Pipo P4 RileyROM 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!

I just received a brand new P4. I started it, ran Antutu and it works just fine.
    To make a long story short, I accidentally flashed it with P1 firmware
    Now it wont start.

Is there a way to flash it again or is it bricked?

A software improvement for "AndroidTool.exe" would be when clicking to open the file browser, the default/startup path should be from where the exec is located and not from history from when it was last used (from when I flashed my P1 in my case)
    Last edited by Teeo; 11-20-2014, 13:51.

Comment

SAVED

I was able to start the tablet with a combination of the buttons vol+ and power. Successfully flashed it and now it is running ..... wont make that mistake again

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        As luck would have it, I received my test P4 today and immediately flash this ROM to it.

The ROM seems to work quite well!!!!!

Unfortunately, I can't get TWRP to work. I tried repacking the TWRP image with the current stock recovery components, but it still won't boot. So if any of you have been unsuccessful in getting TWRP to run...it isn't that you are doing anything wrong...this version of TWRP still needs to be fixed.

Stay tuned for a fix, hopefully soon.
        Hi Randy, what is the status of getting TWRP to work ?

Comment

I haven't gotten back to it. After I tested it on mine...and it didn't work...others reported that it did work for them.
          Randy
          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Hi.

This is my first post and wish to thank you for the RileyROM 2.1.

Just received my P4 today and needed to flash it as for some reason it didn't come rooted and Titanium Backup would not run. Had a little problem with installing drivers in Win7 x64 and ended up having to use the Driver Assistant (DriverInstall.exe). I then had to click update driver in Device Manager and after that all went well. Probably that was because I previously had flashed my M7 pro and had older drivers installed.

On thing I have noticed is that the stock ROM Antutu benchmark was around 39000 and with this ROM its 34144. Slight drop but so far it all seems to be running well and a donation will follow..

Will keep you posted on battery drain.

Edit: PS Where do I find a donation link?

Comment

Just click the donate link in my signature. Thanks for the feedback.

I'm just waiting on another firmware update from Pipo...hopefully soon.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
              Donate here

Comment

Cheers, didn't know I could click on it..now done.

Comment

Your donation is greatly appreciated. I'll make sure it goes to good use...furthering my ROM development.

With everyone's donations, I was able to purchase a P4 to test on.

BTW...has anyone heard of or seen a P4R tablet? I've seen some firmware updates for this tablet...but I don't know much about it. I guess it's an updated model.

If you own a P4R...DO NOT FLASH THIS ROM!!!!!!! Just ask me, and I'll make a new ROM just for the P4R. I'll wait on a request...no sense in doing a ROM yet...until I know there's a demand for it.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

Just wonder, if there will be a firmware update for P4 soon ?

Comment

wondering the same as the 3288 hph box is getting lots of attention from Mo..... cheers riley

Comment

As of today there isn't a newer firmware available from Pipo. I will post a new ROM when I receive a firmware update. Currently #665 is the latest.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Your donation is greatly appreciated. I'll make sure it goes to good use...furthering my ROM development.

With everyone's donations, I was able to purchase a P4 to test on.

BTW...has anyone heard of or seen a P4R tablet? I've seen some firmware updates for this tablet...but I don't know much about it. I guess it's an updated model.

If you own a P4R...DO NOT FLASH THIS ROM!!!!!!! Just ask me, and I'll make a new ROM just for the P4R. I'll wait on a request...no sense in doing a ROM yet...until I know there's a demand for it.
                          so i just had contact with someone from pipo and they dont have a model in their company that is called the P4R

but they also dont know if it should work on the P4 ...

Comment

Pipo P4 RileyROM 2.0

Could be one revisiĆ³n of Last firmware of p4?? Sorry for my english. I Know one user Who instaled the rom on p4, and run perfectly.

Comment

What are the different parameter files for?

I often have lagspikes and reboots on my P4 with 2.0.1....

Running it on ART.

Comment

Re: Pipo P4 RileyROM 2.0

Originally posted by stervis View Post
                                What are the different parameter files for?

I often have lagspikes and reboots on my P4 with 2.0.1....

Running it on ART.
                                The parameter files are for choosing the size of the system partition in case you're a big app installer. I always use 4Gb and am only at 60%.

I very rarely have crashes on my P4 but not using Dalvik.

Sent from Tapatalk on my Pipo P4 running RR 2.01

Comment

Working...
                                X