Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] OpenELEC for Amlogic-based TV boxes (M8, MXQ, TV110, MX2/G18)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone have a fix for pvr simple client don't work well.

Comment

Originally posted by elgrego View Post
      Hi all, after reading this and many other threads i'm still unsure of what I can install. I have the M8N android box, what is the latest I can install as it seems different to the M8. I only ever use kodi on my box so not much need for the rest of the android stuff.
      Why don't you try installing the latest M8 version?

You can backup with TWRP.

Comment

Originally posted by jeep52 View Post
        Someone have a fix for pvr simple client don't work well.
        Try this:

Code:
        [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace]sudo cp -r /usr/share/xbmc/addons/pvr.iptvsimple /usr/share/kodi/addons/[/FONT][/COLOR]
        Code:
        [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace]sudo cp -r /usr/lib/xbmc/addons/pvr.iptvsimple /usr/lib/kodi/addons/[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Can anybody shed any light on this?

Its a box that somebodies returned to me, I'm going to reflash it anyway, but was just curious.

Thanks

Comment

No Audio output over 3.5mm jack plug..

@ Codesnake : Thank you for your nice work

Thank you for this great software for my M8 Box.. so far most things working fine.. but i have one little problem..
            For some reason i cannot get the audio from the 3.5mm jack plug.. the reason i need this is because i use a small pc speaker system..
            The box does send audio over hdmi to the tv but this sound is not nice so i want to send it to my speaker system..
            My bad luck is my tv has no audio output..
            So is there a way to enable the audio out on the 3.5mm jack??

I also found out when play music the screensaver OpenGL Spectum is running fast and slow.. so not running stable..

Regards Osdieman

Comment

Originally posted by osdieman View Post
              @ Codesnake : Thank you for your nice work

Thank you for this great software for my M8 Box.. so far most things working fine.. but i have one little problem..
              For some reason i cannot get the audio from the 3.5mm jack plug.. the reason i need this is because i use a small pc speaker system..
              The box does send audio over hdmi to the tv but this sound is not nice so i want to send it to my speaker system..
              My bad luck is my tv has no audio output..
              So is there a way to enable the audio out on the 3.5mm jack??

I also found out when play music the screensaver OpenGL Spectum is running fast and slow.. so not running stable..

Regards Osdieman
              same as me nothing from av output. I ordered a small usb sound card with 3.5 jack, will update the post when i'll receive it.

Comment

OpenELEC 5.0.3

OpenELEC 5.0.3 for Amlogic-based TV-boxes is available now. See the first post in this topic for more details.

Comment

Originally posted by codesnake View Post
                  OpenELEC 5.0.3 for Amlogic-based TV-boxes is available now. See the first post in this topic for more details.

Great work as always codesnake, could you tell us some of the major changes to the new builds as the front page is somewhat lacking. Appreciate the time you put into this.

Comment

Awsome... thank you

Comment

Thanks codesnake many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by teleast View Post
                        Great work as always codesnake, could you tell us some of the major changes to the new builds as the front page is somewhat lacking. Appreciate the time you put into this.
                        Too much changes to enumerate

Comment

[ROM] OpenELEC for Amlogic-based TV boxes (M8, MXQ, TV110, MX2/G18)

Originally posted by codesnake View Post
                          Thank you very much, your work is greatly appreciated, two questions, can I upgrade directly from your last stable on the M8 K200? Will the remote config be retained?

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the update!

I'm still having a wired network issue with the M8 device, even with this new update. I'll power it on and will be connected to the network for about 5 mins and then drop. I notice that on my switch, the port that the M8 is connected to will pulse, meaning that I'll see the port lights and then none and then port lights and then none which will keep cycling like this. I can get it to work again by powering off the M8 and then back on and that seems to fix the network connection until I power it off for a longer period of time, and then back to the cycling. I've tried a bunch of different settings with no change. Can someone point me in the right direction in attempting to fix this? My MX device does not do this...

Comment

Many thanks codesnake ☺

Comment

Originally posted by barnesy91 View Post
                                Can anybody shed any light on this?

Its a box that somebodies returned to me, I'm going to reflash it anyway, but was just curious.

Thanks

Hi,
                                I think many users encountered this issue at some point.

At first, i thought it was the result of using the hardware (remote) button to poweroff. As a test,though i am turning the box off this way every time and it doesn't show the issue anymore.
                                What made the difference in my case i believe is not installing a Matricom Android Firmware (i always grabbed 1.1.6), but rather use the boot-recovery image (u-boot) and flash that.
                                The process is clearly described on the matricom wiki.

The new Matricom Wiki page is coming soon!

Since i have done it this way i never got that stop-screen again...

\edit. Link added.
                                Last edited by IMFan; 02-17-2015, 20:12.

Comment

Working...
                                X