very nice of you to post it for me i was looking all over the net for a copy

edit: hi flashaholic I just downloaded the file but I don't think i see a .tar file I think this is the full update am I right I was looking for his .tar file to drop in my update folder I think with this file I will have to do a full toothpick flash am I right about this ??? again thank you for your help
                  ​​​​​My mistake. Sorry. Hope you get it sorted.

I'm sure that's the update tar file I used.

Go with Startreksuite link. 👍
                  Last edited by Flashaholic; 10-28-2016, 11:11.

Comment

Originally posted by startreksuite View Post
                    Here is the .tar link that ruppert was asking for
                    Is that kodi Jarvis 16.0?

Comment

That's the one. I felt the need to upgrade due to the exodus addon requiring it.

Comment

Is Codesnake no longer providing upgrades to this device?

I am very happy with the Nemsis upgrade provided, but am just wondering.

Comment

There's a rumor floating around that he is working with the wetek company for their openelec boxes. Otherwise, I don't know.

Comment

Evening. I updated to Nemises 5weeks ago. All been working fine. But today had to reboot box and now the box is stuck on the Openelec logo with writing at the top left saying......

Can't access tty; job control turned off.

So tried a fresh install of nemesis kodi Jarvis. The box starts to flash, it boots up with Openelec logo. But there is no kodi Jarvis. The screen just goes grey.

So I decided to go back to Codesnake 6.0.3 Insengard. Box flashed straight away. Now I have a problem where the playback is very stuttery and also I can't select resolution 1080. Adjusted hw acceleration etc still no joy. As for selecting 1080 resolution iv never had this problem in the past. .

It would be very appreciated if I could be advised on what to do to solve these issues above.

Or even someone could post a file to revert back to android and start all over again.

Thanks..👍
                            Last edited by Flashaholic; 11-16-2016, 19:06.

Comment

This is the device I'm using by the way. Thanks.
                              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I don't know what will help, but what I would do is start fresh. I found a link to the MX firmware from a site, though some mentioned another site that costs money. Here's the free one. https://mega.nz/#!AlVUnDQa!gRBryRmS7...94x1CybBwdpgMI and here's the website. http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....422-stock.html . Drop it on an sd card, following the toothpick method. Do a cache wipe, etc before you get started. Then toothpick again with codesnake's version, or put libre elec on. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X