Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] OpenELEC for Amlogic-based TV boxes (M8, MXQ, TV110, MX2/G18)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by codesnake View Post
    Unfortunately I don't know what causes the problem on your box. It is basically the same AML-8726MX G18REF.
    Indeed it is. I know you can;t tell the reason, i was thinking maybe you know what proceses run when KODI screen shows. but i guess this is part of OpenELEC, not your code.
    Thanks for your work. Waiting for 5.0.5
    NEVER believe in chinese promises.

Comment

PS would be great if you took IR remote control files from VITMOD image and put them here

Comment

Originally posted by iam View Post
        @Codesnake - does your builds for other than WETEK players include wetek made fixes? I read that "they" fixed 23.97 fps problem, and some other, like proper deinterlacing.
        Yes, include.
        @codesnake i still have issues with with 23,976 files, can you please test this senario

Play 23,976 from start gives me:
        OpenELECM8:~ # cat /sys/class/display/mode
        1080p24hz
        Playback is not smooth and frame skips

Play 23,976 video and then skip forward gives me:

1080p23hz

Do you guys see the same ?

Edit, if i skip forward after i start the movie it switches to 23hz. But never on start of movie
        Last edited by Jönke; 03-05-2015, 10:08.

Comment

can me update the librtmp? I have problems with rtmp stream
          Thz

Comment

Originally posted by Jönke View Post
            @codesnake i still have issues with with 23,976 files, can you please test this senario

Play 23,976 with subtitles enabled from start gives me:
            1080p24hz
            Playback is not smooth and frame skips

Play 23,976 with subtitles disabled from start gives me:

1080p23hz

Do you guys see the same ?

edit, seems like it is a hit and miss to get 1080p23hz working, many times i get 1080p24hz. With or without subtitles

good for you, i use other images cause this one doesnt work on my g18ref_th12 box.. my images shows FPS from 20 to 32 when original should be 23.97

Also 24 is closer to truth not 23. cause 23.97 is almost 24, not 23.
            Last edited by iam; 03-04-2015, 07:58.

Comment

Xunity Aurora Tv Box with OpenELEC

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone can help me.

This is my first post and just joined your forum.

I bought an Xunity Aurora Tv Box and think I have deleted the software which was originally on the system.

Is there anyway I can re-install the OpenElec onto the box.

Any HELP would be Graet.

Cheers

Johnny

Comment

Originally posted by gtvdev View Post
                I will check and get back to you within the next 2 hours.

Thanks
                @codesnake, this is weird... i compiled again and now it works.
                Last edited by gtvdev; 03-05-2015, 22:43.

Comment

I tried playing a blu ray iso file in this version of openelec on my M8 and it doesn't really work. Is there a way to make it work properly and fluent ?

Thank you.
                  Last edited by Kiralina; 03-04-2015, 20:05.

Comment

@codesnake, this is weird... i compiled again and now hw decoding works.
                    Ok maybe it's a naive question, but how can i compile it as well? Or do you have a working installation .zip file i can use? Did you have the hw decoding issue (displaying the S802 logo during playback) on an M8N ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiralina View Post
                      I tried playing a blu ray iso file in this version of openelec on my M8 and it doesn't really work. Is there a way to make it work properly and fluent ?

Thank you.
                      What video codec?

Comment

@codesnake, this is weird... i compiled again and now hw decoding works.

Also, one more thing;

It is possible to make it so the PVR client can refresh the list every few hours? Currently it can be an issue to reboot the device being used every few hours to see new content. Also, one some devices where kodi loads the network AFTER it is in the kodi interface, PVR client doesn't load the m3u list (even when wait for network is enabled at max setting - 60 seconds);

--
                        00:00:03 T:2902455360 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Couldn't resolve host name(6)
                        00:00:03 T:2902455360 ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Connect, didn't get any data from stream.
                        00:00:03 T:2902455360 ERROR: Open - failed to open source <http://LINKTOFILE.m3u>
                        00:00:03 T:2902455360 ERROR: AddOnLog: PVR GlobalTV Live TV: Unable to load playlist file 'http://LINKTOFILE.m3u': file is missing or empty.
                        --

Could this be a curl issue?

Thanks.
                        Channel list refresh depends from the PVR addon you use. I use tvheadend pvr client and channel list gets refreshed automatically when I add or remove channels in tvheadend.
                        The problem with M3U loading on stratup appears most likely because PVR addon tries to load M3U file while network connection is still not available.

Comment

What video codec?
                          I don't know the video codec, or where to look for it. I'll look if you'll tell me where. Android (kitkat) Kodi played it. The file is labeled as 1080p.BluRay.AVC.DTS-HD.MA.5.1-HD

Comment

Originally posted by Kiralina View Post

Thank you.
                            What means "it doesn't really work"? Does it show any errors or what? Also please send the Kodi log for troubleshooting (desirable with debug enabled).

Comment

What means "it doesn't really work"? Does it show any errors or what? Also please send the Kodi log for troubleshooting (desirable with debug enabled).
                              It shows no errors, but plays like in slow motion. I'll look for the kodi log.

Comment

Hi,

I notice in the OP the line

MXQ with Amlogic S805 SoC - coming soon

Is there a date for this or has it actually been released. Really interested to give openelec a go on this box.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X