Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and also I am one of those people that don't like advertising in my boot animation which is why I made the recommendation to separate them

Comment

Originally posted by tattman65 View Post
      generic ,i'll look up the one your asked about i think i just have it in 720 . may take me awhile to find it .

i had worked on this before and your idea inspired me . so i redone it for a rom last night .
      LOL, somehow I missed this large post. I think that bypasses poor eyesite and verges on senility.

Yah, that is also more in line with what I wanted. I'm not sure if it's because it's such a small gif but I feel like you may be suffering from the same problem I was. It's difficult to get the objects to appear as though they belong together. You also cheated like I did with adding the shadow effect to make the droid feel like it belonged there. Maybe adding a far, far, more subtle but similar shadow effect to the blinking lights would help blend them in. Also maybe a hint of gloss on the background textures.

I would recommend applying your "NEO X5" text styles to your "A FINLESS BOB ROM " text. Either that or you could try a burn in type style similar to the one I had done. I chose it because the basic text looks out of place on these types of images.

Again these recommendations are based on an image that I can't clearly make out.

PS. Glad I could be inspirational. It's your work that inspired me to give it a try.

Comment

yeah generic, unfortunatley the gif is nowhere near like the animation looks .

it's really slow and the images are not clean .. on the big screen it looks way better .
        freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

yeah generic, unfortunatley the gif is nowhere near like the animation looks .

it's really slow and the images are not clean .. on the big screen it looks way better .
          Yah, I hate how that happens. Love to see it in all it's glory.

Comment

Originally posted by fullygeneric001 View Post
            lol, thx. I guess I could upload, but I currently only have it in 1080p. If anyone's interested, I could throw up a link.
            zactly, link it bro the s@#t is way cool.

Ga||o pours his second drink of the day for breakfast and patiently waits hehe

Fifth of Whiskey - Bishop and Verse - Banshee Season 1

link the one with the freaktab logo and might i suggest adding Finless Rom v1.7 also
            Last edited by tattman65; 04-05-2013, 14:45. Reason: no cursing please

Comment

Originally posted by gallo View Post
              zactly, link it bro the s@#t is way cool.
              Ga||o pours his second drink of the day for breakfast and patiently waits hehe
              Fifth of Whiskey - Bishop and Verse - Banshee Season 1
              link the one with the freaktab logo and might i suggest adding Finless Rom v1.7 also
              Ahh, I think you're thinking of Tattman's boot screen. The one that I like, with the slick textures. Mine was the first, much more basic black one, with the grey android and already says Finless Rom 1.7.

You'll have to harass Tattman, as I have, to try to get his one.

I think my boot screen would be more likely to get a "it's simple and clean" response rather than "s@#t is way cool"
              Last edited by fullygeneric001; 04-05-2013, 21:20.

Comment

Ahh, I think you're thinking of Tattman's boot screen. The one that I like, with the slick textures. Mine was the first, much more basic black one, with the grey android and already says Finless Rom 1.7.

You'll have to harass Tattman, as I have, to try to get his one.

I think my boot screen would be more likely get to get a "it's simple and clean" response rather than "s@#t is way cool"
                i'm looking for that one generic, i know it's somewhere . but it's no telling.

Comment

here ya go generic it's the one you was asking about set at 1280x720 . i left it as is just adjusted the res.

do with it what you will my friend .

any questions just ask .

Comment

here ya go generic it's the one you was asking about set at 1280x720 . i left it as is just adjusted the res.

any questions just ask .
                    LOL, I'm such a noob.

I accidentally opened your boot ani zip file and was surprised to see it in raw format. I thought, "Oh I guess he just sent it to me like this so I could play with it." Then my curiosity kicked in and I opened my boot ani zip file and said out loud, "you've got to be kidding me." I had no idea that all the boot animation factory was doing was adding the desc file. I'm such a tool.

Oh well, I guess that's what I get for believing in fairies.

I just realized that because you have that little zappy red dot in the background that I won't easily be able to add a couple extra frames. You don't happen to still have the .PSD for that do you.

I noticed you saved these as .PNG files, which I didn't realize were acceptable for boot images. Are there any other format's that are compatible? Also I remember you saying before that when you increased the number of frames by much it increased the boot time. Most of the boot animation files I have seen have been in .JPG, some of which have numbers that reach into the hundreds, and at a notably smaller file size. Have you tried to see what kind of boot times you get using .JPG instead?

Thx for the upload.

Comment

LOL, I'm such a noob.

I accidentally opened your boot ani zip file and was surprised to see it in raw format. I thought, "Oh I guess he just sent it to me like this so I could play with it." Then my curiosity kicked in and I opened my boot ani zip file and said out loud, "you've got to be kidding me." I had no idea that all the boot animation factory was doing was adding the desc file. I'm such a tool.

Oh well, I guess that's what I get for believing in fairies.

I just realized that because you have that little zappy red dot in the background that I won't easily be able to add a couple extra frames. You don't happen to still have the .PSD for that do you.

