This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thx, Glad you enjoy it.

I was shocked to see the first download happening within a couple minutes of posting I left my post, confirmed the link, adjusted the description and poof there was already a download.

Comment

Thx for the dedicated Boot animation thread Tattman. I look forward to what yourself and other creative members have to offer in the way of boot animations.

For the sake of getting ahead of any problems, where will Freaktab stand on re-posting bootani's from other sites. I'm assuming personally crafted boot ani's won't be a problem, but what about if a member sees a cool boot ani on some other site, and thought it would be cool to post the image and appropriate file link on Freaktab.

PS. Looks like I stole the first spot

Comment

Originally posted by fullygeneric001 View Post
        Thx for the dedicated Boot animation thread Tattman. I look forward to what yourself and other creative members have to offer in the way of boot animations.

For the sake of getting ahead of any problems, where will Freaktab stand on re-posting bootani's from other sites. I'm assuming personally crafted boot ani's won't be a problem, but what about if a member sees a cool boot ani on some other site, and thought it would be cool to post the image and appropriate file link on Freaktab.

PS. Looks like I stole the first spot

well, just like any other situation on that type of subject FG, just make sure you put a proper link or at least a disclaimer as to where it came from . there is another thread here that has been up for awhile .

it's called cool boot animations . maybe that would be a better place to post such things as that ya know .
        freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

Originally posted by tattman65 View Post
          well, just like any other situation on that type of subject FG, just make sure you put a proper link or at least a disclaimer as to where it came from . there is another thread here that has been up for awhile .

it's called cool boot animations . maybe that would be a better place to post such things as that ya know .
          Smart thinkin.

Comment

Love the look of that boot ani you posted Tattman.

Comment

thanks man it was a tweaked version of an earlier

Comment

This last boot ani I made was actually supposed to be a static image but then i decided to make it a generic pre-bootanimation and then finally decided to make a loading circle and call it a full boot animation

I have looked through a lot of boot animations and I think the ones I prefer use an image over black background. It's also easier to convert them between 720p and 1080p. I'm no artist so I think I'll stick with abstract or text. I learned alot from that last boot animation. I made the whole thing in two PSD files and I'm pretty sure I could have done it all in one.

I'm not sure if I was doing something wrong or if Photoshop just likes to do whatever it wants but sometimes the frames would work perfectly and other times they would seem to do whatever the hell they wanted. Gotta say it was nice to not have to animate every individual frame and also export 19 frames in one go I was getting tired of save/change file type/change name/save - edit image -repeat, "oh crap I forgot something" - do it all over again for 19 frames.

If you don't know what the hell I'm referring to, then go check out the Bootanimation posting thread. Lets get some boot animations posted over there people. I know there are more than two of us here that are capable of creating boot animations. I mean I just made the first one in my entire life a month or so ago and I suck at art. Anyone can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by fullygeneric001 View Post
                  This last boot ani I made was actually supposed to be a static image but then i decided to make it a generic pre-bootanimation and then finally decided to make a loading circle and call it a full boot animation

I have looked through a lot of boot animations and I think the ones I prefer use an image over black background. It's also easier to convert them between 720p and 1080p. I'm no artist so I think I'll stick with abstract or text. I learned alot from that last boot animation. I made the whole thing in two PSD files and I'm pretty sure I could have done it all in one.

I'm not sure if I was doing something wrong or if Photoshop just likes to do whatever it wants but sometimes the frames would work perfectly and other times they would seem to do whatever the hell they wanted. Gotta say it was nice to not have to animate every individual frame and also export 19 frames in one go I was getting tired of save/change file type/change name/save - edit image -repeat, "oh crap I forgot something" - do it all over again for 19 frames.

If you don't know what the hell I'm referring to, then go check out the Bootanimation posting thread. Lets get some boot animations posted over there people. I know there are more than two of us here that are capable of creating boot animations. I mean I just made the first one in my entire life a month or so ago and I suck at art. Anyone can do it.

yeah, it gets pretty aggrivating when you go through it all and see one little thing that messes it all up. by the way ,VERY nice job on that last one .

Comment

Thx Tattman. I'm loving my new boot ani. It's a little simple but it makes up for it in being sharp and clean. I like it alot more than my first boot ani with the Droid. It's more slick and smooth.

Comment

I've created a 720P version of my original Black Android boot animation for those that wanted it.

Grab it here: Boot animation forum

PS. For those that have created their own boot animation but don't know where to host the file to share, I have been using sendspace.com for about a year and I think they'll host up to 300 MB's for free. Nice interface and keeps a download count.

For gif creating I use a free program called Phototscape. It's neither the best or worst but it does allow you to create HD gifs and set the frame rate.

For gif hosting I use postimage.org, Simple to set up, free, and I haven't had any problems yet.
                      Last edited by fullygeneric001; 05-17-2013, 09:59.

Comment

Thanks for the 720p version.
                        I'm currently using the 1080p one, but I'll save the 720er just in case I'm going to need it.

Comment

Originally posted by elmulti View Post
                          Thanks for the 720p version.
                          I'm currently using the 1080p one, but I'll save the 720er just in case I'm going to need it.
                          np

Just to let anyone who may be interested know that I should be able to change the colors of my FinFreak 1.7 Boot animation with relative ease. If there is a specific color that is most demanded I would consider making the necessary hue adjustment, rebuild the file and pop it up for mass consumption. I don't want to make a dozen colors so depending on what the majority wants I will make that color. If lacking a real majority, I will go with who asks first.

Don't hesitate to check out the demo for the currently available blue boot animation.
                          Check it out

Here are a few example stills. You will most likely need to view these in full screen for the HD textures to display properly.

Last edited by fullygeneric001; 05-20-2013, 06:39.

Comment

Comment

lol, it took me a bit to figure out how to make these images available in full resolution. Apparently Freaktabs Vbulletin Forum code doesn't allow full size images and instead auto re-sizes them. Which is fine, but I would have assumed that it would also automatically offer a link to the full size image. I guess not. Had to go old school and manually make the images linkable.

Comment

beings as this is where we talk about our bootanimations ,i would like to give props to atomwood on his first animation . over in the animation posting thread . good job dude

@ atomwood, please provide a link for other users to download your animation if you so wish .

it's all about sharing here .

Comment

Working...
                                X