Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] OpenELEC for Amlogic-based TV boxes (M8, MXQ, TV110, MX2/G18)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

aurora tv box bricked

Hi there, this is my first posr. I was told that my brand new aurora tv box is bricked. I only bought the box 3 weeks ago. Is it possible to fix the box or is it for the bin.. I hope someone can help me as the box cost me £134. Thanks johnny

Comment

Originally posted by gray198 View Post
        trying to update and have got the android screen up with list rebbot system /apply updates etc but cannot move cursor down to apply update from ext. What do I do??? Tried ordinary remote/wireless keyboard and Yatze app on phone

thanks
        Gray, was the USB for wireless keyboard plugged in whilst loading box into recovery mode? I had similar problem and for me worked only with wireless keyboard...Try also with usb mouse ...and wipe data/factory reset at least one time before updating to openelec.
        Last edited by DespeRado; 03-08-2015, 08:12.

Comment

Originally posted by DespeRado View Post
          Gray, was the USB for wireless keyboard plugged in whilst loading box into recovery mode? I had similar problem and for me worked only with wireless keyboard...Try also with usb mouse ...and wipe data/factory reset at least one time before updating to openelec.
          Hi M8 no the wireless usb was not in .I have tried usb mouse (2 in fact) but it still won't move. I have tried my wireless keyboard but that doesn't work

regards

Comment

tried ordinary usb keyboard but that doesn't work either

Comment

sorted now. Unplugged and rebooted and all is well. Think i got files wrong, so will have another go

Comment

file format

Hi I want to install openelec on my M8 box. I have had one go but didn't work as I think I may have got files on wrong. I downloaded file from first post this one

Is this the right file, and if so how do I extract and use it. Sorry if this is a bit basic but I am struggling a bit with it

thanks gray

Comment

Originally posted by gray198 View Post
                  Hi I want to install openelec on my M8 box. I have had one go but didn't work as I think I may have got files on wrong. I downloaded file from first post this one

Is this the right file, and if so how do I extract and use it. Sorry if this is a bit basic but I am struggling a bit with it

thanks gray
                  Yes, that's right file.
                  Extract it, there will be 3 files, copy files to formatted SD card and insert it into the box. Use toothpick method to enter into recovery mode. If update does not start itself, choose update from external>>sd card>>choose zip file (don't remember exact name of it)...this should work...
                  Don't forget to wipe data/factory reset before updating to openelec...

Comment

desperado,
                    thanks m8 Have sorted it now. I had previously made the mistake of not extracting the 3 files and instead putting on the whole folder. You live and learn. I'm afraid I did not delete the data as you said. I had done it before I read your post. What effect will that have??

thanks

Comment

I think I'm simply going to give up on the MX2 devices and OE. I just had another instance where it won't boot past the OE boot screen and it was running the latest 5.0.3 update. I'm not sure whether this issue is hardware or software related but it's instability is starting to become annoying. Does anyone have these boot issues with the quad core versions?

Comment

Originally posted by wpb View Post
                        Regarding the stock Amlogic behavior (which is driven by the software enabling it):
                        The Amlogic boxes do indeed support *exactly* the type of feature I'm requesting. Here's how to see that feature first-hand. Under the stock "Mediabox" launcher (with the stock Android ROM) that ships with 90% of these Amlogic boxes, follow this menu:

... Settings > Display > CEC Control

You'll see a screen that looks like this:

Here's the beauty of this feature: You can disable "One Key Power Off" yet you can keep the remote commands for things like the D-Pad.

By disabling "One Key Power Off", the box will remain running when the TV shuts down. Yet if you leave the other features enabled, you can still use the other benefits of CEC! Awesome, right?
                        @Codesnake, did this make sense / did you happen to find any option to disable CEC; or at least, CEC-power toggle?

Comment

Originally posted by noosk View Post
                          I think I'm simply going to give up on the MX2 devices and OE. I just had another instance where it won't boot past the OE boot screen and it was running the latest 5.0.3 update. I'm not sure whether this issue is hardware or software related but it's instability is starting to become annoying. Does anyone have these boot issues with the quad core versions?
                          I haven't had it with the quad core. But seen it plenth of times on the MX2. What has worked for me is to wait at least 30 seconds after I power off the MX2 before I turn it back on. If you power it off with the remote when you have no other option ( maybe because of a frozen screen ) you can not power it back on right away or it will mostly likey get stuck on splash screen.

Comment

Originally posted by noosk View Post
                            I find the mx2 very stable on openelec never had an issue and I loaded it on a bunch of them so far.Must be the type of mx2 you have ive come to find theres bad ones and good ones

Comment

Originally posted by piperider View Post
                              I find the mx2 very stable on openelec never had an issue and I loaded it on a bunch of them so far.Must be the type of mx2 you have ive come to find theres bad ones and good ones
                              I have had this issue repeatedly and also thought the cause might be turning the box off and on immediately after.
                              A while ago I tried a different install method.
                              Instead of installing Android 1.1.6 I used the bootloop recovery method described on the Matricom wiki before installing codesnake's openelec build.
                              Never had to recover again, and I really tried putting it down :-).
                              I still turn off the box with the ir remote and power on right away. Boots every time...

(Long story short: I think it might be the install method rather than hardware..)

Comment

Originally posted by wpb View Post
                                @Codesnake, did this make sense / did you happen to find any option to disable CEC; or at least, CEC-power toggle?
                                I do not use these features but still think it' s valid question.
                                Don't know if it's doable in openelec, though..

Comment

Working...
                                X