Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] OpenELEC for Amlogic-based TV boxes (M8, MXQ, TV110, MX2/G18)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gtvdev View Post
    On several of my M8 devices, it shows a black screen with the M8 logo in it. Audio works fine. Same video with software decoding enabled instead of hardware decoding works but not very smoothly.

Are there any changes that have to be made to the Kodi or OpenELEC configuration for it to run on all TVs? The devices i am testing on are in Europe. Any options you would suggest i try changing to see if it makes a difference?

Thanks.
    What content do you play? What video codec?

Comment

Originally posted by codesnake View Post
      What content do you play? What video codec?
      Video streams, even from the Genesis addon. Video codec is H264.

Comment

Video streams, even from the Genesis addon. Video codec is H264.
        I don't know, I don't have any problems with H264 HW decoding, and it seems others too. What logo do you see during playback? pls take a photo.

Comment

I don't know, I don't have any problems with H264 HW decoding, and it seems others too. What logo do you see during playback? pls take a photo.
          Thanks for replying. Here;

Comment

Can you send an video URL to reproduce the issue?

Comment

A buddy of mine sent me photo of the M8 logo in the middle of the screen while a movie was playing. I never seen that before. Plus this was on a G Box Q.

Comment

Sent via PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slikmik View Post
                  thanks for your effort.
                  but when i try to play something it just displays the m8 s802 logo
                  sound is there , tried all various settings in video acceleration still nogo
                  slikmik also appears to be having the same issue.
                  Last edited by gtvdev; 03-01-2015, 13:51.

Comment

I have see that have a new 5.0.5 openelec with kodi 14.2 stable,in openelec forum.

Comment

I've noticed on the Russian forums that many people are having issues with HDMI-CEC working, causing the TV's Power-Off to Power-Save the OpenElec box.

However, the TV's Power-ON does *not* restore the OpenElec box.

Again, this is documented on the Russian forums, but I do not speak Russian.

I also read that someone has added an option to the Kodi menu that allows CEC to be enabled/disabled, but I don't see that either.

I am running v5.0.3 for the Amlogic s802 and still have this issue.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

Comment

Originally posted by wpb View Post
                        I've noticed on the Russian forums that many people are having issues with HDMI-CEC working, causing the TV's Power-Off to Power-Save the OpenElec box.
                        It is not an issue, it is by design.

However, the TV's Power-ON does *not* restore the OpenElec box.
                        As far as I know Amlogic SOCs don't support CEC poweron.

Again, this is documented on the Russian forums, but I do not speak Russian.

I also read that someone has added an option to the Kodi menu that allows CEC to be enabled/disabled, but I don't see that either.

I am running v5.0.3 for the Amlogic s802 and still have this issue.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

Comment

I have exactly the same issue with 5.0.3. Didn't have it with 4.9.3.

This is on an M8N pcb v1.00

Genesis -> Walking Dead -> S05E11 -> Ororo stream. It's the same with all videos ofcourse.
                          Even on Dim screensaver, i see the M8 logo on the upper left part of the screen.

EDIT: This does not happen with software acceleration.

Comment

Hi codesnake, could you take a look on this issue/feature and give quick impressions ? https://github.com/codesnake/OpenELEC.tv/issues/47

Thanks for your work !

Comment

Power On with remote doesn`t work

Hello I´m new here,

i have the Beelink M8 8GB Version with 2GB Ram and i flashed the OpenELEC-Amlogic.M8.arm-5.0.3.zip. All works fine. But i can`t power on the box with the remote only with the button at the box.

Does anyone have a solution for it?

THX

Comment

Originally posted by kaerichi View Post
                                Hello I´m new here,

i have the Beelink M8 8GB Version with 2GB Ram and i flashed the OpenELEC-Amlogic.M8.arm-5.0.3.zip. All works fine. But i can`t power on the box with the remote only with the button at the box.

Does anyone have a solution for it?

THX

I have the same problem also with a M8 player. All work fine, using the TV's RC, except for the power on function.

The nice solution would be to map a key on the RC to power on the M8, but I don't have the knowledge for this, so I just used a simple noobish approach:
                                - buy usb to power 5V , 5,5mm adaptor and power the M8 from one of the TV's usb ports, or
                                - buy a remote controlled power outlet and plug the M8 in it, so it can be powered on/of from there.

Both solutions work well and either of them will do till I'll find someone able to map my RC.

Comment

Working...
                                X