Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the boot animation is not full sized of the kernel you are using, you could see a rotation.
    Also if your using some other launcher, it may also do a slight rotation on boot.

So stock, there should be no rotation. Something else is causing it.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      If the boot animation is not full sized of the kernel you are using, you could see a rotation.
      Also if your using some other launcher, it may also do a slight rotation on boot.

So stock, there should be no rotation. Something else is causing it.

Bob
      Thanks, Bob. What is the size of the Measy image inside the boot.img? I guess it is 1280x720, and I make the same image size for may bootanimation.zip

Also, I use the launcher accompanied with your ROM.

Definitely, something unknown has caused the matter.

Comment

The boot screen on the Finless 1.7 rom was a bit too bright and blinky for me. I usually turn on my UG802 and Imito MX2 late at night and the only thing overly bright on them is the boot screen. It felt a little like I was at a Disco. I figured I might as well put my inartistic geeky self to work on something simple that I didn't have to be overly embarrassed to mention that I made when it popped up on the screen in front of friends.

The end result came out better than expected but not as exciting as I would have hoped.

Last edited by fullygeneric001; 04-04-2013, 21:44.

Comment

Originally posted by fullygeneric001 View Post
          The boot screen on the Finless 1.7 rom was a bit too bright and blinky for me. I usually turn on my UG802 and Imito MX2 late at night and the only thing overly bright on them is the boot screen. It felt a little like I was at a Disco. I figured I might as well put my inartistic geeky self to work on something simple that I didn't have to be overly embarrassed to mention that I made when it popped up on the screen in front of friends.

The end result came out better than expected but not as exciting as I would have hoped.

thats really cool man! ,yeah i tend to be a bit flashy making mine ,i've been trying to make them a bit more dark for the tv players . but i really like this ! good job
          freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

Thanks, It was a royal pain in the ass trying to figure out how to get it to look like that. It saddens me to think that someone with moderate experience could recreate it in moments.

I was actually expecting to see this gif you made as the boot logo on the 1.7 Rom. It would have been perfect for me. Though I probably would have tried to sneak in a couple extra frames and adjusted the boot image file to play it slower. You and your high speed lights

I would like to think I will try some ideas I had to do something fancier but the reality is I will probably be content with my plain black loading screen for the foreseeable future. That being said there was some cool abstract stuff that I saw videos for when I was trying to figure out my boot ani.

Comment

Thanks, It was a royal pain in the ass trying to figure out how to get it to look like that. It saddens me to think that someone with moderate experience could recreate it in moments.

I was actually expecting to see this gif you made as the boot logo on the 1.7 Rom. It would have been perfect for me. Though I probably would have tried to sneak in a couple extra frames and adjusted the boot image file to play it slower. You and your high speed lights

I would like to think I will try some ideas I had to do something fancier but the reality is I will probably be content with my plain black loading screen for the foreseeable future. That being said there was some cool abstract stuff that I saw videos for when I was trying to figure out my boot ani.

i actually redone this one for a tv player ,and i also slowed it down some . if you would like when i get a chance ,i'll hunt it down and send you a copy to mess with .

Comment

Sure, that would be great. Do you have it in both 720p and 1080p?

Do you know of a clean way to resize these without losing image quality, or do you typically just remake it in both sizes? I made mine at 1080p so I could edit it down. I figured if it didn't look good I could leave the droid and loading bar and just replace the background at 720p. It would look a little bigger but the image quality wouldn't drop.

I think if I was going to try again I may just forego the background and create more of an abstract loading image just floating in the middle of the screen. That way it's a really simple resize.

Comment

Just a thought, have you considered putting the Freaktab logo on a black background as the boot screen and then see if they have no problem letting you skip it on the actual boot animation. I mean, that is how it is typically done anyway. Then you never have to worry about creating multiple boot screens every time there is a new rom and you also don't have a static image of what you are about to animate. The benefit to Freaktab is that they temporarily get 100% of the screen real-estate. I think overall it will make more impact for them. Although I would recommend taking that opportunity to remake the 80's -esque logo.

Comment

fullygeneric001 awesome logo but where's the link hehe

Comment

Originally posted by gallo View Post
                      fullygeneric001 awesome logo but where's the link hehe
                      lol, thx. I guess I could upload, but I currently only have it in 1080p. If anyone's interested, I could throw up a link.

Comment

Sure, that would be great. Do you have it in both 720p and 1080p?

Do you know of a clean way to resize these without losing image quality, or do you typically just remake it in both sizes? I made mine at 1080p so I could edit it down. I figured if it didn't look good I could leave the droid and loading bar and just replace the background at 720p. It would look a little bigger but the image quality wouldn't drop.

I think if I was going to try again I may just forego the background and create more of an abstract loading image just floating in the middle of the screen. That way it's a really simple resize.

sorry , missed this . i was tattooing. yes i normally just make my images in the correct size needed .

cause if not ,it really shows . it's good to see somebody else interested in making these and really enjoys learning . i taught myself all i know about it with advice from Damo and a few others here .

Comment

generic ,i'll look up the one your asked about i think i just have it in 720 . may take me awhile to find it .

i had worked on this before and your idea inspired me . so i redone it for a rom last night .

Comment

Just a thought, have you considered putting the Freaktab logo on a black background as the boot screen and then see if they have no problem letting you skip it on the actual boot animation. I mean, that is how it is typically done anyway. Then you never have to worry about creating multiple boot screens every time there is a new rom and you also don't have a static image of what you are about to animate. The benefit to Freaktab is that they temporarily get 100% of the screen real-estate. I think overall it will make more impact for them. Although I would recommend taking that opportunity to remake the 80's -esque logo.

this would be cool but people get all touchy with putting big advertizing in the animations so i keep it minimal . but i do see what your getting at ,i may try it on one to see what it looks like .

Comment

Originally posted by tattman65 View Post
                              sorry , missed this . i was tattooing. yes i normally just make my images in the correct size needed .

cause if not ,it really shows . it's good to see somebody else interested in making these and really enjoys learning . i taught myself all i know about it with advice from Damo and a few others here .

:s I figured as much. Oh well, I'm sure I'll have a sit down and make the 720p version since I am using both formats. That is, until I sell my ug802. When the quad core's come out in full swing I'll never look back

Comment

Originally posted by tattman65 View Post
                                this would be cool but people get all touchy with putting big advertizing in the animations so i keep it minimal .
                                I don't know, I never really find the samsung boot logo obtrusive. As long as the Freaktab logo was done in a similar manner and wasn't taking up the whole screen it should be fine. The initial boot screen is only maybe 3 seconds before it goes into the boot animation. Black background and a crisp copy of the Freaktab logo only taking up about 25% of the center of the screen with nothing else, and it should be fine. If I had a large clean copy of the logo I could make a quick gif to see how it would look.

Like I said before though, this is where an updated Freaktab logo would really make a difference. Since I have no real artistic talent I'm all about having contests to vote for new logo's. They bring in great ideas, increase community's, which in turn helps sell product. Especially if say instead of just offering bragging rites they included a fancy new android tv player for the winner.

Comment

Working...
                                X