No announcement yet.

Pipo P4 RileyROM 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow... Flashing this tonight... thanks to the Freaks here, now there is excitement again with my relationship with my mighty P4. And the still kill wait continues for Riley's magic, but this will definitely do for the mean time. Thanks again, Jazz, Bloodgnome and others. Thanks thanks thanks!
    M8pro
    M9pro (current tab)

Comment

Hi, im on 4.4.4.....how can i update for the 5.1? I download the Omã ROM. What is the next step?
      EDIT: i do the flash.... all working now, but i would like to use the parameter 6gb.... how can i do for use it? Here default is 4gb
      EDIT 2: I can now...... parameter 6gb installed..... it works....
      I will test for a days and i will come back here to say about the roms.
      Last edited by hawkdown77; 11-21-2015, 00:54.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodgnome View Post

I tested it and its pretty much the chinese release with some optimizations by Oma7144. It comes already rooted (supersu) and you can install the attached TWRP right after the initial flash.

Xposed still doesn't work (tried the new 78 Build too) and I still get Audio Noise in some Games (Hungry Shark evolution ect.).

Other than that its a nice and fast rom.

Also nice is that it has the rom-parts splited so you can change the parameter file ect. (I changed mine to get 6gb instead of the 4gb Oma has for that firmware).

Would be great if the audio bug would be fixed and a working xposed and we would be good to go
        Hi thanks bloodgnome by the new news Rom Oma 5.1 is good for Pipo P4 I tried yesterday Rome Oma 5.1 is better with SuperSU and improvements, also noticed a little better fluidity of navigation and game with the other Rom China 5.1 Yuan Edge do not know if it's just my impression ..?
        The 6Gb in the apk is good but do not understand how it works, I'm with 4Gb and I think that's enough for me.
        A greeting.
        Last edited by Luis_Juste_Amable; 11-21-2015, 13:42.

Comment

Yap, this rom is almost perfect, and makes me crave for Marshmallow
          M8pro
          M9pro (current tab)

Comment

new CM 12.1 for Pipo P4/P9 is good too, xposed framework work with this rom, i like cynogenmod theme,

Comment

My big problem with that rom.... HDMI does not work.....
              M8pro
              M9pro (current tab)

Comment

Go fabric not yet given me time to test the Oma 5.1 and already grown another with Cianogemod, he is working hard Oma to be in KK 4.4 over a stopped year without updating out all Roms 5.1 of blow and we Riley missing .. That sure will not take what's next .. 6.0 ?? it would be great !! : D

From what I've seen in the screenshots Xposed has worked with several modules, I'm glad a lot, someone tested and can say that this is going in general? It is applicable to 6Gb in flash apk? Cheers

Comment

omas cm 12.1 for P4 (and P9) works well, still has some issues with auto brightness like the modified 5.1.1 rom from Pipo, but the hdmi function doesnt work well, it just shows garbled image on the ext. monitor. The hdmi output from Pipo 5.1.1 rom doesn't do this but there is a problem with screen zooming...

My test so far..

*Storage is unified(only one partition) you'll get more than 10gb free.
                  *Xposed works perfectly (I used the recent xposed v75-sdk22-arm.zip from xda with xposed installer 3.0_alpha4 apk)
                  *CM themes works perfectly from wallpapers to fonts to boot animation etc. (even my facebook app was themed by one of themes from Playstore)
                  *TWRP works (it comes with twrp and cwm in the installer pack)
                  *MX Player works with HW+decoder ( I use V1.8.0 nightly.20151120) non nightly builds of mx player have some issues with cm roms..
                  *Facebook won't login if you use /download a fresh one from Playstore, you must use your back up file+data, ex. Facebook back-up +data from titanium)
                  *Camera output is still yelowish on dark environments ( the one from Pipo 5.1.1 was actually better), but it's not a big deal since this is a tab...
                  *Some apps that force close on Pipo 5.1.1 rom works perfectly on CM 12.1 (for me it was OLX, Zalora etc.)
                  *Some games from playstore which says incompatible with your device on Pipo 5.1.1 now can be installed

