Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] OpenELEC for Amlogic-based TV boxes (M8, MXQ, TV110, MX2/G18)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dynamic2 View Post
    codesnake didnt saw it anymore if it was possible but was/will it possible to add the ap6234 support for the new m8 build?
    Unfortunately currently is not possible.

Comment

Hi

Is there any build for m8s s812 that sees 2gb ram?
      http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...865#post550865

Comment

yes there is
        Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

hello, I've looked around but I cant seem to find an answer.
          ​I have 3 M8 square boxes. I have been using Codesnakes software since the MX2. my problem is that one of the boxes gets stuck on the OpeneELEC logo after updating to 6.0
          mysteriously, this same box is the only one that has a red light when its powered off. now I can reinstall 5.0.8 or even 5.0.3.
          is there any info I can provide so you guys/gals can better assist me?
          Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by mannyp View Post
            hello, I've looked around but I cant seem to find an answer.
            ​I have 3 M8 square boxes. I have been using Codesnakes software since the MX2. my problem is that one of the boxes gets stuck on the OpeneELEC logo after updating to 6.0
            mysteriously, this same box is the only one that has a red light when its powered off. now I can reinstall 5.0.8 or even 5.0.3.
            is there any info I can provide so you guys/gals can better assist me?
            Thank you
            Via recovery using ZIP package: https://github.com/codesnake/OpenELE....arm-5.0.3.zip

Comment

Originally posted by codesnake View Post
              ​thank you Codesnake.

I was able to recover it to 5.0.3 and now its updated to 5.0.8
              however, if I try to install 6.0 it freezes on the boot logo. I've tried via zip and as an update dropping the tar file on the update folder via samba

Comment

i wanted to update everyone.
                i was able to update to 6.0 on my box. i put it aside for a few days and tried a restore via zip above to 5.0.3.
                i then updated directly to 6.0 and it worked. looking back, i don't know where that 5.0.8 came from. so that might have been the problem.
                thank you codesnake

Comment

Helping a friend with an android box,s802 Mali 450 2/8 "mx3" running stock Fw.
                  I wanted to put openelec on this problem Is the kid wants to run the showbox apk not addon. Any reason why he couldn't just run showbox apk on this?

This is my first post here, I could use some help, what's the best build for this, the kid is a noob I am not. Ionamin box tonight. What are my options?

Comment

codesnake On the M8 with 6.0 I'm still seeing the occasional micro-stutter with 24 fps content and output. The video is butter-smooth, but every few minutes the screen stutters for a few seconds.
                    CPU load and network load are all within normal limits.When displaying the same content on 50/60 fps, there is just the normal 60-24 fps pulldown judder.
                    Is this a known issue? (openelec or kernel)
                    I've seen the same issues mentioned on some other Amlogic Openelec fora, but never found a real answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dovedescent7 View Post
                      Helping a friend with an android box,s802 Mali 450 2/8 "mx3" running stock Fw.
                      I wanted to put openelec on this problem Is the kid wants to run the showbox apk not addon. Any reason why he couldn't just run showbox apk on this?

This is my first post here, I could use some help, what's the best build for this, the kid is a noob I am not. Ionamin box tonight. What are my options?
                      It is not possible to run APKs on this firmware. It is not Android.

Comment

Originally posted by sentry23 View Post
                        codesnake On the M8 with 6.0 I'm still seeing the occasional micro-stutter with 24 fps content and output. The video is butter-smooth, but every few minutes the screen stutters for a few seconds.
                        CPU load and network load are all within normal limits.When displaying the same content on 50/60 fps, there is just the normal 60-24 fps pulldown judder.
                        Is this a known issue? (openelec or kernel)
                        I've seen the same issues mentioned on some other Amlogic Openelec fora, but never found a real answer.
                        I don't see any problems with 23.976 content on Amlogic S802-based boxes. With "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" option enabled it should play 23.976 videos just fine.

Comment

I don't see any problems with 23.976 content on Amlogic S802-based boxes. With "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" option enabled it should play 23.976 videos just fine.
                          Thanks for the reply.
                          Output is set to Adjust display refresh rate, and the switch to 23.976 goes as it should. Just every few minutes it looks like a few frames are duplicated, as if something is trying to sync the stream. I'll make a video to show the issue.

Comment

It is not possible to run APKs on this firmware. It is not Android.
                            Ok. I'm assuming it's because of openelec and not kodi? Obviously on my s5 I am able to run apk through kodi.... Or does that just pop open what I already have on my phone? If I can't do this, do u know of a distro that could accomplish sucj a task?

Comment

Most likely will be relased just after mainline OE 6.0.1 will be released (at the beginning of the January).
                              Hello,

Did you release this update? Because I don't find it in the first post

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by faresqc View Post

Hello,

Did you release this update? Because I don't find it in the first post

Thank you
                                I don't think he has but would like the update to be able to download the the simple pvr client from the openelec repository, which is not possible on 6,0 as the repo url is wrong

Comment

Working...
                                X