Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] OpenELEC for Amlogic-based TV boxes (M8, MXQ, TV110, MX2/G18)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jönke
    Is the 23,976 fix in "your builds" ?

Cant get it to switch to 23hz anymore

Play 23,976 video gives me:
    OpenELECM8:~ # cat /sys/class/display/mode
    1080p24hz
    Playback is not smooth and frame skips

Will try a clean install soon

Edit, if i skip forward after i start the movie it switches to 23hz. But never on start of movie
    1080p24hz
    make a skip:
    1080p23hz

Seems to be M8N issue only, dont have the issue on CX-S806S (s812)

Codesnake do you think it can be solved ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jönke View Post
      Seems to be M8N issue only, dont have the issue on CX-S806S (s812)

Codesnake do you think it can be solved ?
      I have 1080p23hz just after I start any 23.976 movie on my M8 with OE 5.0.5.

Comment

Originally posted by Animal View Post
        Hi,

I notice in the OP the line

MXQ with Amlogic S805 SoC - coming soon

Is there a date for this or has it actually been released. Really interested to give openelec a go on this box.

Cheers
        If you have a Beelink MXQ box, you may want to look at this thread: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?23009

This is a fork of Codesnake's OpenELEC that runs on MXQ.

Comment

Originally posted by codesnake View Post
          1080p23Hz from system doesn't necessarily mean that the output will be 23.976. From the testings that I have done on Minix X8-H, I have seen that the refresh rate doesn't actually change to 23.976 when the default display refresh rate is set to 1080p24. It does change from 1080p60 or 1080p50. This is the same case with Minix Android firmware.

Comment

this all madness about few frames after some time is just funny.
            Who cares those frames? if your movie is in 24fps and your cpu shows as 23, 22... - it still near target. if it would show as 17fps - than we have a problem
            NEVER believe in chinese promises.

Comment

OE 5.0.5 ??? Will we get it ?

Comment

Ok, can you share your build?

Originally posted by WeK05 View Post
                1080p23Hz from system doesn't necessarily mean that the output will be 23.976. From the testings that I have done on Minix X8-H, I have seen that the refresh rate doesn't actually change to 23.976 when the default display refresh rate is set to 1080p24. It does change from 1080p60 or 1080p50. This is the same case with Minix Android firmware.
                I´m always running kodi @50hz and my M8N changes to 24 hz when i start a 23,976 movie, to get 23hz i have to skip forward then it changes to 23hz.

Originally posted by iam View Post
                this all madness about few frames after some time is just funny.
                Who cares those frames? if your movie is in 24fps and your cpu shows as 23, 22... - it still near target. if it would show as 17fps - than we have a problem
                If you want smooth 23,976 it does ! You cant run 23,976 fps @24hz without notice slowdowns.

Comment

Ok, can you share your build?

I´m always running kodi @50hz and my M8N changes to 24 hz when i start a 23,976 movie, to get 23hz i have to skip forward then it changes to 23hz.

If you want smooth 23,976 it does ! You cant run 23,976 fps @24hz without notice slowdowns.
                  if you run at 23 than it will be faster? oh you people funny... trying to make us believe your eye (brain) can see one frame difference in a while? oh please. If frame rate is constant not jumping from 20 to 24 - then i can bet - you wont see anything.

Comment

Please , stay away if you dont see difference of 23,976 movie running @ wrong hz (24hz) Of course i want 23,976 and not 23hz (but 23hz is = 23,976 on these builds)
                    Im not talking of kodi codec info . I'm talking about ssh cat info of current output. And yes i see the slowdowns (and Nuc & my Rpi dont have the issue) so please let us talk about a fix and not bother to bad talk about 23,976 vs 24. Thanks !

Comment

Please , stay away if you dont see difference of 23,976 movie running @ wrong hz (24hz) Of course i want 23,976 and not 23hz (but 23hz is = 23,976 on these builds)
                      Im not talking of kodi codec info . I'm talking about ssh cat info of current output. And yes i see the slowdowns so please let us talk about a fix and not bother to bad talk about 23,976 vs 24. Thanks !
                      believe me - you don't talk here about herz. If your tv would show movie in 23 hz - you wont be able to see it tv shows in 120 / 200 hz. We talk here about frame rate.
                      If you don't want such problems - upgrade your shit, cause i and everybody else dont see any slowdowns. Unless you are prodigy who's brain knows how movie should run and how it runs in reality. We don't. I don't hear any slowdown in audio or video.

if your video runs at 23fps instead of 23.976 this means you lose 1 frame almost every second. So you telling us you can feel 1 missing image from almost 24 images who shows up in 1 sec?
                      Anyone else with such prodigy skills? I think you have to be producer with 40 years of work to notice such small loss in frames. 1/24th of loss.

Comment

Originally posted by adamanth View Post
                        I've also experienced such stuttering playing 23.976 videos on Codesnake's 5.0.3. Do not know why but no freezes at all on Kerber's 5.0.3 build.
                        I can confirm that.

Comment

Please read again! On my m8n plays 23,976 @24 fps and not at 23,976 fps. In 5.0.3 there was a fix for this that works on my other Amlogic player but not my m8n.
                          If you have this working it SSH cat should say 23hz, if not then ssh cat says 24hz. So not talking about tv Hz here.

Comment

Are there really movies or videos in 24fps instead of 23,976fps? I always thought 23,976fps = 24fps, it's just rounded up. Never saw any TV specifications that stated to support 23,976p, only saw 24p.
                            I also can't see any stuttering or slow downs in OpenELEC amlogic builds.

Comment

Issues with Codesnake's build 5.0.3 on M8N TV Box

This is summary of issues found in Codesnake's build 5.0.3 on M8N TV Box:

1. [high] Bursts of stuttering playback (h264) as described in previous post #1496
                              2. [high] Micro freezes on 23.976 content (h264). Possibly drop/dup frames due to FR mismatch.
                              3. [high] Out of sync audio after audio track change. Does not re-sync back with Pause/Play.
                              4. [med] Stuttering playback of VC1 and WMV content. Looks like slow motion. Possibly HW decoding issue.
                              5. [low] USB HDD does not mount after long sleep. Require reboot.

Note: First three issues not present in Kerber's s82 5.0.3. build.

Hope these issues will be resolved in next release(s).

Regards, Tepp.
                              Last edited by Tepp; 03-09-2015, 21:55.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeD View Post
                                Are there really movies or videos in 24fps instead of 23,976fps? I always thought 23,976fps = 24fps, it's just rounded up. Never saw any TV specifications that stated to support 23,976p, only saw 24p.
                                I also can't see any stuttering or slow downs in OpenELEC amlogic builds.
                                Some (few?) europen/swedish movies is 24 and not 23,976.

For non belivers:
                                There is a video clip with moving bars running in 23,976 and you easy see the slowdowns when played wrong at 24 fps. Runs perfect when played at 23,976 . Google moving bars test or i can share it later

Comment

Working...
                                X