X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dankec View Post
    For MXIII, 1Gb you could try this fw:

Could someone with s82(B) or s89 try this fw also:

They are both coming with Kodi 14 beta 1.

This fw:

should work with S82. Please test!
    I flashed firmware 20141105 on my mxIII... Everything works smooth and fast..
    The only thing i need is CEC...

Please can you add the CEC code from:
    New build for M8

Today I have a little surprise for the community. Finally I have made the HDMI CEC working on M8boxes! Now you can use the remote from your TV to control the XBMC.

Download links:

Thanx..

Comment

They are both coming with Kodi 14 beta 1.

This fw:

should work with S82. Please test!
      Hello,

I tested 20141105 on my mxIII.. Everything very smooth and stable.. But no cec.. And i need cec.
      can you put the cec code from codesnake in the next build?
      New build for M8

Today I have a little surprise for the community. Finally I have made the HDMI CEC working on M8boxes! Now you can use the remote from your TV to control the XBMC.

Download links:

Comment

Originally posted by
        [URL
        http://amlinux.ru/img/OpenELEC-devel-20141105015536-r19634-ge3cf800-s82-20141105.zip[/URL]
        Just installed, let you know the results in a couple of days use.

Comment

The openELEC from this thread didn't work on my s89-H.

I've tried "OpenELEC-devel-20141105015536-r19634-ge3cf800-s82-20141105.zip" with the above mentioned Tronsmart s89-H, and it works amazing!

CEC is the only feature missing, but I've seen a commit fixing it (hopefully) in CodeSnake github recently. So it might be just a matter to wait for the next update!
          However, the native remote have lot more functionality that the TV remote. And I'm usually ending up using Yatse on my phone... So it's definitely not a deal breaker for me.

Cheers to kerber from xbmc.ru!! Thanks for this

Comment

Sorry for being an a*** here...

But, the last thing I need to do is to sit here and have to fight with this Box One more time.
            After nearly bricking it within the first Twenty Minutes of taking possession of it. (It happened when I was trying to install the TWRP Recovery to it!).

Thankfully I was able to recover it though.
            A skill that came in hand again yesterday morning. When I had to revert back from AMLinux, 'cause the WiFi implementation of the AP6181 on it was paints.
            First off... It failed to work ootb. Ok the fix seemed simple enough being a simple chmod +x to the /etc/init.d/s60wifi File.
            Which indeed activate my WiFi.
            However, this was still not enough for me to connect to my AP though.
            WPA, WPA2 and even unencrypted! I was completely unable to connect to my Network.

So again at the risk of being an a*** here.
            Do we know that this Firmware, will work on / with the AP6181 Chip?
            And is there any limitations here that I should be aware of... Example 256bit WPA2 Keys @ 63 ASCII Characters, such as the Key I use to lock down my net.

I'm willing to bend where needs must, but I would really like confirmation that these things work before I wast the best part of yet One more day in trying to recover the System back to a working state.
            Even though AMLinux is clearly vastly superior to Android. If it doesn't work at anything less then 99%.
            Then I'll have to pass on it.

P.s. Your Link to http://amlinux.ru/img/OpenELEC-devel...1-20141104.zip. Leads to a "You shall not pass..." Meme, and not the reported File. Any chance you might be able to fix that?

Thx....
            Last edited by no_spam_for_me; 11-09-2014, 06:55. Reason: wrong word :)

Comment

Ya you are being one. Anyways that's what testing is about buy a machine that meets your needs if this doesn't. I thank the dev for all his hard work. Happy to have at the point it is now. I'll test some more when I get some time but wow this is super fast!!

You haven't owed a android tv box till you've bricked it and brought it back to life. Learn alot doing it to lol. Thankfully it's hard to fully brick these ones. It's possible that I know too well lol.

Regards.
              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

@ Ichijoe
                No need for words like a*** here at the forum (are not really welcome)

@ scooter2014
                No need for name calling (ok it's not really name calling but nearly like this) BUT I think you only forget the at the end of the first sentence...

@both
                please remember the forum-rules
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Ok first off I'm sorry if I offended anyone here. That wasn't my intention.
                  I'm just not really interested in re-bricking a Device I had for less then a Weeks time.
                  'Cause I was an idiot... (Is that still OK?!), and actually went ahead and, nearly bricked it by just trying to install TWRP on to it.

Rant
                  If anything it did teach me how to force recover, my 1G/8G MXIII Box. Which is more or less not the problem here. But the rather loathsome IR Input Device required to input every little detail in between Google, and XBMC. I dare say its a huge wast of time. Time that could be saved had this thing had Bluetooth Keyboard Support. So if I have a problem it would be this.
                  In fact I would love to eMail the Cat who compiles these Monthly Updates... 107k4, 108k4, 109k4 and 110k4 if He/she couldn't program the MXIII (M82), to input T9 Alpha Numeric's. Granted while its not better then an actuall Touch Screen, Keyboard. It would be a huge boon in getting though that Setup process, slash Web browsing.

/Rant...

Well not quite. As to the Mr. Scooter's quip, about me to stop whining...
                  And, heck he may even be correct in that...
                  I'd still like to point out, just One small, very fine detail....

