No announcement yet.

OpenELEC for s82, M8, MXIII, Tronsmart S89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks I may give... Ok I'll break down and give this new Update for the 1G/8G MXIII a shot... I'd just like to ask One last Question. Why was the last MX3 Update back on the Twelfth of November branded as DO NOT USE!, and did it have anything to do with the WiFi?

I have the newer AP-6181 MXIII Version, and of all the current... (up till the most recent Update a moment ago), none of the other "Updates" even worked on my MXIII.

I don't mind wasting my time so much to playtest something I'd plan (or at least have hopes to move on to at some point!), But I'd like to know the Change Log ahead of time. 'cause if the DO NOT USE was ment for the RTL8188 Users. Then I'm even less thrilled about installing some Firmware that's has had troubles in the past when it came to the AP6181 Wifi.

So I'm still waiting for an answer as such to that Question. But I'd really like to know it its worthwhile for AP6181 users to bother trying this ahead of time.

Thx...

Comment

Hello dankek,

Thanks for update!
      Do you know Dev is working on this awesome rom? i'd like to donate.

Comment

Ok its almost like I knew that this was gonna be a waste of time, and now a potentially even MAJOR PITFA! (Having hit the "Limits" of what I can now deauthorize from from Google Music!)

In any case... For whatever reason. The WiFi is again not working OttB.. Not even the "DO NOT USE" Version from the Twelfth even had. So why even have it in the Setup Screen then? If I have to first go to "Settings" -> "OpenELEC"-> "Network" (IIRC?!), and set the WiFi Service to enabled?

Now unlike the DO NOT USE from the Twelfth. The WiFi is again NOT working (i.e. AP-6181). Though to be fair... It is able to at least see the local Flora of APs in my local. As well as my own. I just can't seem to connect to my Router via WPA2 though. And, yeah before I forget I've already disabled any MAC Filtering that I may have had on before hand. Realizing that this Firmware has the potential to change, or alter said MAC Address. And, so guarantee that I couldn't make said Connection.

WiFi Problems aside for the moment....

Are there any known "Issues" with the amcodec?
        'Cause I could just about live with crappy, or non-existant WiFi... But, this (Barring whatever you may think of my taste in Animation...), isn't very acceptable...

As you can see here only the Upper Left part of the Frame is being rendered. Both the TV, and Kodi are set to display 720p@50Hz. The Above Source is also 720p!

This is how it should... More or less look.

Ponies Aside... I'd like to draw your attention to bordering frame!
        And ask you if this is a bug thats in XBMC / Kodi, or if its an amcodec problem.
        I've seen this happen with SPMC (Google Play), before too. Though when I last tested it Yesterday it managed to render it as well as the Stock i.e. (109k4 Firmware), 2160p Version of XBMC.
        This above "Pic" was taken using the 4k Player though as that renders the above source 100% correctly at 720p. In XBMC with it defaulting to 1080p @60Hz... My TV only does 720p/1080i! Preferably at 50Hz (European PAL), I pretty much have to constantly zoom pinch XBMC, to 95% in order to fix the entire Screen like that.

Thanks for keeping us updated about the current state of OpenELEC.
        I really do hope that this One Bug above all can be managed once the next major amcodec hits... Assuming this is a amcodec problem that is...

Comment

How to Update?

Hi there

i'm a linux newbie…how to update my amlinux version….i have the Kodi 14.0-BETA2 Git:050ba05 (compiled Nov 14 2014) Version 4.9.5.2.5.0

download the tar file and then…how to start or run the update…do i need a backup of my current settings, add ons etc?

many thanks for your replies

cheers

Groovetemple

ps i'm a mac user…can't use TWP tool or so….so only SD card update possible….

Comment

Where can i find a TVHeadend version for this openelec version?
            In AddOns i can´t find any TVHeadend versionv

Comment

Originally posted by Groovetemple View Post
              Hi there

i'm a linux newbie…how to update my amlinux version….i have the Kodi 14.0-BETA2 Git:050ba05 (compiled Nov 14 2014) Version 4.9.5.2.5.0

download the tar file and then…how to start or run the update…do i need a backup of my current settings, add ons etc?

many thanks for your replies

cheers

Groovetemple

ps i'm a mac user…can't use TWP tool or so….so only SD card update possible….
              check http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/HO...e_Update_Files

Comment

Hi Guys

I guess this box is supported to run OpenElec

Comment

how to upgrade..please…..

yes..checked this link, but i don't get it..how to add the update folder via smb share…sorry if i'm stupid…i'm a linux newbie….

where to find the mask…..connect to server in Kodi????

where to add this folder in xbmc???? and how to copy these files into that folder…open data manager and then smb share…workgroup….how and where to add the folder…i don't get it…please help me..thanks…seems really complicated
                  Last edited by Groovetemple; 11-27-2014, 01:35.

Comment

windows SMB is broke it seems on anything i try thats kodi

Comment

Originally posted by Groovetemple View Post
                      yes..checked this link, but i don't get it..how to add the update folder via smb share…sorry if i'm stupid…i'm a linux newbie….

where to find the mask…..connect to server in Kodi????

where to add this folder in xbmc???? and how to copy these files into that folder…open data manager and then smb share…workgroup….how and where to add the folder…i don't get it…please help me..thanks…seems really complicated
                      Just open your windows laptop on same network than your Openelec device, and you have to enter \\openelec in our windows navigator. Put 4 openelec update files in update folder and reboot. That's it!

Of course, check samba is activited on openelec.

Comment

Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
                        Just open your windows laptop on same network than your Openelec device, and you have to enter \\openelec in our windows navigator. Put 4 openelec update files in update folder and reboot. That's it!

Of course, check samba is activited on openelec.
                        Barring that... Since your presumably putting Files into OpenELEC. Couldn't you just turn the SSH/SFTP Server on... Then use WinSCP to transfer whatever... Faster?!

Comment

Hi Justme,

atm my tronsmart is running OpenELEC-4.2.1-s82-20141117.zip
                          Is OpenELEC-Amlogic.S82.arm-4.95.4.zip a major improvement because i`m quite happy with the current openelec. Only bug i noticed that some videos arent running smoothly (especially avi).

So what is the difference or are there changelogs we could check ?

Comment

Originally posted by daanw View Post
                            Hi Justme,

atm my tronsmart is running OpenELEC-4.2.1-s82-20141117.zip
                            Is OpenELEC-Amlogic.S82.arm-4.95.4.zip a major improvement because i`m quite happy with the current openelec. Only bug i noticed that some videos arent running smoothly (especially avi).

So what is the difference or are there changelogs we could check ?
                            Hi,

Same differences than Gotham 13.2 and Kodi beta 4. So, new drivers ... but not really visible for an user.

I use Kody because xvid is so crap on 4.2.1 (Gotham).

BTW, Justme isn't this rom creator...

Comment

Ah, thank you for explaining. Also thank you for this awesome ROM. Updating right away😀.

Comment

I installed the latest Russian build (4.95.4) with Kodi 14 beta 4 but I got several freezes from time to time. Did a clean install with wiping data and did not restore any backup.
                                Have you same problems or are you using other builds without any freezes?

And is someone using an airmouse with openelec? I ordered one from aliexpress but it doesn't work out of the box.
                                I bought this one:

Comment

Working...
                                X