Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] OpenELEC for Amlogic-based TV boxes (M8, MXQ, TV110, MX2/G18)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by codesnake View Post
    We are talking about square M8 box (like the following: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/M8-An...243963645.html). You have different one.
    You are right my s802 is an Beelink M8

Comment

BTW orginal remote DOES WORK to power on the box that was powered off by CEC.
      @Codesnake, I appreocate what you are saying, but unfortunately that's not the case in every situation.

I cannot get the remote to work with your 5.0.3 or any earlier build.

I've even flashed back to the original MediaLink ROM, just to make sure something didn't happen to the remote.

I have the round M8 Amlink s802 box with the remote:

But more importantly, I still don't see why it would be "by design" that the box *intentionally* powers-off, when CEC-power-on is not supported.

Why not just let Kodi do it's job and let Kodi put the box into power-save based on the user's setup. Then, if the user prefers to disable power-save, they're welcome to do so. Much more flexible.

Also, there is mention on the Russian forums of there being an option to disable CEC in the Kodi menus, but I have not been able to find it. Are you familiar with that thread?

Comment

5.0.3 version freezes my MX2 box

Hi Codesnake

So far I have been using version 4.2.1 on my MX2 box without any problems. I have updated to 5.0.3 but this somehowes makes my box freeze on the bootscreen with a distorted picture. I wiped the box and installed 5.0.3 from scratch. Same result.

Tried another box, same problems. Hope you can solve this.

For the record. Went back to 4.2.1 and everything is working fine again on both boxes.
        Last edited by handroid; 03-02-2015, 07:12.

Comment

Originally posted by wpb View Post
          @Codesnake, I appreocate what you are saying, but unfortunately that's not the case in every situation.

I cannot get the remote to work with your 5.0.3 or any earlier build.

I've even flashed back to the original MediaLink ROM, just to make sure something didn't happen to the remote.

I have the round M8 Amlink s802 box with the remote:

But more importantly, I still don't see why it would be "by design" that the box *intentionally* powers-off, when CEC-power-on is not supported.

Why not just let Kodi do it's job and let Kodi put the box into power-save based on the user's setup. Then, if the user prefers to disable power-save, they're welcome to do so. Much more flexible.

Also, there is mention on the Russian forums of there being an option to disable CEC in the Kodi menus, but I have not been able to find it. Are you familiar with that thread?
          As I replied in my previous message, we are talking about square M8 box (like the following: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/M8-An...243963645.html). You have different one.
          And no, I'm not familiar with the Russian forum you referring in each your post.

Comment

t8 box / logo

hi guys! how to change boot logo M8 on T8??
            Ps. Codesnake Good Job!

Comment

Hello Codesnake,

Thanks for your work.
              Last edited by gtvdev; 03-05-2015, 22:47.

Comment

As I replied in my previous message, we are talking about square M8 box (like the following: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/M8-An...243963645.html). You have different one.
                And no, I'm not familiar with the Russian forum you referring in each your post.
                Yes, I know you were referring to the square box, but you specifically told me that the original remote works, in response to my post that it does not. I was just clarifying that I have the round box and, like you have stated, the original remote does not work for me with this version.

This compounds the problem that CEC is *supported* for power-save, but *not supported* for power-restore.

If it were setup to allow Kodi to do it's job and go into Power-save based on the user settings, it would solve this issue.

The Russian forum is the one based on the original OpenElec builds for the Amlogic devices. I assumed you were familiar with it because your builds follow theirs and I thought you were one-in-the-same.

If you're interested, you can view the post on all AmLogic builds here:

They are releasing 5.0.5 tonight, it appears.

Comment

Yes, I know you were referring to the square box, but you specifically told me that the original remote works, in response to my post that it does not. I was just clarifying that I have the round box and, like you have stated, the original remote does not work for me with this version.

This compounds the problem that CEC is *supported* for power-save, but *not supported* for power-restore.

If it were setup to allow Kodi to do it's job and go into Power-save based on the user settings, it would solve this issue.

The Russian forum is the one based on the original OpenElec builds for the Amlogic devices. I assumed you were familiar with it because your builds follow theirs and I thought you were one-in-the-same.

I believe this is the same thing except in English.

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                    I believe this is the same thing except in English.
                    http://amlinux.ru/image/
                    That's the actual binary builds.

The post I had linked is the actual forum post supporting those builds. The forum post I linked points directly to this same URL, specific to which Amlogic chipset you're seeking.

Comment

That's the actual binary builds.

The post I had linked is the actual forum post supporting those builds. The forum post I linked points directly to this same URL, specific to which Amlogic chipset you're seeking.
                      Thanks for the clarification, but I don't read Russian and Chrome did not translate for me. I am using my Android box to read and reply to these post.
                      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

If you know how it should be done, please do.

I think this will be a surprise for you, but the guy on Russian forum follows my work, and I'm the one who did original work of porting OE to Amlogic, and not vice versa.
                        Last edited by codesnake; 03-02-2015, 07:46.

Comment

If you have the round M8 you also have another remote than square M8. Therefore your remote does not work. Regardless if it's the original one for your box.
                          You should use S82 builds from the Russian thread. Then your remote will work.

I don't use CEC anymore but in older builds I know that if I've powered on the box my TV also got powered on. I don't know why the box should boot if you just power on the TV. If have have several other CEC devices then should they all get powered on? The TV don't know which device you want to use if you just hit the power button. So it's intend is to power on the device and then TV.
                          It makes only sense for me if you have some CEC TV settings where you can declare which devices should get powered on when TV starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tepp View Post
                            Hi,

After upgrade to v5.0.3 I noticed some "burst of freezes" during video playback on the M8N TV Box. It looks like slow motion video for 2-3 seconds, with random appearance several times during a movie. Otherwise the playback is smooth. Tried to re-flash the image from scratch (zip file), but the problem persists. There was no such freezes on v4.97.3.

I have following settings in video playback section:
                            "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" = "Always"
                            "Sync playback to display" = Off (also tried On with several A/V sync methods)

Best regards, Tepp.
                            I've also experienced such stuttering playing 23.976 videos on Codesnake's 5.0.3. Do not know why but no freezes at all on Kerber's 5.0.3 build.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeD View Post
                              If you have the round M8 you also have another remote than square M8. Therefore your remote does not work. Regardless if it's the original one for your box.
                              You should use S82 builds from the Russian thread. Then your remote will work.

I don't use CEC anymore but in older builds I know that if I've powered on the box my TV also got powered on. I don't know why the box should boot if you just power on the TV. If have have several other CEC devices then should they all get powered on? The TV don't know which device you want to use if you just hit the power button. So it's intend is to power on the device and then TV.
                              It makes only sense for me if you have some CEC TV settings where you can declare which devices should get powered on when TV starts.
                              THX the s82 works for my beelink m8 round box. Remote and cec works fine -

Comment

Is it possible to make a remote.conf for Mce remote to use with internal ir on Amlogic box ?

Comment

Working...
                                X