No announcement yet.

Pipo P4 RileyROM 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello sir Riley, do you know the exact spec detail of the P4's ram? In review and sell sites I've visited made me dizzily confused, some says its DDR3, and others LP DDR2. Thanks again sir.
    M8pro
    M9pro (current tab)

Comment

There is a new post on Pipo FB page, nice, a sign of life.
      M8pro
      M9pro (current tab)

Comment

Finally fixed the battery drop, batter fix and calibration app is all it needs.
        M8pro
        M9pro (current tab)

Comment

Originally posted by Jak View Post
          Finally fixed the battery drop, batter fix and calibration app is all it needs.
          there is/was a battery drop ?

Comment

mine had, but its all ok now.
            M8pro
            M9pro (current tab)

Comment

Finally,I'm having a fantastic time with this rom.
              Here's what I did:
              1. Installed the rom with the fixed TWRP
              2. TWRP, wiped cache and dalvik (now I know how important TWRP is)
              3. Reboot after the first boot.
              4. Installed a Batt Calibrating app and calibrate. And Charged it full for more than 3hours.
              5. Drained the batt to shutdown with some 3d games.
              6. Recharge again.

Now everything is running as it should be, No sudden batt drains, no sleep of death, and the UI is much better.

Looking at the details of this rom's kernel, I think this rom is using the P4R kernel, is it?
              M8pro
              M9pro (current tab)

Comment

Any new news? Hello, anyone out there?
                M8pro
                M9pro (current tab)

Comment

It appears there are no more firmware updates past this one for the P4. So, I'm afraid there isn't anything new to report or produce.
                  Randy
                  Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                  Donate here

Comment

Wishful thinking of a good news... since, well, their FB page is a bit alive.

Btw, does anyone here has any solution for my Asphalt 8: Airborne problem? Tried to the lowest graphic option and the problem persists. On NBA 2k15 P4 FC's.
                    Here's a screen cap of Airborne problem. And yes, though blind, I managed to win... milagro does happen. Help please.
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
                    M8pro
                    M9pro (current tab)

Comment

I cannot watch flash videos.....the screen stay black with no vĂ­deo. Sorry for english. I have a pipo p4

Comment

don''t use chrome browser for flash videos. On UC browser I'm not encountering that problem.
                        M8pro
                        M9pro (current tab)

Comment

Originally posted by Jak View Post
                          don''t use chrome browser for flash videos. On UC browser I'm not encountering that problem.
                          But the problem is an apk not browser. The problem is the apk only use hardware acceleration and pipo p4 only work software acceleration. There some way that i could change this in pipo p4?

Comment

Hey All,

Unfortunately I made a brick from my P4 table
                            It happened when I did an upgrade (it was not my first upgrade)
                            the from state of the upgrade was an OMA rom. I was curious how is an OMA rom is working
                            Not bad, but the latest Riley 2.0.1 is looks better so I wanted to go back.

The following are done:
                            - started the AndroidTool.exe
                            - Switched to Flash mode (Switch button)
                            - Erase the IDB, LowerFormat button
                            - When it finished (Lower formatting) I clicked on the Run. but the first file transfer is failed
                            (I suppose the used usb port could be the guilty or the used usb cable)

the AndroidTool cannot see the P4 any more.

- is there any recovery precess?
                            - if I can turn the P4 to flash mode manually (using some combination of external buttons ) would it be useable? what is the way to switch it to flash mode manually?

Thanks for any help in advance

Best Regards
                            Istvan

Comment

connect it again to your pc and open the flash tool then try hold pressing/press hold both power and reset button (little hole at the back of your P4 with a pin or something that fits) wait till it says connected (or something that goes green on the flash tool, I forgot already lol ), if that doesn't work, I remember reading a thread here about shorting pins inside the tab.... GL.
                              Ultra U8 owner

Freaktab fan and PiPO Tablets PH member

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pipotabletsph/

Comment

I am having trouble with my p4 recently. I am getting garbled text and graphics in chrome and a game like roller coaster tycoon. I tried wiping my data but it had no effect. Would a full wipe with the PC work?anyone else have the same issues? Screenshots attached.

Additional update. Just flashed latest ROM again, added twrp and wiped cache and dalvik, no effect. Could this be a hardware issue?
                                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
                                Last edited by locutus2000; 08-21-2015, 09:06.

Comment

Working...
                                X