The Link to the Firmware I need to use for my 1G/8G M82 Device... e.g. This One -> http://amlinux.ru/img/OpenELEC-devel...1-20141104.zip
                  Terminates at this Pic. here, and not the Firmware, that I need to test.

Comment

Because 'OpenELEC-devel-20141103235417-r19625-g95f2b2e-mx3_1-20141104.zip' doesn't longer exist at the server...
                    Have a look at: http://amlinux.ru/img/
                    But I have no idea which one of the three mx3 files you should use?
                    I think (but of cause not sure) the short file-name is a release version and the both others are newer alpha/beta builds...
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Spam he said it I just agreed I didn't name call. know the rules
                      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Ok what box do you have? I have the s82b. As far as the security for WiFi apps to get better then that are available.

Knowing how to bring back always a good thing as its needed skill set for playing with these builds.

Comment

I have this http://www.geekbuying.com/item/MXIII...ck-330268.html (a.k.a The 1Gig RAM & 8Gig ROM Amlogic S802 Quad Core @2Ghz, Octi-Core Mali450, and the AP6181 2.4Ghz 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Chip)

I think it may well be a Generic M82 Board sold under the MXIII Brand.

The problem as I understand it is that the very first generation of 1G MXIII's to leave China, all had the Realtek RTL8188 2.4Ghz b/g/n Chip installed. While the newer, and still shipping 1G MXIIIs now have the AP6181 Chip.

Having installed stane1983's AMLinux build for the 1G/8G MXIII I found that the WiFi did NOT work out of the box. On the same Website a few comments into that discussion. The apperent "fix" was to do a chmod +x to /etc/init.d/s60wifi.

That got the WiFi to turn on, and scan all the local APs, plus my own!
                          However I wasn't able to connect to my AP, be it WPA, or WPA2. I couldn't even connect to my AP with all encryption turned off!

That's my problem...

I just want to be clear on one thing does AMLinux use busybox Linux? or Arch?
                          I can move my rear 'round a Debian Disto Debian, Mint or Ubuntu well enough. I think I can learn my way 'round Busybox if I must. I'm not entirely inept at the concept of compiling drivers either. I'm replacing a Linux HTPC with this Box as a means to cut Electricity costs. Since I pretty much used that for most of last year for XBMC anyway. So having TVHeadend on the MXIII Box for FTA DVB-C would be awesome! As would having DVB-S2.

But, I really don't even know were to start with AMLinux.

*Edit* I'm gonna give this Firmware a try...

I'll post back soon about how it went...

Ok again everything seems to be working EXCEPT THE AP6181 WiFi.
                          Any clue on how I enable SSH Telnet to see if I can change the permission of the S60wifi again? (Scratch that I figgered it it out. duh... I didn't set the flag before hand.)
                          Barring that is there any Login/Pass that I should know about? (p.s. again scratch that... I'm an idiot. That can't take the time to read. Its root : openelec)...

thx...

Edit III...
                          Ok so I'm in a terminal on my PC connected to the MXIII though Putty SSH, and I can see that it should have the AP6181 Drivers, already. Any clue as to go about getting them to work?

thx...
                          Last edited by Ichijoe; 11-09-2014, 19:17.

Comment

Do you know how to manually load modules?
                            => http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Kernelmodule
                            Maybe you are able at a first step, for testing, to load the module(s) manually...

BTW:
                            - busybox isn't a distribution but a tool-box
                            => http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/BusyBox
                            => http://www.busybox.net/downloads/BusyBox.html
                            - AMLinux and OE aren't full distribution (e.g. no xserver (GUI))... only to run XBMC
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

English lol

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                                Do you know how to manually load modules?
                                => http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Kernelmodule
                                Maybe you are able at a first step, for testing, to load the module(s) manually...

BTW:
                                - busybox isn't a distribution but a tool-box
                                => http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/BusyBox
                                => http://www.busybox.net/downloads/BusyBox.html
                                - AMLinux and OE aren't full distribution (e.g. no xserver (GUI))... only to run XBMC
                                Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                                Thanks for the 101!!

Well I did say that I was from Germany... lol, so I have no problems with reading that. Though I'm an American Ex-pat living here now.

BTW: I do know, or understand the difference between a simple Busybox (i.e. simple posix command line ONLY), and a more flavor rich "Distro". I was asking for more clarification on what was actually used on OpenELEC/AMLiunx.ru builds. Gong on the basis that I was able to pullup Midnight Commander (e.g. mcedit), on the Builds _In this Thread_ I'm sure that this ISN'T a simple Busybox Server.

As to loading, or even for that matter compiling Kernel-Mode Drivers. I think I should be able to get away with that. If I'm able to build the correct toolchain(s) for it via an apt-get install build-dependencies.

Unfortunately most of the 5 or 6 Years I've dealt with Linux on my HTPC were mostly with Debian Builds. Mostly some form of ubuntu or other. So though I can deal with Redhat or Gentoo, or even Arch I would have to re-learn my way 'round some of those again.

Comment

Working...
                                X