*Issues with some apps not installing from either Playstore, Back-up and downloaded apks can be fix by installing Terminal Emulater and entering the following commands...

su (press enter)
                  pm set-install-location 1 (press enter and it's done)

that's all from my test with cm 12.1 still testing for more , I'm keeping this rom for now on my P4, will have to use the tv box for animes and movies for the moment, hopefully they can fix the HDMI issues or maybe Riley can smoothen up the Pipo 5.1.1 rom that would be great
                  Last edited by jastaz23; 11-23-2015, 23:04.
                  Ultra U8 owner

Freaktab fan and PiPO Tablets PH member

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pipotabletsph/

Comment

jastaz23 appreciate your response, thanks for the checks and texting with 12.1 Cm Oma Rom
                    Good news Xposed work well this really am very happy: D The terminal command write it down in case I need, great contribution thanks
                    The bug of automatic brightness and zoom HDMI TV is no problem for me at the moment.
                    I think this week (Saturday) Oma CM12.1 try, anything you can contribute later on autonomy (battery) would be grateful, I have the illusion of the first day (or almost ..) with Pipo P4. The bad thing if his magic shows Riley Rom 5.1 also have to try .. Fuff will not leave the P4 Jajaj

Greetings friend.

Originally posted by jastaz23 View Post
                    omas cm 12.1 for P4 (and P9) works well, still has some issues with auto brightness like the modified 5.1.1 rom from Pipo, but the hdmi function doesnt work well, it just shows garbled image on the ext. monitor. The hdmi output from Pipo 5.1.1 rom doesn't do this but there is a problem with screen zooming...

My test so far..

*Xposed works perfectly (I used the recent xposed v75-sdk22-arm.zip from xda with xposed installer 3.0_alpha4 apk)
                    *CM themes works perfectly from wallpapers to fonts to boot animation etc. (even my facebook app was themed by one of themes from Playstore)
                    *MX Player works with HW+decoder ( I use V1.8.0 nightly.20151120) non nightly builds of mx player have some issues with cm roms..
                    *Facebook won't login if you use /download a fresh one from Playstore, you must use your back up file+data, ex. Facebook back-up +data from titanium)
                    *Camera output is still yelowish on dark environments ( the one from Pipo 5.1.1 was actually better), but it's not a big deal since this is a tab...
                    *Some apps that force close on Pipo 5.1.1 rom works perfectly on CM 12.1 (for me it was OLX, Zalora etc.)
                    *Some games from playstore which says incompatible with your device on Pipo 5.1.1 now can be installed

*Issues with some apps not installing from either Playstore, Back-up and downloaded apks can be fix by installing Terminal Emulater and entering the following commands...

su (press enter)

that's all from my test with cm 12.1 still testing for more , I'm keeping this rom for now on my P4, will have to use the tv box for animes and movies for the moment, hopefully they can fix the HDMI issues or maybe Riley can smoothen up the Pipo 5.1.1 rom that would be great

Comment

HDMI Problems....i wanted to butcher this CM Rom with the kernel from my tvbox R89 (wasser 3.02 Lolipop) but if it leads to no HDMI output than that would suck. Hm....

Comment

GPS is working?

Comment

My test so far..

su (press enter)

Hi, i need SetLinux Permissive but in this CM version Setlinux is Disabled.... How can i enable to permissive mode?

Comment

I instalo cm12.1 pipo p4 but i cannot play videos in netflix. Eternal loading....why?

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkdown77 View Post
                                I instalo cm12.1 pipo p4 but i cannot play videos in netflix. Eternal loading....why?

I can't say for sure, since my ROM's aren't CM12.1...but we did have a lot of trouble with some early Pipo ROM's that did not contain the proper DRM decoder for Netflix. I suspect your problem has to do with the lack of DRM settings.
                                Randy
                                Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X