Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tattman, you da bestes! just read further up in this thread on how to replace the bootimage.zip file, although I still see the original Finless boot image full screen then it snaps to the file you made. that doent bother me at all, although I would like to dig alittle deeper and find out why its still there. My real question for you would be can a audio file be put into the zip folder that can be played one time at the start of your boot image? if so, what format would it be in and what would be the proper length of the audio file?

Comment

Originally posted by crooked8s View Post
      Tattman, you da bestes! just read further up in this thread on how to replace the bootimage.zip file, although I still see the original Finless boot image full screen then it snaps to the file you made. that doent bother me at all, although I would like to dig alittle deeper and find out why its still there. My real question for you would be can a audio file be put into the zip folder that can be played one time at the start of your boot image? if so, what format would it be in and what would be the proper length of the audio file?

that image you are seeing is embedded in the boot.img Bob is going to make you one to replace it and all you have to do is flash boot.img and you will have you new one in place .
      freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

aahhh ok, what about a start up sound, that plays when the bootimage starts?

Comment

Originally posted by crooked8s View Post
          aahhh ok, what about a start up sound, that plays when the bootimage starts?

i'll have to investigate that one not sure about the tv players

Comment

Not all system allow bootsound. If you want to try it go into /system/media/audio/ui
            and put a small MP3 file in there and name in PowerOn.mp3 (please note upper and lower case letters).

If that does not work in may want a .ogg audio file. Go in that directory again and make a copy of one of the sound.ogg files in there. rename the copy to PowerOn.ogg and see if that plays on boot.

If not, then boot sound is not supported.

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Re: FreakTab ROMs - Boot Screen and Animation Art Discussions

i read somewhere that it is something with kernel support.
              or am i wrong

Verstuurd van mijn GT-S5660 met Tapatalk
              if you love my work please buy a coffee

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
              https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

</form>

Comment

Originally posted by snakekiller View Post
                i read somewhere that it is something with kernel support.
                or am i wrong

Verstuurd van mijn GT-S5660 met Tapatalk
                Yes and no.
                1) Yes that kernel has to load up the audio drivers and initialize the audio system at boot. If it does not do this early at boot, then you wont be able to get audio boot sound.
                2) The bootanimation binary in /bin must also support paying an audio boot sound. Not all do.

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Playin with .png's all day!!!

After Tattmans bootimage.zip file and Bob's help with a link that he emailed me and following the link above I have been playing with .png images all day. Thanks for your for your help guys! I will be working on the sound file when I am done with the bootimage file.

I'll keep ya posted!

Comment

heres the new bootanimation for the imito that i redone for crooked8s yesterday

Comment

Hello,

I need the FreakTab logo png to make a custom boot animation.

Thanks

Comment

heres the new animation for the n101 update thats soon to be released.

Comment

I wish I had a look at this thread before...

This is my first idea about a boot animation. It is designed for iMito MX1 1.7 720p Finless ROM.

Best

AP

Preview:

Last edited by approximatelyprecise; 03-22-2013, 14:24.

Comment

Originally posted by approximatelyprecise View Post
                            I wish I had a look at this thread before...

This is my first idea about a boot animation. It is designed for iMito MX1 1.7 720p Finless ROM.

Best

AP

Preview:

very cool man, good job

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
                              Sequence of boot screens and animations as follows

A boot screen from the kernel. This fairly basic in terms of colour depth
                              A boot screen from boot.img. this static but good colour depth
                              Boot animation from system. Good colour depth and multiple images. Too many images will impact boot times.
                              what if I want to customise the boot screen from kernel? How can I do that?
                              I have my own boot animation but when the device is first on, it's just showing its Measy uc2 screen then my images, which is quite odd.

Comment

Re: FreakTab ROMs - Boot Screen and Animation Art Discussions

I found a tool over on flash my android that I could persuade to work in some cases. I'll see if I can find the details.
                                900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Working...
                                X