Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] OpenELEC for Amlogic-based TV boxes (M8, MXQ, TV110, MX2/G18)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Codesnake.. thank you so much for all your work .... i have an m8 box running perfectly on your builds... but now i have an other box wich i use in my bedroom for watching movies and streaming live tv from my satellite box.... this box is is a MXIII v2.0 2/8BG and so it seems a 812 socket.. i had manny problems flashing this box as it is kind of a hybride.. ( only rom this box was running on was a M8S rom )..
    now i managed to get this box running also on OE and looks like almost is running just fine.. the only thing is.. in the bedroom i use a external speaker system and this has no optical input..
    now my question is there any way to enable analog audio out ( jack plug )... if i can get this to work i would be 100% happy with the set-up .....

best regard Osdieman

Comment

Originally posted by osdieman View Post
      Hi Codesnake.. thank you so much for all your work .... i have an m8 box running perfectly on your builds... but now i have an other box wich i use in my bedroom for watching movies and streaming live tv from my satellite box.... this box is is a MXIII v2.0 2/8BG and so it seems a 812 socket.. i had manny problems flashing this box as it is kind of a hybride.. ( only rom this box was running on was a M8S rom )..
      now i managed to get this box running also on OE and looks like almost is running just fine.. the only thing is.. in the bedroom i use a external speaker system and this has no optical input..
      now my question is there any way to enable analog audio out ( jack plug )... if i can get this to work i would be 100% happy with the set-up .....

best regard Osdieman
      Have u tried in kodi/ openelec going to system, then click on system again. Then on audio output, click on audio output devices, and look for your audio input. And click on it...
      Last edited by Nemsis72; 03-28-2016, 19:21.

Comment

Hi thank you for the response... i did went to audio settings... i have two options there.... 1 : aml-m8audio:spdif 2: aml-m8audio:hdmi..
        No other options.. and on both settings no analog sound comes... also tried this on my Original M8 box..

Last edited by osdieman; 03-29-2016, 11:02.

Comment

osdieman I never released any builds neither for MXIII nor for M8S, so I think it is wrong place to ask about these boxes.

Comment

Hi thank you for reply... uuhm it is correct about mxIII and M8S... but today i also updated my M8 ( original ) with OE 6.0.1 from here.. and in that version i can't even change audio device.. ( greyed out )
            Also after update to 6.0.1 my VU+/Enigma pvr client was gone and not able to install by original source.. But this problem is solved...

i wiish i could get analog audio out to be working so i can move this box to the bedroom where i will be able to use my external audio system... is there any way to do this..

Regards Osdieman

Comment

@ osdieman,

This converter should do the trick for you, and will probably work much better than the AVI port on the M8. It converters HDMI signal to separate L/R audio and video out. Lots of people keep asking about a solution for older TV sets, this will solve your problems. Check out this. Link: http://www.amazon.com/LP-Composite-C...ideo+converter
              Or this other option. Link: http://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Extract...I+pass+through

Here is the search I did, it has plenty more of other style converters. Link: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...I+pass+through

Last edited by Tedly002; 03-30-2016, 20:29.

Comment

Hi Tedly.. Thank you.. I indeed just ordered one... Thank you very much... Hope soon i can enjoy a good sound.. Loll..
                And to all people working on these builds... I million thanks.. !!!!

Best regards osdieman..

Comment

When you write "M8" do you mean all M8 Boxes? M8S + etc?

Comment

@ osdieman,

Let me know how the converter works out for you....
                    Last edited by Tedly002; 04-05-2016, 08:51.

Comment

will there be an update for M8 box or T8, hate be a pain but as i see from the Openelec webiste they have removed amlogic link from download page, if nothing in the pipeline then please just let us know. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Skadino View Post
                        will there be an update for M8 box or T8, hate be a pain but as i see from the Openelec webiste they have removed amlogic link from download page, if nothing in the pipeline then please just let us know. Thanks
                        There's stuff going on in the background: https://libreelec.tv/

Comment

Originally posted by Skadino View Post
                          Where did you see that link? They never officially published any builds for Amnlogic-based boxes except of WeTek Play and WeTek Core.

Comment

Originally posted by codesnake View Post
                            Where did you see that link? They never officially published any builds for Amnlogic-based boxes except of WeTek Play and WeTek Core.
                            On the official openelec site on the downloads page there used to be a link to this page which had your update for m8 t8 etc. I never wrote that it was an official build, was just wondering if an update to jarvis will be available for these, i thought that as theyve removed the link to this page from their website that maybe there wouldnt be a jarvis update for these boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemsis72 View Post

Do u even have open elec on you box already? If not your going to have to flash previous version. Then after you flashed and successfully installed previous version. Then connect to your mx2 box via FTP on the computer, and copy and paste the update tar into the update folder of your openelec box. do not unzip the update tar, just copy and paste the whole zipped up tar...if u unzipped the tar file, delete it and redownload it. After downloading new tar file u can inspect it by using an archive manager like winwar or 7zip. Just dont extract it ok.

Hi, done everything you said but fails on update with "md5 checking error"

Comment

Originally posted by Stu308 View Post

Hi, done everything you said but fails on update with "md5 checking error"
                                What box do you have exactly? Is it the MX2? Did you install codesnakes 6.0.1 build in the beginning of this thread? Then tried updating with the new build? Did you extract the zipped up tar file, or copied and pasted the entire zipped up tar file in current openelec update folder? You are not suppose to extract the zipped up tar file. Before i updated my box, i had build 6.0.1 installed on my box.

Comment

Working...
                                X