I noticed you saved these as .PNG files, which I didn't realize were acceptable for boot images. Are there any other format's that are compatible? Also I remember you saying before that when you increased the number of frames by much it increased the boot time. Most of the boot animation files I have seen have been in .JPG, some of which have numbers that reach into the hundreds, and at a notably smaller file size. Have you tried to see what kind of boot times you get using .JPG instead?

Thx for the upload.
                      ok , wow.. lol. yes i'll send you the folder and you can do what you want to it . and most devices use png's some will only see jpg for the animation.

you should be good adding some frames . i've played with it alot to see boot time and as long as the pictures are not too dramatic , boot time does not change too much.

so it really depends on the device on which format you can use . but experement . see what happens .

i'll post that folder for you soon .

Comment

ok generic , heres the animation in just a folder . have fun

Comment

ok generic , heres the animation in just a folder . have fun

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ue3f9959imkhcxg/jqo7tQTfzw
                          Sorry for the confusion. Those are the .PNG files, I was asking about the .PSD file. The PSD would have all of your raw elements in it so that the whole thing can be manipulated in any way. The .PNG files were actually in the first link you sent me.

I hope you're saving your original files in the .PSD format otherwise you are making yourself alot of potential extra work by not saving the project as a whole.

Thx for the quick response.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. Those are the .PNG files, I was asking about the .PSD file. The PSD would have all of your raw elements in it so that the whole thing can be manipulated in any way. The .PNG files were actually in the first link you sent me.

I hope you're saving your original files in the .PSD format otherwise you are making yourself alot of potential extra work by not saving the project as a whole.

Thx for the quick response.
                            no ,my friend i never save it in but the format i am working with. i make all my ani's from scratch .

so sorry no psd file buddy .

Comment

Well snuggle close sir, do I have a world of wonder to show you.

If you are working in .PNG you are working far too hard. .PNG is for saving high quality relatively uncompressed files. .PSD is Photoshop's personal project file. It may look like a regular image when seen through the eye's of a standard image viewer but open it with Photoshop and your entire project opens up before you.

The trick with Photoshop is learning to try to keep every element of your file in as raw of a format as you can while still creating the image that you want. By doing this you can go back at any time and alter any aspect of the photo. Every object in your image is saved as a layer and can be altered deleted or replaced without affecting the rest of the image. The 9 images that you sent me would typically all be in the one PSD file and you would just alter one or more states in that image and the export them to .PNG, .JPG, ect . . .

For my boot image where you saw the little blue bar move across the screen, I had it all as part of the original .PSD file. I duplicated the little blue bar 5 times and moved them over slightly to fill each spot. Then all I did was save 5 unique .JPG files all by turning off the visibility of one blue bar and turning on the visibility of the next one, save repeat. This was so if I wanted to go back later and make the little bar green I could make the change and export 5 unique .JPG images in little over a two minutes. I just change the one little blue bar the way I want and then paste the style change to all four of the other bars.

In your Boot animation you could change absolutely every texture, every text style, every color without recreating a single thing. You never need to decide that you are done working on that image because if it is saved as a .PSD it becomes a project that you can go back to at anytime and alter it like you were making it for the first time.

Sooo, there's my sales pitch

Excited yet?

Comment

Well snuggle close sir, do I have a world of wonder to show you.

If you are working in .PNG you are working far too hard. .PNG is for saving high quality relatively uncompressed files. .PSD is Photoshop's personal project file. It may look like a regular image when seen through the eye's of a standard image viewer but open it with Photoshop and your entire project opens up before you.

The trick with Photoshop is learning to try to keep every element of your file in as raw of a format as you can while still creating the image that you want. By doing this you can go back at any time and alter any aspect of the photo. Every object in your image is saved as a layer and can be altered deleted or replaced without affecting the rest of the image. The 9 images that you sent me would typically all be in the one PSD file and you would just alter one or more states in that image and the export them to .PNG, .JPG, ect . . .

For my boot image where you saw the little blue bar move across the screen, I had it all as part of the original .PSD file. I duplicated the little blue bar 5 times and moved them over slightly to fill each spot. Then all I did was save 5 unique .JPG files all by turning off the visibility of one blue bar and turning on the visibility of the next one, save repeat. This was so if I wanted to go back later and make the little bar green I could make the change and export 5 unique .JPG images in little over a two minutes. I just change the one little blue bar the way I want and then paste the style change to all four of the other bars.

In your Boot animation you could change absolutely every texture, every text style, every color without recreating a single thing. You never need to decide that you are done working on that image because if it is saved as a .PSD it becomes a project that you can go back to at anytime and alter it like you were making it for the first time.

Sooo, there's my sales pitch

Excited yet?

well, do you work for the makers of photoshop ? if not you should !!!!! but yes sir i see just what you mean . most of the time i just make my images and if i have to do anything else . i do it again.

i sometimes have too much time on my hands at the tattoo shop , so i can sit for awhile working in animations . but yeah ,i'll have to experement with this and see what i can do .

so thanks man ! i really appreciate the transfer of knowledge ! live long and prosper my friend !

Comment

Working...
                                X