Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] OpenELEC for Amlogic-based TV boxes (M8, MXQ, TV110, MX2/G18)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds awesome!

Is there any way or hope for dual boot with Android?

I'd love to use my USB DVB-S2 tuner with this box in OpenElec but I would also like to play some games from time to time.
    What would you suggest is the best setup for these purposes?

bye and thanks in advance

Comment

It could be possible as Wetek version runs from an sd card.

Comment

Originally posted by csgabe View Post
        It could be possible as Wetek version runs from an sd card.
        That's true, but I figured there might be limitations regarding the chip, since it sports only an AML8726-MX (with 1 gig of RAM and a Mali 400) which has a rather weak chest when it comes to gaming if I am not mistaken. But I have to admit that I do not know anything about stuff like bootloaders etc. in this field of devices, yet.

Are there any dual boot alternatives with the hardware specs of the M8 or is there an Android app that allows communication with a USB DVB-S2 tuner so I can use this for LiveTV and do my usual media center stuff in the XBMC app?

bye

Comment

Fantastic job Codesnake

Just loaded on my T8 AML V2 box with no issues other than non functioning remote.

I've tried all the remote.conf files in this thread and none work for me. Not a big issue, will just have to get a usb remote.

Val

Comment

Originally posted by al8782 View Post
            Where would it show me under connections? Because my access point is only shows once wlan0. On my mx2 it shows wlan1 and 0
            Does your AP/router support 5GHz band?

Comment

Originally posted by codesnake View Post
              Does your AP/router support 5GHz band?
              Yeah it's an Apple Extreme AC router. You think its something I need to enable on my router or should it automatically do it itself.

Comment

Originally posted by al8782 View Post
                Yeah it's an Apple Extreme AC router. You think its something I need to enable on my router or should it automatically do it itself.
                Most likely you need to enable it. In my Asus router 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands have their own settings and enabled separately.

Comment

Originally posted by codesnake View Post
                  Most likely you need to enable it. In my Asus router 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands have their own settings and enabled separately.
                  Ok thanks I'll check it out.

Comment

MXQ S85

Hi GUys

Have MXQ S85 Amlogic S805, with bluetooth...if you need a some testing done give me a shout, happy to use box as test box as I just bought to run OpenELEC

Comment

CX-S806

Hi Codesnake i have the CX-S806 which in general i am quite happy with. When looking online i came across a Russian forum that has a version of openelec 4.97.2 for my box. I am a bit worried about updating or trying it.

Its a zip file which i have uploaded to my dropbox

Wonder if it would be possible to have a look over and see if it looks OK? I think there is a few versions of this box mines is the sunnytech one with 2gb & BT.

Update
                      Tried both files listed on the site and neither would install for me. Began installing and then said that the footer was wrong
                      Last edited by desmondo; 12-16-2014, 20:15.

Comment

How do I know which amlogic m8 device I have to get the correct Rom ?

Comment

Codesnake, have you noticed a problem where streams with 32000Hz audio play too fast and voices sound very high pitched?

Comment

Originally posted by bobones View Post
                            Codesnake, have you noticed a problem where streams with 32000Hz audio play too fast and voices sound very high pitched?
                            Please open an issue at https://github.com/codesnake/OpenELEC.tv/issues and specify at least one example stream that suffers from the above problem.

Comment

Re: [ROM] OpenELEC for Amlogic-based TV boxes (M8, MXQ, TV110, MX2/G18)

Originally posted by bobones View Post
                              I can conform this happens on my mxiii 2g as well

Comment

Same with me it happens to me, like what @bobones said ..
                                on some streams....strange... M8N box pcb V1.0

Comment

Working...
                                X