Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] OpenELEC for Amlogic-based TV boxes (M8, MXQ, TV110, MX2/G18)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freko106 View Post

I found the original stock firmware for my mx box ,could you please tell me how I can get the box to bootup now as it does nothing and shows nnothing on the screen.
    PLEASE HELP ASAP/
    Freko106

If you keep holding the power button, will it start (without letting it go)?

Comment

I tried holding the power on button on the remote but it did not switch it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Freko106 View Post
        I tried holding the power on button on the remote but it did not switch it on.
        @freko106

I meant the device's power button

Comment

Originally posted by codesnake View Post
          [*]for updating the exisiting installations: https://github.com/codesnake/OpenELE....arm-6.0.0.tar[*]for new installations from recovery:
          Just curious if your M8 tar and zip will work on the official Matricom MXQ (with K200). I read a few pages above you are not currently supporting the MXQ, but it was unclear if it was this MXQ, or the MXQ listed with HD18g. I am guessing the latter since you listed an MXQ with an Amlogic S805 SoC on your first post (that is not the Matricom G-Box MXQ).

To note: I am currently using the M8 versions found on 'http://www.amlinux.ru/image/6.0.0/ on my Matricom G-Box MXQ. Might your M8 link and their's be the same?
          Last edited by inameiname; 12-09-2015, 11:38.

Comment

Originally posted by inameiname View Post

Just curious if your M8 tar and zip will work on the official Matricom MXQ (with K200). I read a few pages above you are not currently supporting the MXQ, but it was unclear if it was this MXQ, or the MXQ listed with HD18g. I am guessing the latter since you listed an MXQ with an Amlogic S805 SoC on your first post (that is not the Matricom G-Box MXQ).

To note: I am currently using the M8 versions found on 'http://www.amlinux.ru/image/6.0.0/ on my Matricom G-Box MXQ. Might your M8 link and there's be the same?

those are Kerbers builds and they are different.

Comment

Originally posted by Duke View Post

those are Kerbers builds and they are different.

Ok, thanks. Do you happen to know what is different between them? Perhaps which works better? Also, regardless of their differences, if Kerbers' M8 build works on my Matricom G-Box MXQ, do you think Codesnake's would as well?

Comment

Ok, thanks. Do you happen to know what is different between them? Perhaps which works better? Also, regardless of their differences, if Kerbers' M8 build works on my Matricom G-Box MXQ, do you think Codesnake's would as well?

not sure i dont have that device, i do know they are different, not sure on the differences or the compatibility with your device, if your interested in doing some research on kerbers version check xbmc.ru or http://amlinux.ru/image/6.0.0/ (use google translate,lol) but since this is codesnakes thread thats all a bit off topic, it does look like theres a build for your box tho

Comment

Anything new about updated 6.0?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Yes they both do. Kerbers has 4 cores working with very low cpu usage and Codesnakes has 2 cores working ( which might just be governored ) with higher CPU usage

Comment

Hi. First post and total Noob!

Not particularly knowledgeable on this subject. Managed to install OpenELEC on my MX2 some months ago. Worked awesome. Made minor changes to network (changed ISPs), then had all sorts of add-on errors in Kodi.

Figured an update was due. Found these links and tried install. System destabilised entirely (see attached screen shot). Worked like a charm briefly yesterday but every time I restart MX2,i need to reinstall Kodi, configure, etc (start afresh).

Can anyone here please point me to 'The Idiots Guide' to resolve this easily? I'm really missing my telly :-(
                              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hello. How to change M8 remote config? OpenELEC for Amlogic 6.0.0 with Kodi 15.2 Isengard

I tray to put new remote.conf on /storage/.config but after restart nothing change :/
                                Original remote.conf is located at /etc/amremote/remote.conf but i can't change it.

Any idea?

On older version I could do that, and add new button like play, pause...

Comment

Working...
                                X